Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for Dumbells in the wrong section. I spent 5 mins looking for the 18's last night to find they were where the 40kg are meant to be, and there were 24s or something in the 12 or 14kg section...

Not sure if its been said or not, but when people are excessively loud. Even when it hurts, I still manage to keep it to a small grunt.

Suppose it's like Sharapova in tennis....annoying!

Don't remember.

Yes but 6 people wearing a hat inside after dark at a gym with about 15 people in it. I don't have a problem with them wearing hats but it was a wtf moment - how often do you see one guy in a gym wearing a hat after dark let alone six of them at a time. Theres a word for it I can't think of right now, where something perfectly normal is put into a different scenario and its weird.

anachronism? (though that's usually to do with something outside of its time era)

Idiots who come in during unstaffed hours and run amuck around the joint like it's a playground :mad: And then spend 10 minutes comparing each others abs in the huge wall long mirror while your using one of the exercise tables.

Idiots who come in during unstaffed hours and run amuck around the joint like it's a playground :mad: And then spend 10 minutes comparing each others abs in the huge wall long mirror while your using one of the exercise tables.

Idiots who go to unstaffed gyms without a decent barbell...

Having just joined my first gym after being a home gym guy for ~6years a few things that irritate me are 1. The arrogance/aggressive vibe some guys seem to exude trying to be the "alpha male"
2. Starers, I do lots of pilates inspired & power movements, and I often pull a few dance moves in the gym. People think I'm strange!
3. The people who use the gym only for the cardio gear?? ever heard of the outdoors!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. The people who use the gym only for the cardio gear?? ever heard of the outdoors!

interesting.

do they only use the gym for cardio purposes, or do they also use the weights, pool, sauna, courts etc?

i guess some people find running on pavement a bit hard on the knees etc.

I found treadmills a bit worse to be honest. I guess it comes down to the shoes as well.

yes, i used to tredmill it due to stress on feet/ankles/knees from concrete running.

then experienced pain on the 'mill.

now on x trainer, much nicer.

u r right, shoes have a massive say. was a big adidas/nike wearer in my younger, naive days. then got onto new balance and felt great. didnt give a stuff what others thought about branding. then the NBs wore out and moved to saucony. again, didnt/dont care what others thing/wear. if its comfy, its good.

i c pretty flashy gear in my local. as long as its working for them.

Having just joined my first gym after being a home gym guy for ~6years a few things that irritate me are 1. The arrogance/aggressive vibe some guys seem to exude trying to be the "alpha male"
2. Starers, I do lots of pilates inspired & power movements, and I often pull a few dance moves in the gym. People think I'm strange!

like this??

I found treadmills a bit worse to be honest. I guess it comes down to the shoes as well.
treadmills do alter your running mechanics, afterall, the stable surface is moving.

i was using the mill a bit over the last sydney summer because of la nina. it was raining every ****ing day that I wanted to go for a run. i usually run on grassed or bush trails.

i found that i got some increased leg speed benefits from ramping up the speed on treadmills. It taught me to minimise the amount of time i spent on my foot strike phase. but it's no replacement for real running.

some folks stomping on the mill also sound like a herd of elephants are running toward you. the amount of impact on their joints wouldn't have been light.

this was awkward.

so with school holidays on there were many students attending recently. also in attendance were quite a few female trainers out of their work uniform (ie in tight fitting revealing gym wear). one walked past a group of said lads. one of them started counting his push ups, something like 90, 91, 92.

rly?

this was awkward.

so with school holidays on there were many students attending recently. also in attendance were quite a few female trainers out of their work uniform (ie in tight fitting revealing gym wear). one walked past a group of said lads. one of them started counting his push ups, something like 90, 91, 92.

rly?

Did he look like this?

image_thumb20.png

standard complaint. two skinny bloke curling on the squat rack today...with only 5kg plates on each side :rolleyes: and they left their random dumbells scattered around the gym after each exercise. rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back