Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

First session back last night

took it well easy as I'd been eating my way through this last lockdown on the couch

stairs at home were a bit of a struggle afterwards, haven't died or fallen down them yet

**** I hate that.

HAAAAAAAAAAATE THAAAAAAT.

Ppl who jump on treadmills right next to me when all or most of the others are free, I want to turn to them and sarcastically say "why dont you just sit in my lap you ****ing freak".

/i know it doesnt make sense, we're standing, but you get the jist of it..

fu** I hate that.

HAAAAAAAAAAATE THAAAAAAT.

Ppl who jump on treadmills right next to me when all or most of the others are free, I want to turn to them and sarcastically say "why dont you just sit in my lap you ******* freak".

/i know it doesnt make sense, we're standing, but you get the jist of it..
I asked a gentleman in line at the supermarket once if hed feel more comfortable being inside my arseh*le.

He didnt take kindly to it.

had my first session last night at 7:30 normally that would be packed but it was more like being there middle of the day during the week

which is why the guy deciding to do jump pull ups right next to where I was squatting when there was plenty of room elsewhere to do them goes in this thread
Yeah, that's poor form. It's pretty easy to give people space most of the time

Yeah, that's poor form. It's pretty easy to give people space most of the time
i think he thought I'd invaded his space, he was doing a circuit where he had like 4 pieces of equipment in use, how I was supposed to know that he'd reserved that pull up bar on the rack when he was off somewhere else at the time I have no idea

the fact no one else was using the entire function rack area and he had other parts of it that were a few extra steps away that he could use.... I had enough time to walk over, setup the pins and bar etc and do some warm ups before he got to that part of his cirtcuit

i think he thought I'd invaded his space, he was doing a circuit where he had like 4 pieces of equipment in use, how I was supposed to know that he'd reserved that pull up bar on the rack when he was off somewhere else at the time I have no idea
Grinds my gears when people use multiple areas like that. Like HTF am I supposed to keep track of where they're working out.

Used to happen alot during the day, women doing some Kayla Itsines bikini challenge shit.

14 stations, 3 mats, 10 different sets of weights and lunges walking the length of the gym getting in everyones way. Never bothered me if the gym was dead but if its even the tiniest bit busy dont do it.

Grinds my gears when people use multiple areas like that. Like HTF am I supposed to keep track of where they're working out.
Yeah my very last sesh at Derrimut was like this

Some flog was off elsewhere doing something else at the time. I see a free flat bench (the only one left in the ****** joint, all 15 or whatever hogged by the brahs and it was 9pm on a Tuesday night)

I pick it up to drag it to the squat rack to bench out of and he comes running over and say nah man I need it for split squats, so I shake my head at him and storm off to the plate loaded machine area to do something while I'm still warm

LIKE FFS MAN YOU CAN PUT YOUR LEG ON BLOODY ANYTHING TO DO ****** SPLIT SQUATS ON, GRAB A STINKING BLOODY PLYO BOX TO DO THAT, PUT YOUR FOOT UP ON A RACK, LIKE ANYTHING NOT BEING USED :mad::mad::mad:

Still melty about this 4 months on

Yeah my very last sesh at Derrimut was like this

Some flog was off elsewhere doing something else at the time. I see a free flat bench (the only one left in the ****** joint, all 15 or whatever hogged by the brahs and it was 9pm on a Tuesday night)

I pick it up to drag it to the squat rack to bench out of and he comes running over and say nah man I need it for split squats, so I shake my head at him and storm off to the plate loaded machine area to do something while I'm still warm

LIKE FFS MAN YOU CAN PUT YOUR LEG ON BLOODY ANYTHING TO DO ****** SPLIT SQUATS ON, GRAB A STINKING BLOODY PLYO BOX TO DO THAT, PUT YOUR FOOT UP ON A RACK, LIKE ANYTHING NOT BEING USED :mad::mad::mad:

Still melty about this 4 months on

Word on the street is Derrimut kept banging peoples direct debit accounts this last lockdown. Shitty thing to do but according to my source the owner did announce to members that he was going to do it. It is the third gym I have heard of that did this, including my own.

I chuckled at the misfortune of the direct debit losers because I paid upfront, only to be told that this last lockdown, my membership was not suspended for the 3 months we were locked down.

The owner could see my blood start boiling and he gave zero ****s. "You can rant and rave all you want. You're not getting the extension, no one is. I know it's unfair. Can't afford it after all the lockdowns."

His attitude took all the oxygen out of my anger, and I stood there at reception, a defeated man. I had no fight left in me Pups. My dash had gone. Alls I wanted to do after 3 months of no gym was hug the chest press machine. Also, bit of karma coming back to bite me after giving phantom stick over his membership dramas.

Hopefully I will be myself again in a few weeks and raging on campaigners.

Anyway, back to Derrimut. One of the brahs went off tap when he checked his bank statement, chucked on his Derrimut hoodie, and smashed up the big one in Cazza Springs with a hammer.

Not sure how this is achieved in a 24 hour gym. Maybe it was done during lockdown?

Old mate at the servo reckons the damage bill was 6 figures.

Anyway, stop melting and go sign up again Pups. Cash money is desperately needed. Lamborghinis don't service themselves.

They are running a $199 pay upfront 12 month m'ship special.

Word on the street is Derrimut kept banging peoples direct debit accounts this last lockdown. Shitty thing to do but according to my source the owner did announce to members that he was going to do it. It is the third gym I have heard of that did this, including my own.

I chuckled at the misfortune of the direct debit losers because I paid upfront, only to be told that this last lockdown, my membership was not suspended for the 3 months we were locked down.

The owner could see my blood start boiling and he gave zero fu**s. "You can rant and rave all you want. You're not getting the extension, no one is. I know it's unfair. Can't afford it after all the lockdowns."

His attitude took all the oxygen out of my anger, and I stood there at reception, a defeated man. I had no fight left in me Pups. My dash had gone. Alls I wanted to do after 3 months of no gym was hug the chest press machine. Also, bit of karma coming back to bite me after giving phantom stick over his membership dramas.

Anyway, back to Derrimut. One of the brahs went off tap when he checked his bank statement, chucked on his Derrimut hoodie, and smashed up the big one in Cazza Springs with a hammer.

Not sure how this is achieved in a 24 hour gym. Maybe it was done during lockdown?

Anyway, stop melting and go sign up again Pups. Cash money is desperately needed. Lamborghinis don't service themselves.

Should have stabbed him.

In all seriousness my Vcat case is next month and the ******** gym owner hasn’t responded to a single piece of the correspondence. Scumbags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry i laugh.. more laughing at the gym who wont cough up a couple hundreds of bucks
I’m pretty convinced they were convinced I’d just give up.

Two seperate asic searches and registered post bags later.

They’ll pay for all of it, campaigners.

The owner could see my blood start boiling and he gave zero fu**s. "You can rant and rave all you want. You're not getting the extension, no one is. I know it's unfair. Can't afford it after all the lockdowns."

I actually paid for a $5 casual that particular night, terminated my deal about a year ago once we opened back up in November for the summer, went in for casuals about half a dozen times first half of the year with that particular night the last time I went in before lockdown (though could be last time forever now)

For $200 I can buy a couple more plates, or a couple of extra dumbbells

Could get lucky and snag something decent off Gumtree though, found a 12 pronged fully welded commercial grade weight storage tree a few weeks ago for $150 which I gladly snapped up as I was in the market for one, reckon it'd have been $400-500 new. If I didn't get that would've been a $240-250 6 pronged tree with a couple of barbell holders (not enough barbell holders anyway once I get in all the bars I want eventually over next few years, will just get a seperate one), so pretty happy on that score.

I’m pretty convinced they were convinced I’d just give up.

Two seperate asic searches and registered post bags later.

They’ll pay for all of it, campaigners.
Keep the barstards honest m8!!!

My gym has one PT in the mornings - guess who was the only person I saw this morning not putting weights away or wiping down equipment?
He snuck in three bench press sets between clients.

My gym has one PT in the mornings - guess who was the only person I saw this morning not putting weights away or wiping down equipment?
He snuck in three bench press sets between clients.
my experience with PTs in gyms is that 90% of them are the worst for following the rules, they think it's their gym

They are also the first to claim multiple sets of equipment for their clients stupid circuit at peak times.
Yeah they take over half the gym for group training sessions

prior to covid they were doing that later and later into the evening too

my experience with PTs in gyms is that 90% of them are the worst for following the rules, they think it's their gym
In my old pre-lockdown gym the PTs were really good.
It's just this one guy. Never stops talking either, if he's alone he'll call someone as well. Shut up dude, nobody want to hear you yammerring constantly

In my old pre-lockdown gym the PTs were really good.
It's just this one guy. Never stops talking either, if he's alone he'll call someone as well. Shut up dude, nobody want to hear you yammerring constantly
People on the phone in the gym.

In between jobs when id go mid morning/mid afternoon mums on the incumbent bike or tready on the phone... Jesus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back