Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

first couple sessions back after not training for 6 months - dealing with the absolute worst DOMS.

anyone have any strategy's to reduce the associated pain?

first couple sessions back after not training for 6 months - dealing with the absolute worst DOMS.

anyone have any strategy's to reduce the associated pain?
Ice bath😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 hahaha what works for me is keeping hydrated, foam rolling, keeping active to get blood flow.

I've hit the foam roller hard - went lighter & higher rep for the first few sessions back, but did still get terrible DOMS in my hamstrings/inner thighs from the first squat session a day after a deadlift session.

Loving my new gym though, and the 24 hours is a bonus too - fit in an extra 30 minute session last night when I had extra time at night.

Session 4 last night - one guy not wiping any equipment down, then worked out topless in one area too.
He did have abs but he seriously wasn't exactly the physique to be getting the rig out, especially in a gym setting.

Not wiping down used to seriously piss me off back in the day. Hated using MY towel to get rid of some other scumbag's secretions.

Hey, is it still a thing where if you stack a machine you're allowed to leave the pin in the bottom? Etiquette used to be remove the pin and leave it up top for the next person unless you stacked it, does anyone do it any more?

Session 4 last night - one guy not wiping any equipment down, then worked out topless in one area too.
He did have abs but he seriously wasn't exactly the physique to be getting the rig out, especially in a gym setting.
Again... couldnt imagine going shirtless at a commercial gym but by god if youre going to you HAVE to be wiping down.

Obviously you should always lay your towel down and wipe down but thats increased if you dont have a shirt absorbing SOME of your sweat.

I've hit the foam roller hard - went lighter & higher rep for the first few sessions back, but did still get terrible DOMS in my hamstrings/inner thighs from the first squat session a day after a deadlift session.

Loving my new gym though, and the 24 hours is a bonus too - fit in an extra 30 minute session last night when I had extra time at night.
How's the lower back cope with a short turnaround?

Least amount of time I have rest between back/leg splits is around 40-48 hours and even then I don't feel 100% most of the time, prefer to stretch it out around 60-96 hours

If anyone watches Robert Frank on YouTube, apparently at some gyms he used to train at you had to have weighed at least 220lbs to be allowed to walk around in a singlet/tank top letting the guns out, let alone training shirtless. If not, then you had to always cover up and train in a hoodie or something.

Poor bugger has Crohns disease or something similar now :(

If anyone watches Robert Frank on YouTube, apparently at some gyms he used to train at you had to have weighed at least 220lbs to be allowed to walk around in a singlet/tank top letting the guns out, let alone training shirtless. If not, then you had to always cover up and train in a hoodie or something.

Poor bugger has Crohns disease or something similar now :(
I’ve got that covered, just.

How's the lower back cope with a short turnaround?

Least amount of time I have rest between back/leg splits is around 40-48 hours and even then I don't feel 100% most of the time, prefer to stretch it out around 60-96 hours
It's not too bad, my previous workouts were a basic upper/lower - heavy/light spread out Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday mornings so it's just about working up to my old routine. Never noticed lower back fatigue with squatting the day after deadlifts but I do have a shorter torso so there may be a bio mechanical reason for that (I do squat a fair bit less weight than deadlift).

I'd often just do chest & back on the Monday and only work arms if I got extra time, the Wednesday night quick sesh of shoulders and arms so that seems a decent go-to when time allows as well.

What suppliers you preorder from?

I've only done preorders through Commercial Fitness since I started my home gym setup, everything else I got was available at time of purchase.

Had a look at Iron Edges reviews as I might buy a barbell or 2 from them eventually, nearly all their negative reviews was being fluffed about for weeks/months on preorders

I went with Verve.

Iron Edge are the premium brand in Aus, along with Rogue. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not wiping down used to seriously piss me off back in the day. Hated using MY towel to get rid of some other scumbag's secretions.

Hey, is it still a thing where if you stack a machine you're allowed to leave the pin in the bottom? Etiquette used to be remove the pin and leave it up top for the next person unless you stacked it, does anyone do it any more?

Bahaha disgusting.

Has there ever been etiquette for a pin-loaded machine? Lol

Bahaha disgusting.

Has there ever been etiquette for a pin-loaded machine? Lol
Depends on the grips. If its a bar I wipe it down, and the padded bits on the lat pull down machine

The morning gym goers tend to be far better at wiping things down and putting weights away than the nighttime crew.

Depends on the grips. If its a bar I wipe it down, and the padded bits on the lat pull down machine

The morning gym goers tend to be far better at wiping things down and putting weights away than the nighttime crew.

The morning crew mean business; they're there to get shit done.

Night time crew is all like "gonna hit the gym after work, Bro. Get some mad selfies for the Gram.."

Can you fold that part away?? Srs???

Yeh, ill see if i can find a video later. Ive genuinely never seen one where you couldnt fold it away.
The morning crew mean business; they're there to get sh*t done.

Night time crew is all like "gonna hit the gym after work, Bro. Get some mad selfies for the Gram.."
Hmmm... I was all business but later at night. Like 8-9pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back