International broadcast rights: we have a winner

Remove this Banner Ad

just did the registration for NAB cup....

then did the $$ for the season... it is 130 USD - its 120 AUD - and the exchange gets you.

And you have to pay via Paypal... no CC option

It is good till 31/12/13.

Streaming on wifi signal here on macbook pro and it seems fine...

Proof will be when everyone OS tunes in to see their team.. then it gets interesting....

Im still expecting a month of regular season hell before it settles down..
And if the AFL radio streaming is anything to go by, we are in for a world of hurt.....

Go Catters

You can pay by CC which I did.

After you get Paypal on the screen click the next screen and you can use your CC.

I really want to find a workaround.

Christ, if this was available in Australia I'd be willing to pay substantially more that $120. That's a very reasonable price.

I really want to find a workaround.

Christ, if this was available in Australia I'd be willing to pay substantially more that $120. That's a very reasonable price.

TOR should do it for you or a proxy.
I'm contemplating going the TOR route

For those of us still living under the arcane regime of limited data usage, does anyone know how many MB a game is to download?

Also is there anyway that this can be streamed through Apple TV?
It works through Apple TV. I can't see myself getting out of bed before 2PM on a Saturday

I just had an issue with the local time settings and emailed them and got a response back within 10 minutes.
btw there was no problem with the local time settings I just had to put my location in the "settings" section then it worked fine. Looks like Im getting up early this weekend!

Quick note for those with slower connections who might not have figured it out...

If you pause the replay it will continue downloading in the background - unlike the old service.
If you're having speed issues, just pause it for a few minutes and let it buffer.

Overall impression so far is that this is an improvement on last year.

For those of us still living under the arcane regime of limited data usage, does anyone know how many MB a game is to download?

I just downloaded the first quarter of the GF.

High Quality: 261 MB so ~ 520MB per hour
Med Quality 164 so ~ 330MB per hour.

I actually hope they increase the bit rate a bit as it's not great quality. Even in HQ(at an impressive 1280 x 720 resolution) the ball still goes missing in the pixelation when the camera is zoomed out.

Checked in to see how well it works tonight. Hopeless.

Let it buffer for 60 seconds - it only ran for 15 seconds. Not watchable, far worse that the previous service when that was at its worst. Hope it improves quickly.

Really terrible at the moment and it's 5 minutes before the first bounce. I'm in Canada with a fast connection that let's me stream movies in HD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, I've finally had 10 seconds of uninterrupted streaming on the lowest quality.

...and it's frozen again.

Hmmm mine is fantastic! I would say I am on an average connection... I'm in spain.

I am in Singapore with a 100mb fibre connection and it is streaming fantastic, the picture quality is very good.

Only downside, I tried it on my android tv and it says its not available in my region. Have to watch on my 23in computer monitor.

Hey guys this is sill but maybe when you comment you can leave your country that way if we see there is a cluster of users in the USA not getting a good connection, you can be all like hey everyone else in the USA is getting shitty results when you email them? Dunno?

Impressive quality for a stream. France.

My only comment would be that the background crowd sound is suffering through it being broadcast in mono. Sure, they need to reduce data, and I'd rather a quality image, but it's less than ideal. They're obviously just working with a made-for-TV mix.

Impressive quality for a stream. France.

My only comment would be that the background crowd sound is suffering through it being broadcast in mono. Sure, they need to reduce data, and I'd rather a quality image, but it's less than ideal. They're obviously just working with a made-for-TV mix.

You could try streaming radio instead of the audio, not sure if you can do it with sen but if you can get it to be played through VLC you can set it to sync correctly with the video\

got a bit of buffering early (here in LA) but then it was solid..

game 2 start with about 10 more buffering then it settled..

Is the AFL webiste doing streaming audio or is the local radio station site for NAB then back to AFL for realstuff..

want to see what delay AFL video streaming is really running.... there is no radio icon i can see in game day page....

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

International broadcast rights: we have a winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back