Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive seen some crossfitters spruiking silicone rings for working out in, cant say I understand that. If you cant wear your regular ring just take it off, why on earth would you put a silicon ring on just for workouts.

I’m pretty sure that’s their actual wedding/marriage ring (certainly know a few in this boat).

Correct.
It’s the ring(s) they presented each other on their wedding day.

Jesus... somehow that seems even weirder and sadder to me.

"with this weird rubber band I thee wed and do solemnly swear to love, honor and spot in thickness and in swole until PB's do us part"

*we get it you work out*

Jesus... somehow that seems even weirder and sadder to me.

"with this weird rubber band I thee wed and do solemnly swear to love, honor and spot in thickness and in swole until PB's do us part"

*we get it you work out*

Because they value their lifestyle over a trivial, overpriced piece of jewellery?
If you’re banking on the “quality” of your wedding ring to somehow dictate the quality of your marriage it’s fair to say you’re in strife.

This is probably an irritating out of Gym story - but when I visited my relatives in China they all banged on about how skinny I was, and meant it like a compliment.

Little did they know how negged I feel. I mean, sure my butt has deflated, but oh the pain.

This is probably an irritating out of Gym story - but when I visited my relatives in China they all banged on about how skinny I was, and meant it like a compliment.

Little did they know how negged I feel. I mean, sure my butt has deflated, but oh the pain.
Booty appreciation hasn’t spread to China then? Or for the fit look in general for women?

I use gloves on back day :(

They help grip with deadlifts, and also for me to not completely destroy my palms. I already get callouses through gloves, I would be rekt without.

Also they protect rings.

it's ok vonn, i dont think Leather Poisoning was being serious :)

I take my wedding ring off to go to the gym

mine stays home too, and when i travel.

:(

azns generally have flat arses, but in time (generations) asian bums will be more rounded. More and more asians moving to western countries and adopting different work out practices

Booty appreciation hasn’t spread to China then? Or for the fit look in general for women?

No - it's really, really backward in terms of health and fitness education there. For example - my partner is a relatively built dude, (but definitely not even on the extreme end), and they (some of my male asian relatives) don't think they can achieve his physique because 'asian bodies can't put on muscle'. #mindblown

Also they gave me 6 chocolate wafer bars a day (which obviously I didn't eat) because 'I was too skinny'. Guess I'll just die of diabetes instead!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No - it's really, really backward in terms of health and fitness education there. For example - my partner is a relatively built dude, (but definitely not even on the extreme end), and they (some of my male asian relatives) don't think they can achieve his physique because 'asian bodies can't put on muscle'. #mindblown

Also they gave me 6 chocolate wafer bars a day (which obviously I didn't eat) because 'I was too skinny'. Guess I'll just die of diabetes instead!

I am a classic example where this is flat out wrong.

* may or may not be true.

maxresdefault.jpg

azns generally have flat arses, but in time (generations) asian bums will be more rounded. More and more asians moving to western countries and adopting different work out practices

It's interesting, when I went in 20..11? I was considered a size L because I was 'tall and fat' (probably 56 kg, 5'4, nothing crazy). This time back the 'S' clothing enveloped me. I suspect that the population in general is getting both wealthier, and fatter.

It's interesting, when I went in 20..11? I was considered a size L because I was 'tall and fat' (probably 56 kg, 5'4, nothing crazy). This time back the 'S' clothing enveloped me. I suspect that the population in general is getting both wealthier, and fatter.

It's true. Its well documented that since Mao opened China to the world health issues such as diabetes has increased. I blame maccas and kfc. mmmmmm kfc.

Clothing sizes have changed everywhere. I'm 10kg heavier now at 44, then at 18 (lean rather than skinny shit, not fat put on) and at 18 and 6'1 I'd be in a large for shirt and pants, despite a skinny arse (literally and figuratively). Now I'm a medium and they aren't any tighter. Trying to fool people into thinking 'padding' is normal.

Clothing sizes have changed everywhere. I'm 10kg heavier now at 44, then at 18 (lean rather than skinny shit, not fat put on) and at 18 and 6'1 I'd be in a large for shirt and pants, despite a skinny arse (literally and figuratively). Now I'm a medium and they aren't any tighter. Trying to fool people into thinking 'padding' is normal.
sounds like US sizes vs Australian

the craziest thing about China is the explosion of Starbucks in a country where the majority of the population is lactose intolerant!

Not sure if you can call the ‘milk’ in Chinese Starbucks dairy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back