Invasion Day activities on the 26th of Jan- Post yours here

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgusting that people can celebrate this.

It is a day of mourning.

If it was a day of mourning it certainly would not be a public holiday.

It's a time to celebrate being a true blue dinky di Aussie!

Get out your floppy hats with corks to avoid the mozzies
Put on your sun screen
Inflate your inflateable pools and drink some beers

If it was a day of mourning it certainly would not be a public holiday.

It's a time to celebrate being a true blue dinky di Aussie!

Get out your floppy hats with corks to avoid the mozzies
Put on your sun screen
Inflate your inflateable pools and drink some beers

It's only been a nation wide public holiday since 1994.

It's only been a nation wide public holiday since 1994.

And what a glorious decision that was. We don't need a public holiday to celebrate being Australian, we celebrate all things Australia on a daily basis. However the public holiday is greatly accepted and should never be taken away.

I’ll be watching the local hoons getting blind drunk while they chant “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - Oi, oi, oi”.

I wish they’d all crawl into a hole and die and take their Union Jacks (sorry, I meant Austrayan flags) with them.

Before you say it - up yours too, you stupid, ignorant yobbo b*stards.

I’ll be watching the local hoons getting blind drunk while they chant “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - Oi, oi, oi”.

I wish they’d all crawl into a hole and die and take their Union Jacks (sorry, I meant Austrayan flags) with them.

Before you say it - up yours too, you stupid, ignorant yobbo b*stards.
Wish someone would die because they have a different opinion? Wow, so much classier than the yobbos you think you're classier than.

Ocean Grove Fish n chips best in the state.
Korean girls and boys all flat chested,and that's a fact.
Best bogan drinking day of the year and all of Geelong population are invested.

Good luck to all koorie folk fearing for safety
You’ve obviously never had any from the outlet in Hesse Street, Queenscliff. To die for I guarantee you 😋

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the racists who are divisive.

Lol Postcodes is one of the least racist poster's on the bay

You really a piss poor judge of character.

You treated dear lovable Feraligatr like she was Eva Braun reincarnated.

Maybe just maybe you are the problem Socrates, with your petty and factually incorrect stereotype and assements about people/posters.

Disgusting that people can celebrate this.

It is a day of mourning.

You just need to listen to First Nations people talk about million years connection to land to understand it is a day of mourning.

Lucky buggers they are for having this connection to land. I am white and do not get the privilege of such connection to my native land. For that all us white folk are mourning and should be paid reparations.

You want connection to the land? Head down to the beach on Australia day, dig a big hole and get your white relies to fill it in for you.

1705905439229.png

You want connection to the land? Head down to the beach on Australia day, dig a big hole and get your white relies to fill it in for you.

View attachment 1890702
Unfortunately my rellies all got separated when some got forced out here but others didn't. Must be nice to have all your rellies here. Further First Nations privilege.

View attachment 1890702

What if none of your (pre birth rellies) was born in Australia? My father was an orphan from Vienna and my Mother migrated here from Lebanon in the 60s ?

I have no heritage or blood ties to Australia esp the bloody Windsor Family and the Poms.

I am grateful to be living in the best, most safe and liveable nation in the world aka the lucky country, yet I feel so much sorrow, pain, empathy and compassion for our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters.

Wanting the date changed (from my perspective) is nothing at all to do with 'hating Australia or trying to be diversive' , it's about doing the right thing and trying to give the first/native Australians some kind of closure and or solace for the genocide, land stealing and overall cultural misappropriation of their people over the centuries.

What if none of your (pre birth rellies) was born in Australia? My father was an orphan from Vienna and my Mother migrated here from Lebanon in the 60s ?

I have no heritage or blood ties to Australia esp the bloody Windsor Family and the Poms.

I am grateful to be living in the best, most safe and liveable nation in the world aka the lucky country, yet I feel so much sorrow, pain, empathy and compassion for our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters.

Wanting the date changed (from my perspective) is nothing at all to do with 'hating Australia or trying to be diversive' , it's about doing the right thing and trying to give the first/native Australians some kind of closure and or solace for the genocide, land stealing and overall cultural misappropriation of their people over the centuries.

I couldn't really care less about what day is Australia day, but it still needs to be a date of significance. What I do have a big issue with is today's society trying to control the narrative on what we should and shouldn't do. This is the same as those who complain that sport shouldn't take sponsorship money from Woodside for example, or people telling me I shouldn't eat meat.

To me this has nothing to do with hate but more about being able to just live life. My family is multicultural, I have English, I have European, and my aunty is 100% indigenous from the Whadjuk Noongar people and you would be very surprised with what she tells me, her take on this issue and that's the opinion that matters most to me. Not some do good white person in the media trying to tell me what we should be doing who has no history on the topic at all but merely does it to make themselves look better.

The major problems in the world are from either politics or religion and frankly they can both go get stuffed.

Yes it's that time of year again.
Do you flogs really only get seven public holidays a year?
No wonder you go overboard on AD and stagger around blind drunk wearing your flag as a cape.
Some changes need to be made here:
First of all, that flag.
Get rid of that rubbish in the top corner
Add some yellow and green stripes along the bottom to represent the land
Keep the deep blue and the stars for the night sky, looks cool.

Second, the date.
This is obviously causing upset, so scrap that
You have no holidays at all from the end of April until Xmas, that's no good. So, what you need is a break later on in the year. Everyone should get a 3 day holiday allowance to use at the beginning of June. Celebrate Australia, take a little break with the family, do what you like. This would coincide with the bye rounds in the AFL fixture so people could go away for a few days without missing any football

More holidays, no January political drama. 🏆🏆🐔🍽️

Yes it's that time of year again.
Do you flogs really only get seven public holidays a year?
No wonder you go overboard on AD and stagger around blind drunk wearing your flag as a cape.
Some changes need to be made here:
First of all, that flag.
Get rid of that rubbish in the top corner
Add some yellow and green stripes along the bottom to represent the land
Keep the deep blue and the stars for the night sky, looks cool.

Second, the date.
This is obviously causing upset, so scrap that
You have no holidays at all from the end of April until Xmas, that's no good. So, what you need is a break later on in the year. Everyone should get a 3 day holiday allowance to use at the beginning of June. Celebrate Australia, take a little break with the family, do what you like. This would coincide with the bye rounds in the AFL fixture so people could go away for a few days without missing any football

More holidays, no January political drama. 🏆🏆🐔🍽️
Yes well said. That flag in our flag looks more ridiculous every year and it's not hard to change the date.
Grow up Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Invasion Day activities on the 26th of Jan- Post yours here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back