Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny campaigners. Mad dog means staring at someone with " angry " eyes.

Staring in an aggressive manner.
So you can't tell the difference between angry eyes and bedroom eyes?

Funny campaigners. Mad dog means staring at someone with " angry " eyes.

Staring in an aggressive manner.

I think you just need to relax a little in the gym and not let people get you so angry

Two flogs doing half assed embarrassing “shadow boxing” in the weights area mirrors then walking around together playing slap ass and doing lame ass stretching while talking at the top of their lungs about “techniques” and fights. Piss off to the combat section of the gym you cretins.

So you can't tell the difference between angry eyes and bedroom eyes?

How about Hungry eyes

Two flogs doing half assed embarrassing “shadow boxing” in the weights area mirrors then walking around together playing slap ass and doing lame ass stretching while talking at the top of their lungs about “techniques” and fights. Piss off to the combat section of the gym you cretins.

wtf?

Was a male reddie.....had no stripe
Was a big fat ****** too and he ran back under the C channel
I've gotta spray the block for weeds this weekend so will spray for bugs etc I think as well

did you ask it how much he squats?

Someone left a bar with 120kgs on it on the dead lift platform today.
The collars were off and you could see someone had tried to pull one of the 25kg plates off and given up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so much irritating but more confusing - the exercises people do at the gym. I saw a bloke do one set of leg press, then one set of bicep curls, then one set of calf raises, then one set of lat pulldown etc. And then he'll come back to the leg press and repeat the process over again. Most of the people at my gym do the standard 3 or 4 sets of one exercise and then move to the next, but occasionally you'll get the ones who want to give everything a go.

Also, he would've done 20+ reps on the leg press but the stack was only moving about 10-20cm and he just kept rocking it back and forth whilst on his phone. Same for the calf raises. I know I shouldn't get hung up about what others do but it's a bit distracting when you hear a stack 20kg plates clanging together as they go up and down for 20+ reps. It's fascinating to wonder what their reasoning or motivation is for not doing the full range of motion of an exercise.

It's fascinating to wonder what their reasoning or motivation is for not doing the full range of motion of an exercise.
98% of the time - ego.

I still find dudes who feel the need to just try and lift the weight you just finished with in spite of clearly not being able to the funniest.

*Me unracking*
Other Dude - "oh leave that on man, I'm gonna warm up with that"
Me - "No problem man"
Other Dude - *literally cant get it off the bar*

Why? I'm not in competition at the gym with anyone but myself.

I still find dudes who feel the need to just try and lift the weight you just finished with in spite of clearly not being able to the funniest.

*Me unracking*
Other Dude - "oh leave that on man, I'm gonna warm up with that"
Me - "No problem man"
Other Dude - *literally cant get it off the bar*

Why? I'm not in competition at the gym with anyone but myself.

ego.

Oh absolutely. Still funny to see. I am extremely competitive, always have been, but I'm also aware that there are at least 30 blokes and probably a handful of women at my gym who have my measure on any exercise there is, except maybe skipping, not too many people still skip for cardio.

Oh absolutely. Still funny to see. I am extremely competitive, always have been, but I'm also aware that there are at least 30 blokes and probably a handful of women at my gym who have my measure on any exercise there is, except maybe skipping, not too many people still skip for cardio.

I think that's a great attitude to have. I mean, however good you think you are, there's always someone better (and worse).

As Sam Newman says, if you think you're better than everyone chances are you're not

They banned skipping at my gym after someone took out a sprinkler head. My gym is on an old commercial office space so the ceiling high is only 3m

I hate people who "need" a certain station, I am happy to substitute as long as its hitting the same muscle group, bar/dumbell/cable/bodyweight, there is always an option.
I had a teenager interupt me after my first set the other day asking how many I had left for benchpress, when I pointed out there were three simmilar and free bench setups he said he wanted this one! I took extra long recovery between sets and added an extra one that day.

Just saw a ripper - bloke walks past the vacant bench press station, drags a bench into the squat rack and starts benching in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back