Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Took three days after feeling unwell all day Sunday, truth be told, I could have pushed (no pun intended) myself to go on Monday, but decided to skip a PPL cycle this week and rest. First "rest" I have taken since March. :rainbow:
Got tonsilitis a few weeks back, absolutely sat me on my ass for a solid week. Probably a good thing overall for the body to have a little spell every so often

Got tonsilitis a few weeks back, absolutely sat me on my ass for a solid week. Probably a good thing overall for the body to have a little spell every so often
I hope you're alright now.

It bears repeating, people who don't re-rack their weights. If you can load it you can unload it. We're not your mom.
One of the PT's at my gym posts videos on Instagram of unracked weights lying around, turns the camera back to himself and proceeds to roast the (unidentified) person who appears to have committed the act. Also extends to leaving a huge mess with chalk, breaking stuff and general gym etiquette faux pas. It's certainly ensured that I never commit any of these crimes!

One of the PT's at my gym posts videos on Instagram of unracked weights lying around, turns the camera back to himself and proceeds to roast the (unidentified) person who appears to have committed the act. Also extends to leaving a huge mess with chalk, breaking stuff and general gym etiquette faux pas. It's certainly ensured that I never commit any of these crimes!
So a bit like Joey Swoll.

I saw this one last week.

Im actually pro womens gyms, whether we like it or not alot of dudes behave like absolute pricks at gyms.

IMO if someone wants to open a trans friendly womens gym more power to them but i cant imagine that it would be particularly well patroned and frankly if it dont make dollars it dont make sense.

I saw this one last week.

Im actually pro womens gyms, whether we like it or not alot of dudes behave like absolute pricks at gyms.

IMO if someone wants to open a trans friendly womens gym more power to them but i cant imagine that it would be particularly well patroned and frankly if it dont make dollars it dont make sense.

Yeah I'm pro womens gyms too, I can see why they'd want to work out without blokes around, doesn't affect me, I don't think boxing gyms are going to ban blokes anytime soon!

One of the trainers at my gym has a favourite sledge to new blokes: "Was your last gym Fernwood was it?", never gets old!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a small town probably helps but I reckon our gym is one of the most inclusive and considerate environments I've ever encountered. Never really seen any major jerk behaviour tbh.

Yeah I always wonder where all these gym **** wits are hiding because I frequent half a dozen gyms of the chain I’m a member of and could count the dick heads on one hand over the last 7 years I reckon

Yeah I always wonder where all these gym **** wits are hiding because I frequent half a dozen gyms of the chain I’m a member of and could count the dick heads on one hand over the last 7 years I reckon
I think who you are likely dictates the behaviour toward you a fair bit. I’m a fit mid 30s white guy with massive headphones. I’m not generally intimated by meatheads throwing weights around and carrying on and I’m not being approached by anyone let alone harassed.

If I were a 19-20 year old super hot chick or female minority who hadn’t spent much time in a gym I’m tipping my experience would be vastly different.

I think who you are likely dictates the behaviour toward you a fair bit. I’m a fit mid 30s white guy with massive headphones. I’m not generally intimated by meatheads throwing weights around and carrying on and I’m not being approached by anyone let alone harassed.

If I were a 19-20 year old super hot chick or female minority who hadn’t spent much time in a gym I’m tipping my experience would be vastly different.

Whether im the one being intimidated or not isn't really the point. You can still identify them types in the gym unless you are completely living in your own world. Just been a lot fewer and far between in my experience

Whether im the one being intimidated or not isn't really the point. You can still identify them types in the gym unless you are completely living in your own world. Just been a lot fewer and far between in my experience
… I have no idea what relevance this has to what I posted.

Had an amazing Push Day today, improved my bench press as well and set a new PB, as I close in on benching 100kgs.(220pds).:thumbsu:

I was going to "experiment" with static holds for benching, but didnt get around to it.

Gym was beautiful today, fairly empty, mind you that could also be because of Australia Day tomorrow with some looking to take a longer long weekend.:rainbow:
Unfortunately still havent reached my goal of 100kg. Mind you, I havent been trying to hit 100kgs over the last few months and testing PB.

Today I did do a static hold of 100kg and followed this up with a 90kg bench press. 10kg to go. Genuinely felt I could have done 92.5kg as doing 90kg felt reasonably smooth lift.

Unfortunately still havent reached my goal of 100kg. Mind you, I havent been trying to hit 100kgs over the last few months and testing PB.

Today I did do a static hold of 100kg and followed this up with a 90kg bench press. 10kg to go. Genuinely felt I could have done 92.5kg as doing 90kg felt reasonably smooth lift.

I have decided to stop benching. I get nothing good out of it, only shoulder pain.

Going to stick with just incline barbell presses for life

I have decided to stop benching. I get nothing good out of it, only shoulder pain.

I'm the same. Incline BB is now my bread and butter.
Jay Cutler also agrees.

Im very aware that benching is not the best exercise for growing chest, however I enjoy the challenge and its part of the motivation factor that I like during each push workout.

At the end of the day, you need to do the workout that you will enjoy, make you be consistent and give best bang for your buck.

I'm the same. Incline BB is now my bread and butter.
Jay Cutler also agrees.
I do incline BB as well on Push Day. Personally I found that doing barbell OHP, helped me a lot with my lifts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back