Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheFool

Senior List
Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Remember a few weeks ago when it was reported on here that Arnot and Martin had a bit of a dust-up at training... well i now know the reason behind it...

Arnot fell asleep in a team meeting and as a result, the whole team had a 6am start the following day. Needless to say Dusty wasnt happy and let his feelings be known to the kid

Poor form by Arnot. Not trying to make a big deal out of it because its really not... Just thought y'all would be interested

Dusty should be encouraging the new kids, not "letting his feelings be known." Everyone makes mistakes and it was only 12 months ago that he was under heat for coming back unfit. Poor form by Dusty. Just worsens my fears.

Looks like a load of rubbish to me. Just a bit of competition in training that gets linked back to rumours IMO. Bring on the footy.

Well if so, Arnot will probably be trying his best not to fall asleep at the team meeting anymore, even if Dustry trying to dust him up doesn't bother him. Having made the whole team pay is enough.

This is actually true.

I heard it from a mate who gets his hair cut at the same place another bloke named Mick does. Anyway this guy Mick has an uncle that plays lawn bawls with the grandfather of the guy who used to mow Matt Arnot's next door neighbour's lawn.
That's where I heard it.

What's your source OP?

Fears of what mate?

I can answer this one.

Fear that dusty will become a player that does not realise he needs to pull his head in. We all love him but this guy could become an issue at the club if not managed properly - if this rumour is true ( and it sounds bizarre) i hope Dimma had "harsh words" with Dusty about it.

Great players we love.

Arrogant smart pricks not being reigned in is what we want to avoid.

I can answer this one.

Fear that dusty will become a player that does not realise he needs to pull his head in. We all love him but this guy could become an issue at the club if not managed properly - if this rumour is true ( and it sounds bizarre) i hope Dimma had "harsh words" with Dusty about it.

Great players we love.

Arrogant smart pricks not being reigned in is what we want to avoid.

FWIW ... a former player I spoke to had reservations about Dusty's attitude and that he may take some controlling.
He pointed to the tatts, which some think are cool and really don't bother me but ... the player pointed out that doesn't he realise that there is a whole life after football to be lived and opportunities to be had. They likely won't come the way of someone who turns up for work with art work on their neck.

I would have thought a quiet word to Arnott might be the way to go!

FWIW ... a former player I spoke to had reservations about Dusty's attitude and that he may take some controlling.
He pointed to the tatts, which some think are cool and really don't bother me but ... the player pointed out that doesn't he realise that there is a whole life after football to be lived and opportunities to be had. They likely won't come the way of someone who turns up for work with art work on their neck.

I would have thought a quiet word to Arnott might be the way to go!

True or not it warrants no focus.

Just bring on the footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can confirm the Arnot fell asleep in a team meeting before Xmas leading to an early morning swim on a Saturday morning for the whole squad. Whether this is why Martin decided to get into him is another question altogether.

Yeah that Dusty god his been a real problem that boy

Out of control

All those off field issues ... Zero

And not to mention that time he came to pre season not up too scratch the way he rebounded from that in his second season and got praise from all our coaching staff about his professionalism

his a worry....

Wonder if we can trade him for another Matty White type..

If this story is true! Well done Dustin for showing a bit of leadership id say Arnott wont be falling asleep in meetings anytime soon

Lol, that would seriously be classic if true.

Can't wait to see these two hard nut kids playing together and steam-rolling opposition :thumbsu:

They'll probly be best of mates after a few games together ;)

My source... I've played footy with Arnot and went to the same school and hear a fair bit from the guys who are still close mates with him. Obviously I'll never know what was going through dustins head when they started bluing. But it can only be a good thing if he is pulling young blokes up on the mistakes they make. In time he will learn to do it the right way

My source... I've played footy with Arnot and went to the same school and hear a fair bit from the guys who are still close mates with him. Obviously I'll never know what was going through dustins head when they started bluing. But it can only be a good thing if he is pulling young blokes up on the mistakes they make. In time he will learn to do it the right way

Me too, I used to know the kid fairly well, drove him home from school a few times. I know a few of his mates too.

Quick bit of advice, be careful what and how much you share, sometimes personal things between mates don't need to be shared publicly, or things you hear from his mates and whatnot.

This particular instance isn't a big issue, but you get the point I'm making.

Maybe Arnott has the type of personality that needs a smack in the chops everynow and then.

It is a combatant sport. This stuff needs to happen. Should Dusty write him and email next time ? I think not , he should hit him harder.

Dusty should be encouraging the new kids, not "letting his feelings be known." Everyone makes mistakes and it was only 12 months ago that he was under heat for coming back unfit. Poor form by Dusty. Just worsens my fears.

Cmon Ize, your normally a good poster but your continual banging on about Dusty's supposed attitude problems has very little to no substance at all.

Good stuff if true. :thumbsu: Good to see some passion and lessons dealt out the old fashioned way - the way Footy clubs have operated for 100 years.

Though I'm glad I don't get belted every time I fall asleep in a meeting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back