Coach Is Clarkson a supercoach or did he just get lucky at the Hawks? Has his time come and gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was his first year at North. 2023 he was sidelined because of the Hawthorn football club.

Needs 7 wins in 2025.
It wasn’t his first year at North, it was his second.

The North Melbourne board expected 6-8 wins in 2024 and they did not come. Coupled with his over reach into list management and his outbursts towards others, he’s lost some brownie points with some board members already.

I remember the hype coming from preseason about Northball. Beautiful direct flowing football, very attacking in nature.

4 weeks into the season Clarko scraps his masterplan and goes back to his tried and tested method of flood the contest and play it safely along the boundary. Post 2017 Clarko era is such a shit watch.

Just think he's running out of ideas unfortunately.

Selection is baffling as well. It took Clarko and his brains trust 2 months to figure out that they actually need defenders who can defend instead of playing 4 halfbacks who can't defend (Fisher, Sheezel, McKercher and Scott).

Archer had a great season and is exactly what North had been screaming for a few years. A tough nuggety defender who doesn't get his pants pulled down repeatedly by the oppositions best creative small forward. He had his colours lowered a few times but had plenty of wins as well. Think he polled well in their B&F too.

It wasn’t his first year at North, it was his second.

The North Melbourne board expected 6-8 wins in 2024 and they did not come. Coupled with his over reach into list management and his outbursts towards others, he’s lost some brownie points with some board members already.

How many games did he coach in 2023? Was it a full year? Was there any outside distractions caused by other football clubs incompetence?

How many games did he coach in 2023? Was it a full year? Was there any outside distractions caused by other football clubs incompetence?
He was there to set up the side for the 2023 year, he was there for the first 9 rounds of the season, he then took a break and came back to coach the last 4 Rounds.

You’re desperately trying to round down a full preseason of planning and 13 rounds of football to “nothing”, most likely because you want to ignore that Ratten had the team playing much more competitive football in only a short time holding the reins.

He was there to set up the side for the 2023 year, he was there for the first 9 rounds of the season, he then took a break and came back to coach the last 4 Rounds.

You’re desperately trying to round down a full preseason of planning and 13 rounds of football to “nothing”, most likely because you want to ignore that Ratten had the team playing much more competitive football in only a short time holding the reins.

Very convenient way of looking at it.

I think your ignoring the fact that Hawhtorns incompetence was the reason he stepped away.

2024 was his first year. Second year coming up and he needs to win 7 games. No excuses.

I think your ignoring the fact that Hawhtorns incompetence was the reason he stepped away.

2024 was his first year. Second year coming up and he needs to win 7 games. No excuses.
Makes Fagan's performance more remarkable.

Fagan apparently a very peripheral part of the racism scandal and appears to be the main victim of Hawks mismanagement.

“Very convenient way of looking at it” says the guy trying to tell me that 2024 was his first year as coach, using whataboutisms as an excuse.

Your own footy club expected him to win 6-8 games in 2024 and they went backwards instead. They also have big question marks as to whether Viney can actually keep him focused on his role, like he’s meant to.

Pretty crazy that North went backwards in Clarko's 'first year'.

Very concerning.

Makes Fagan's performance more remarkable.

Fagan apparently a very peripheral part of the racism scandal and appears to be the main victim of Hawks mismanagement.

Continuing a top list is probably a little easier than rebuilding a total basket-case of a club.

I'd say Hardwick found 2024 far more difficult than he imagined and he has a list which should be winning finals. But the club is and always will be a basket-case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Is Clarkson a supercoach or did he just get lucky at the Hawks? Has his time come and gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back