Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing the interest in my post, here is the follow up. He died. :oops:

He had gone to the gym before work and was not discovered until later that night when police barged in and found him on the floor of a cold-running shower.

He had been on life support at Joondalup hospital for two weeks, but tragically died on Thursday morning.

Any idea what caused it? Looked like he took his gym work pretty seriously.

Last edited:
First time someone interacted with me at the gym the other day and it annoyed me. Old dude in a bright pink tshirt stopped me doing tricep pull downs while I had my headphones on and suggested I use a bar instead of a rope if I'm serious about building mass. Ignored him. A real walk around, do a couple of reps, talk to the uninterested ladies at the counter for 15 minutes, return for another couple of reps then chat to old mate at the water fountain about footy at a volume everyone can hear type operator.

First time someone interacted with me at the gym the other day and it annoyed me. Old dude in a bright pink tshirt stopped me doing tricep pull downs while I had my headphones on and suggested I use a bar instead of a rope if I'm serious about building mass. Ignored him. A real walk around, do a couple of reps, talk to the uninterested ladies at the counter for 15 minutes, return for another couple of reps then chat to old mate at the water fountain about footy at a volume everyone can hear type operator.

You had a right to be annoyed about that, ordinary form.

We've got a bloke who strolls in late with his coffee, talks in a loud voice when he's telling someone something awesome about himself, thinks he knows a lot about a lot of things. Luckily everyone seems to hang shit on him ha ha

You had a right to be annoyed about that, ordinary form.

We've got a bloke who strolls in late with his coffee, talks in a loud voice when he's telling someone something awesome about himself, thinks he knows a lot about a lot of things. Luckily everyone seems to hang shit on him ha ha
We have one bloke that strolls in with a coffee at my gym too - often wears jeans, no warm up. Just seems like a weird dude. Thankfully he doesn't talk to me because he seems the type that bails people up a bit

We have one bloke that strolls in with a coffee at my gym too - often wears jeans, no warm up. Just seems like a weird dude. Thankfully he doesn't talk to me because he seems the type that bails people up a bit
Coffee and jeans is a truly psychotic way to go into a gym. Uncomfortable pants as possible while inevitably holding in a shit

I annoyed a few this morning. Our warmup consists of 6 rounds, halfway through the trainer yells "righto there's three to go". I asked if we'd done three rounds or if we had three to go. He said we've done three, and i replied "I thought you said there was three to go?" This went on for a bit until he told me I had shit for brains and to get ****ed.

So yeah I'm a troll IRL too!

I annoyed a few this morning. Our warmup consists of 6 rounds, halfway through the trainer yells "righto there's three to go". I asked if we'd done three rounds or if we had three to go. He said we've done three, and i replied "I thought you said there was three to go?" This went on for a bit until he told me I had shit for brains and to get ****ed.

So yeah I'm a troll IRL too!
It was a game of 3 halves...

Apart from counting down time to finish or reps what is the actual point of gym instructors/masterchef judges?
making sure that people are not breaking the machines (someone has been banned from my gym recently for this reason)

Irritating thing about the gym that annoys me at the moment is not being able to go for a few more days, as waiting for COVID to finish it's course. First 3 days aches and cold, last 4 or 5, just a slight headache and could workout, but not a dick who'd go in whilst knowingly infectious.

As I continue my journey towards the 100kg bench, I came across this article today as a timely reminder about taking safety precautions. Gym bro was literally knocking on heavens door, warning its graphic. Still struggle to fathom why you would attempt a PR without safeties and or spotter.

Video footage captured the terrifying moment a weightlifter was throttled by his 230lb barbell before other gymgoers noticed and rushed to save him.

The horrifying video shows the bodybuilder benching the barbell, before it rolls down onto his neck after he became tired in the middle of a set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt I have seen a handful of tripod users across the 8 or 9 years ive been using my gym chain. Definitely not to the point its been an issue to worry about but if they were rocking up everywhere id be getting rid of them too. Getting someone to record a set or taking a selfie at the end is a different game to having a big production setup

cbf looking through the 3000 pages in this thread but just wanted to say when did wearing Crocs, slides with socks and steel cap workboots become acceptable gym attire?
saw some campaigner getting around in just his socks 2 weeks ago.
this evening i was supersetting on a cable machine, tri's and bi's. literally just finished pushdowns and moved to the other cable to do reverse pushdowns and some ****en trainer comes along with a female and removes the bar i was using right in front of me. then this bird does lat pulldowns bent over and standing up ffs (wtf will that do).
thought about saying something but decided against it, pretty ****en rude if you ask me

cbf looking through the 3000 pages in this thread but just wanted to say when did wearing Crocs, slides with socks and steel cap workboots become acceptable gym attire?
saw some campaigner getting around in just his socks 2 weeks ago.
this evening i was supersetting on a cable machine, tri's and bi's. literally just finished pushdowns and moved to the other cable to do reverse pushdowns and some ****en trainer comes along with a female and removes the bar i was using right in front of me. then this bird does lat pulldowns bent over and standing up ffs (wtf will that do).
thought about saying something but decided against it, pretty ****en rude if you ask me
I weirdly have no real issue with steel caps tbh. Tradies gotta train and steel caps actually make sense in a gym more than most shoes.

Crocs and slides (with socks) aren’t my taste but I’m getting ****ing old.

I weirdly have no real issue with steel caps tbh. Tradies gotta train and steel caps actually make sense in a gym more than most shoes.
Have you ever worn them all day?

Why anyone would want to keep them on going into the gym is beyond me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back