Intraclub Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Cousins Stars in Intraclub

We are certainties for the flag - best players all Tiges...

Pleased to hear of Gilligan, Polo and Raines.

When I was down at the clubrooms before the Cousins drafting (more of a social experience and yes I have teeth), Raines was the last one out (at 9pm and was still sweating). Hope he comes good again

Clearly we need to lobby the AFL: to increase bench sizes to 10 as otherwise we have no hope of fitting all these utter superstars in

How was Jackson? What role?

Patto played forward and took a screamer of a contested mark over Jack, Moore and Schulz. And converted.[/quote]

:eek: Let's hope he's grown contested marking skills that continue to develop.

The dark bloke wearing 18 for the white team - is that the tennis player who's been training with us?

Probably one of the AIS academy players we have training with us. I know Maverick Weller, a young kid from Burnie has been training with us recently but he wouldnt be the man you're talking about.

Cousins impressed from the start, setting up a shot at goal early in the match before stepping up a gear in the second term.

I had to read this sentence a couple of times, my head read it like this

Cousins impressed from the start, setting up a shot at goal early in the match before stepping up the gear in the second term.

I had to double take a couple of times.

mind my spelling and grammer.

was at the whole game.

Richo - another huge year for him looked very good in the first quarter

nathan brown looked very shape and quick - big year

hughes got into the game 3rd and 4th quarters played really well and took some nice marks

rains looks back to his best, taking on players with confidence.

deledio is set for a big 1 also looks very good took a screamer over a pack of 4 blokes.

COUSINS - got better as the game went on, started like he needed a grease up but his disposal and clean hands made him stand out, second half he put the afterburners on and looked like his brownlow days.

give this bloke another 3 or 4 hitouts and he will be ready to rumble.

Alroy Gilligan - reminded me to rioli the way this kid moves, one point he took on 5 players dished it off got it back and kicked a nice goal looks good.

foley - same old self, ran hard all game and disposal was very clean looks good to go.

polak was quiet early but then got stuck into it. went in hard and looks to be coming on good.

daniel jackson - did some nice things, looks very fit and ran hard

dean polo stood out for me did everything well and ran hard all game.

coughlan didnt even notice him playing to be honest long way to go

matty white was solid and ran the lines hard looks good also

posty is gonna be our next richo without a doubt strong hands works hard and ticked all the boxes

as for the rest - the usual

still a very long way to go but signs are good and no injures to date from the game either which was a good thing.

:thumbsu:

forgot to mention the blondi nexto me was a stand out too :p

Would anyone dispute that selecting JON at pick it is possibly worse than missing out on buddy? I think it could be.

No dispute from me.

Read the summary of the match on www.news.com.au where they mention the dropped mark by JON right in front of the coaches.

how much more evidence do they need?

can't believe more hasn't been made of Raines, who I thought was outstanding, prticularly early.

Raines was super impresive for mine and appeared to make better decisoins than in the past
Absolutely. Kicking seemed back to its 2006 level too. He'll play for sure.
On Polo he definitely got better as the game went on, when it was more a battle of the b-graders.
Nahas, as reported above, is very lively in the forward line. Actually looks like he's put on a bit of weight. As I said, we like him. Agree on Giligan too. At least one of these guys should answer our prayers up forward. Nahas has the defensive side that Giligan may currently lack.

Also saw Rodney Eade there along with Brendan Fevola and Brett Ratten having a sticky beak.

Was very amusing watching Richo do his block after screaming for the ball a few times only to be denied. It's so beautiful to watch :)

Some one posted this on another forum,I thought it was pretty good, but I want more LOL

BEN COUSINS - played on a wing before being whisked away in a car at halftime. Started slowly but dominated the second quarter showing some real pace and skill. Hasn't lost anything.
MARK COUGHLAN - played in the centre square all day and took a while to warm up but did some nice work in close as the game wore on. Looks a bit rusty but got through OK (at least until I left)
SHANE EDWARDS - Super impressive playing through the middle of the ground, even after swapping sides at quarter-time. Could be ready to graduate to a midfield role this season.
ALEX RANCE - A unit. Will play this year for sure as a key backman.
ANDREW RAINES - back to his old self, showing plenty of dash out of defence.
BRETT DELEDIO - uncharacteristically missed a couple of targets but looked a class above everyone else. Had a clone wearing No.3 for the other side - must have been his older brother Matt who has been signed by Coburg. He moves exactly like his brother and did a couple of nice things himself.
TYRONE VICKERY - Played in stints in the ruck and looked very raw, but not out of place.
JAYDEN POST - Took one great mark and slotted a couple of goals as a forward. Looks a likely prospect.
NATHAN FOLEY - Played like a man possessed in the first half before fading a little. Took on everyone running through the middle and looks determined to make up for a disappointing 2008.
ADAM THOMSON - Got his hands on the ball a fair bit and could be a handy pick-up.
TOM HISLOP - Kicked a goal early but didn't see much of him after that.
ROBIN NAHAS - Our first pick in the rookie draft was very lively as a small half-forward type. One to watch.
ANDREW COLLINS - Played in the centre for most of the game and worked his way into it well. Had an excellent third quarter. Still looks like a 14yo kid.
CLEVE HUGHES - Has gone the buzz cut. Not a good look, Cleve. Kicked a nice goal though.
RICHO - Played only one quarter but managed to put on his usual show. He started on a wing against Deal Polo and drifted into the forward line to take a couple of classic pack marks. Made a meal of one shot at goal in close then slotted one from 45m out on the boundary. You gotta love him.

Anyone else who was at the game - feel free to add your comments (especially about the last quarter!). Also I saw Jay Shulz hobble off in the third term but no idea if it's anything serious

EDIT: If you copy a report from someone else, please paste the link. Cheers, PHX.

Jackson played through the midfield from what I could see of him, was unsure of what to do as he always has been and made a few mistakes.
Do not think he is in our best 22 unless he plays as a tagger

I just got back from the game.
Nahas should play round 1, find a way to put him on the senior list, exactly the player we have been looking for in the forward line, is brave and puts his head over the ball, chases and tackles, do not let his small frame fool you;)
Just knows how to get the ball through the goals.

Pettifer and Polak to the LTI.

Nahas promoted to the senior list for either. :thumbsu:

Jackson played through the midfield from what I could see of him, was unsure of what to do as he always has been and made a few mistakes.
Do not think he is in our best 22 unless he plays as a tagger

Good thing that's his job then.

mind my spelling and grammer.
COUSINS - got better as the game went on, started like he needed a grease up but his disposal and clean hands made him stand out, second half he put the afterburners on and looked like his brownlow days.

You were going so well until that....

Cousins pulled up stumps and return to Punt Road at half time, making his second half...well.... a figment of your imagination. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BRETT DELEDIO - uncharacteristically missed a couple of targets but looked a class above everyone else. Had a clone wearing No.3 for the other side - must have been his older brother Matt who has been signed by Coburg. He moves exactly like his brother and did a couple of nice things himself.
Ah, that's who that was. First glance I thought '****, Cotchin's playing'. Not bad.

ADAM THOMSON - Got his hands on the ball a fair bit and could be a handy pick-up.
Which one was he?

think he meant in the second quarter
but yeh was a good game
second half dragged on a bit as the richmond listed players left
like the look of hislop and thompson both did good things
hislop good overhead for a small man. took a good mark and converted
raines looked good.
jon tried hard.
cuz a bit rusty but once he gets some more fitness will be a good get
lids and foley all class

Good thing that's his job then.
It remains to be seen if he can actually perform the role.

I have my doubts on him as a footballer, but can not fault his work ethic

It remains to be seen if he can actually perform the role.

I have my doubts on him as a footballer, but can not fault his work ethic

Hopefully he fits into the same type of role as Ling. He isn't known for his impeccable footy skills either.

Glad you guys picked up Nahas and happy he looked good today. Was great in the VFL all season last year (except for a pretty ordinary GF) and certainly my favourite non-Bullant VFL player. Likely to get a run outside NAB Cup? Not too familiar with the depth of your small forwards...

Anyone who was there, Ratts look nervous? Kidding.

i thought Cogs played well

id have to say my top 5 for today were

Raines
Foley
King
Edwards
Rance

and special mentions to putt took some good grabs

Hey guys does anybody know who number 3 was for the white team??
he looked super impressive!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Intraclub Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back