Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

The crocs and slides look like shit but that's about it. Presume people wear them to easily kick them off and work out flat footed in socks. Steel caps would just be a massive pain in the ass.

More find it ridiculous the gyms that make people always wear gym shoes for safety reasons as if that mm of fabric is doing anything

Have you ever worn them all day?

Why anyone would want to keep them on going into the gym is beyond me.

Either for simplicity or for show, show that they are a tradesperson

The crocs and slides look like shit but that's about it. Presume people wear them to easily kick them off and work out flat footed in socks. Steel caps would just be a massive pain in the ass.

More find it ridiculous the gyms that make people always wear gym shoes for safety reasons as if that mm of fabric is doing anything

Good point re wearing gym shoes

cbf looking through the 3000 pages in this thread but just wanted to say when did wearing Crocs, slides with socks and steel cap workboots become acceptable gym attire?
saw some campaigner getting around in just his socks 2 weeks ago.
this evening i was supersetting on a cable machine, tri's and bi's. literally just finished pushdowns and moved to the other cable to do reverse pushdowns and some ****en trainer comes along with a female and removes the bar i was using right in front of me. then this bird does lat pulldowns bent over and standing up ffs (wtf will that do).
thought about saying something but decided against it, pretty ****en rude if you ask me

I remember these two pikie twins at my old gym used to come down in their high vis and work boots, jump straight into the ring and spar. Wouldn't have thought that was ideal but they didn't seem to give any ****s.

The “safety” element is less about dropping a weight and more about standing on something (which most shoes do offer some protection for).

I think in reality it’s more likely because people getting about the gym barefoot is just gross tbh

All the morons 100% use the gym at night, seen a bloke last night finish a set and then race out with his 20kg plates just left on the chest press.
Either for simplicity or for show, show that they are a tradesperson
Like the above guy I think a lot if clowns atm are tradespeople, not because if what they do for a living but they are just young people that are here temporarily for all the work going on so they don't give a shit.

Before they put up a sign banning it I used to sometimes do calf raises with socks on as it works better. But never wandered about the place with no shoes on, would put them back on the instant I'd finished.

I can understand why they have it as a rule though.

The “safety” element is less about dropping a weight and more about standing on something (which most shoes do offer some protection for).

I think in reality it’s more likely because people getting about the gym barefoot is just gross tbh
Great point with the safety aspect reasoning.

Some for sure go without shoes doing particular exercises. Does it offer significant gains though?

Its like people who walk outisde bare foot. a bit of look at me about it (without fully knowing why they do it).

I get doing it at the beach, and surrounding immediate areas tho.

All the morons 100% use the gym at night, seen a bloke last night finish a set and then race out with his 20kg plates just left on the chest press.

Like the above guy I think a lot if clowns atm are tradespeople, not because if what they do for a living but they are just young people that are here temporarily for all the work going on so they don't give a shit.

FIFO types?

Great point with the safety aspect reasoning.

Some for sure go without shoes doing particular exercises. Does it offer significant gains though?

Its like people who walk outisde bare foot. a bit of look at me about it (without fully knowing why they do it).

I get doing it at the beach, and surrounding immediate areas tho.
Ive never really looked into the science behind the barefoot exercises but also im not too fussed if people wanna do them, more power to them.

Agree completely on the rest, walking around barefoot is gross.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back