Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

I won't be able to hit it hard but at least get myself moving a bit, throw some kettlebells around etc. Won't do my usual shadowboxing warmup, I'd feel like an absolute w***er ha ha
I skipped leg day on Saturday, because I slept very poorly and had personal issues that I was dealing with.

On Saturday evening, I felt guilty and begrudgingly pushed myself to the gym on Sunday. Even after warming up and doing a couple of sets, I wanted to leave, but I persevered.

Long story short, I stayed but reduced my workout by a few sets and at the end, I was glad I went. It definitely was the hardest workout I had done in the past year, but it helped me a lot me physically and mentally.

At the end of the day, just doing something is better than nothing at all. :rainbow:

It's quite spacious for a hotel gym, it's a Novotel so it's not elite but good enough.

I won't be able to hit it hard but at least get myself moving a bit, throw some kettlebells around etc. Won't do my usual shadowboxing warmup, I'd feel like an absolute w***er ha ha
Nah do, cut off hoodie and wraps on for full effect along with some healthy OUSS, OUSS action.

In this scenario, you can always have a light workout or a deload week instead of trying to hit a hotel gym hard. :thumbsu:

Whenever I'm travelling for work I treat it as a recovery week, takes a lot of the mental stress out of trying to hit the appropriate session or numbers or whatever, still leaves room to do <something>.

Always assumed youd face the window for the view... Never considered the safety aspect.
That goes for all cardio equipment. Also that is a horrible set-up for a gym. Multiple breaches of safety.

My gym is at the local swimming pools. Get a lot of retiree oldies there everyday running through their routine. One particular women about 50 years old spends her sessions charging through the gym with an alpha demeanour. She'll take up two stations at once, then proceed to talk to her cronies for ten minutes, then the local staff, then do a set, alternate to the other machine and rinse and repeat. By the time I've finished my standard hour session she's done about 2 exercises. Obviously her "workouts" are a big part of her social life.

My gym is at the local swimming pools. Get a lot of retiree oldies there everyday running through their routine. One particular women about 50 years old spends her sessions charging through the gym with an alpha demeanour. She'll take up two stations at once, then proceed to talk to her cronies for ten minutes, then the local staff, then do a set, alternate to the other machine and rinse and repeat. By the time I've finished my standard hour session she's done about 2 exercises. Obviously her "workouts" are a big part of her social life.
We have a few those at my gym too. What I struggle to comprehend, is that its always the same people that chat for up to 10minutes at a time and yet come in early to the gym during peak hour around 6-7am. Obviously using it as a social outlet. At that time of the day, I would rather either be more productive or even just sleep longer, than to waste it on some random person at the gym.

We have a few those at my gym too. What I struggle to comprehend, is that its always the same people that chat for up to 10minutes at a time and yet come in early to the gym during peak hour around 6-7am. Obviously using it as a social outlet. At that time of the day, I would rather either be more productive or even just sleep longer, than to waste it on some random person at the gym.
How come you're not in the punting board any more? Given up the degeneracy?

"Hi. I guess it's jaw day again, huh?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke I train with has lost weight recently, another bloke started telling him he needs to eat more protein to bulk up, I suggested it depends on what his goals are. Same bloke has told me I should be hitting the weights to bulk up, far out not everyone wants to look like Lesnar!
Fedor would beat Brock anyway so you've got it right

Just quietly I’m spewing that one never happened, pretty sure it could have happened when Fedor had the 0 and Lesnar beat Carwin, not sure if I have the dates lined up. But yeah Fedor by first round KO!
There were no real Pride contracts when UFC bought them (Rampage spoke about it on the JRE ep recently as he went to WFA instead of UFC) and Fedor had deals with M1 so they needed to pay more. I think they should have made it happen too though. They're tightarses and made billions though so what do we know lol

Took three days after feeling unwell all day Sunday, truth be told, I could have pushed (no pun intended) myself to go on Monday, but decided to skip a PPL cycle this week and rest. First "rest" I have taken since March. :rainbow:
You're just listening to your body. It's fine. Something, in hindsight, I wished I did more often.

You're just listening to your body. It's fine. Something, in hindsight, I wished I did more often.
Oh definitely Im very well aware of this I did listen, there was little resistance or guilt on my part when I didnt go in for the first three days of this week.:rainbow:

Today, I felt great, workout was good. :thumbsu:

Its a certainty if I trained on Monday I would have been heavily fatigued not to mention the potential for injury, given I was all day in bed on Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back