News Interchange cap: AFL confirms 120 per game

Remove this Banner Ad

With the 120 cap coming in, Matt Leuenberger of BL came out and said that this would likely effect ruckman the most and he could see the need for the 2nd ruck man in a side coming back into vogue.

Based on this theory, does it effect our list going forward.
Can we afford to lose Westy? Does Blitz become a certain upgrade now to prevent his potential poaching?

Does it mean a shift more towards the death of the pure ruck man with side opting for 2 more mobile ruck / forward types?

If Mods feel this hase been covered then delete it but I thought ML 's comments were interesting...

Go Catters

As others said in the other thread our list is probably one of the best equipped at this stage to handle the cap, consequently I don't think much changes going forward.

haven't we been making two rucks work all year? the average is already 130 per game, so not a drastic change? if they made it 80 that's a real change...

Can only make our list better.

Suddenly Mark Blicavs looks like an even better recruit :)

It will definitely be a big change for the game. But all clubs have a football department more than equipped to make a game plan that fits with the interchange cap. I don't have a huge problem with it, personally I would have just left it as is but of all the rule changes from the last couple of years this is the one that has bothered me the least.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Interchange cap: AFL confirms 120 per game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back