Feb 14, 2004
Western Suburbs Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Storm
For mine in: Clarke, Toovey (best in reserves), Reid or Holland
out: Johnson, Egan, Goldsack (injured?)

Clarke is a definite and should replace Egan or Johnson.
Toovey apparently dominated in twos and Holland was also good.
Maybe Reid as another tall forward option

Can't comment on the ins as I havn't read much on the VFL match yet, however,

OUT
Egan, Johnson.

Just don't seem to have the awareness and skill to be playing at the moment. Games seems to fast, and in Egans case, to tuff.

If Goldsack is out bring in John Anthony . How did Clarke go ? , if okay bring him in for Ben Johnson .
I can't see that happening because think Johnno is a favourite though but he seems to need some time in the reserves .

I'd like Reid in too but where is the question .

well he was better than others, egan etc. I think you guys will keep him in, he brings a good mid 2 forward link. IMO

Mmm, he will probably get a game this week, just the way Mick is, he didn't play terribly, but he didn't set the world on fire either. As jerry said, he could be useful this week, although if he plays and Richmond play pressure football we may be screwd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT : Johnson,Johnson,Johnson,Egan
IN : Reid,Clarke.

Im not in a hurry to drop Rhyce just yet i even think Mick may give him couple of weeks too! Id like to see Egan develop with game time in the ones, but if hes going to cost us games and waste a spot then hes gotta go. Simple BJ must be dropped.I have a feeling Clarke will have a blinder and hes coming off the bench in my Supercoach team if in fact he is selected.Reid is a tough one to fit in the side from week to week, but i like his work rate and feel he'll improve imensley and he'll gell with the team given game time in the ones.

Holland (in hinesight) wouldve been handy against the tough Brissie bodies in and under in the wet....But against the tigers he may be a little slow...is he fit?

Goldsack ...Tough as guts ... Hell play.

Just a few questions.

1.Goldsack appeared for all the world to really do some major damage to his knee.
If you watch the replay his calf basically flexed at 45 degrees to his thigh.
I have not heard any mention of a knee injury and in closeups of him off the field during the game he seemed quite happy despite the big fat nose.
Anyone throw any light on his knee? Hoping no-one can and I hallucinated the whole thing.

2. One of Brisbane's player smashed into Rocca's back late after a contest for the ball....he went down pretty hard and took a while to get up, no free was payed AFAIK...any video reports...?

As for Ins & Outs

OUT
Johnson, Egan (needs to harden up at the contest)

IN
Clarke, Anthony.
(I also think MM may give one of either Reid or Dawes, Don't know who would get dropped though)

Just a few questions.

1.Goldsack appeared for all the world to really do some major damage to his knee.
If you watch the replay his calf basically flexed at 45 degrees to his thigh.
I have not heard any mention of a knee injury and in closeups of him off the field during the game he seemed quite happy despite the big fat nose.
Anyone throw any light on his knee? Hoping no-one can and I hallucinated the whole thing.

2. One of Brisbane's player smashed into Rocca's back late after a contest for the ball....he went down pretty hard and took a while to get up, no free was payed AFAIK...any video reports...?
Goldsack's knee is fine.
I doubt his nose is broken, if it is, very minimally. He's 100% fine for Sunday.

Merret on Rocca. Bit of a dirty act, but Anthony is fine. Shouldn't get reported. That's too pedantic imo.

Dont think Clarke is ready to come back to the seniors just yet. Went down the the match on Saturday and i think he could probably do with another week in the 2's.

Wellingham is one i'd be thinking to include for Egan.

In: Stanley
Out: Egan

I know Richmond have beaten us a bit of late but blooding another kid against them is the go. Johnson probably needed the game. Give him 1 more to prove his short term worth. There isn't anyone screaming for his spot. Let Clarke earn his spot back. Not sure how we can fit Reid or Anthony in at the moment but I'd like to see them play soon. I don't think Wellingham has been promoted?

Goldsack's knee is fine.
I doubt his nose is broken, if it is, very minimally. He's 100% fine for Sunday.

Merret on Rocca. Bit of a dirty act, but Anthony is fine. Shouldn't get reported. That's too pedantic imo.

Were the shoe on the other foot?
Relayed free and 1 week for Pebbles.

I don't think Wellingham has been promoted?
No, but with Presti/Rus/Dick all out, it's just a matter of sending a fax to the AFL. He could be promoted and selected in the same week, no sweat.

OUT: Egan, Johnson (who shouldn't have come in to start with).
IN: Reid, Wellingham.

If Goldy isn't ready due to a broken nose, Anthony in.

Time to promote Wellingham and reward his efforts in the reserves, not only for 08, but for 07. God I just want him to bloody play... every other man and his dog can get a game.

Yeah, Reid's gotta play. Trav is nursing a bit of an injury so maybe won't be at 100% capability so we'll need Reid to run the lines for us I think and provide the link between the mids and the forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins & Outs Vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back