Ins & Outs Vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: Egan, Johnson (who shouldn't have come in to start with).
IN: Reid, Wellingham.

If Goldy isn't ready due to a broken nose, Anthony in.

Time to promote Wellingham and reward his efforts in the reserves, not only for 08, but for 07. God I just want him to bloody play... every other man and his dog can get a game.

Has Wellingham been promoted off the rookie list?

Has Wellingham been promoted off the rookie list?

Not yet but it wouldn't be that hard, we have a couple on the long term injury list now (Rus, Dick) so we could promote him and play him in the same week.

I think it would be stupid not to play Reid this week (unless it is raining)

Who goes out? Probably Egan, no one else is giving me the shits quite as much as he is atm.

I may be wrong but isn't Reid touted as a forward?
Who would he replace and who would go back?

I would really like to see Egan get one more chance. We all know he is talented... He had an appaling game, but I think if it is dry, he could be very handy.

I don't see any real need for change, maybe rest Wakelin and bring in Anthony who played a near perfect game for the reserves.

OUT: Egan
IN: Lonie

Lonie's dash and dare would be pivotal against the Tigers, as the Tiges aren't an exceptionally quick team, besides the obvious in Deledio. Put Lonie on a HBF and he'll damage them with his speed and footskills.

By all reports Lonie was CRAP in the VFL.

I'd much rather give the young kids a go, who need to get games to stay on the list. Rather than the proven-soft middle-aged players on their last chance.

OUT: Egan
IN: Lonie

Lonie's dash and dare would be pivotal against the Tigers, as the Tiges aren't an exceptionally quick team, besides the obvious in Deledio. Put Lonie on a HBF and he'll damage them with his speed and footskills.

Dash, maybe. Dare, no.

Besides, Lonie won't be available because he's due for his annual mammogram on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a feeling that Malthouse may blood another kid .
So this week
Outs- goldsac (injured,broken nose,hypoextended leg )
Cloke-(sprained ankle,precautionary)
Johnson( out of form)
Egan (gutless)
Ins - Ben Reid
Chris Dawes
Marty Clarke
John Anthony or Danny Stanley

If Lonie comes in I'll be very upset. Doubt he will though. I'd just do a swap of Egan for Reid. Johnno was horrible but it's his first game back and you don't drop established senior players based on one bad performance.

Got a feeling that Malthouse may blood another kid .
So this week
Outs- goldsac (injured,broken nose,hypoextended leg )
Cloke-(sprained ankle,precautionary)
Johnson( out of form)
Egan (gutless)
Ins - Ben Reid
Chris Dawes
Marty Clarke
John Anthony or Danny Stanley

CD hasn't really shown a lot. Anthony can play forward I think

CD hasn't really shown a lot. Anthony can play forward I think

Reid is 150% first in line for the 3rd tall forward spot. Anthony is going to be a backman, who CAN play forward (like you said). However, he won't come in to play as a forward. But who knows with Mick.

Out: Egan, Johno
In: Toovey (deserving of another crack), Wellingham/ Anthony (Let the competition for our second key back post begin.)

Give marty one more. Need to see cook, cox and stanley throughout the season. All in the final year of their rookie contracts.

How many sub-par performances is the highly talented, highly under producing pendles allowed before mm decides its time for a confidence boost?? Surely not untouchable? zero impact in rds 1/2 and looking more marshmellowish by the week. Love him but needs to do much more to justify rep. and capitalise on ability.

In: Toovey (deserving of another crack), Wellingham/ Anthony (Let the competition for our second key back post begin.)

Give marty one more. Need to see cook, cox and stanley throughout the season. All in the final year of their rookie contracts.

How many sub-par performances is the highly talented, highly under producing pendles allowed before mm decides its time for a confidence boost?? Surely not untouchable? zero impact in rds 1/2 and looking more marshmellowish by the week. Love him but needs to do much more to justify rep. and capitalise on ability.

I'd say Pendles is now coming to terms with taggers. Hasn't been his best so far this season however he is pure class and shall come good. If by some reason he still isn't up to scratch after two more games though it may serve him better to let him get some confidence in the magoos but lets not get carried away too soon.

I actually think we should not make any changes.

Egan doesn't look the goods however a soggy gabba would not be the best environment for his type of running receiver player. I think he deserves one more chance this week.

Johnson was poor however it was his first game back. I personally would have given him at least one game at VFL level before bringing him back in however now he is in the squad should be allowed one more game to find his feet.

In my mind I would eventually like to drop Egan, Rhyce and Johnson however they are our run and carry types.

Congratulations on the biggest most ridiculous over reaction of the year! :rolleyes:

I think that some people have over the top expectations that a 19/20 year old kid will just come out and take the game by the scruff of the neck. Get this, he WILL NOT dominate the game this year. People need to get a reality check and not expect the likes of Pendles, Thomas, Cloke and Clarke etc to just come out and win us the game every week.

Pendles played okay in round 1 and certainly did have an impact on the game. He was less impressive on Friday but to me looked a little lost in the slippery conditions which I doubt he has encountered all that often in his brief career to date (late starter to footy).

He will come good and is no-where near in jeapordy of losing his spot.

calm down punter. pendles is here to stay.

Seeing Toovey kicked 3.2 against the Tigers last year and ripped it up last weekend he certainly hasn't done any harm in getting a call up.

I don't mind Egan all that much as I think he's got a good boot on him and he seems to know the gameplan well ... but geez I still think he's soft and IMO we don't need more Lonie types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins & Outs Vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back