Is Eli worth more than Peyton??

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Is Eli worth more than Peyton????

So basically, you ARE taking for granted another SB win then, because its really the only thing Eli could do to distinguish himself, because the Colts have had a sustained period of dominance in just about every way otherwise.

No, i dont think you're a better team. Didnt you finish with the same record this year, and both go one and out?
God you really don't understand what I mean by 'probably' do you? Stop trying to cause shit for the sake of it ST :p Eli's success came early and has proven that he can perform for the Giants (ie not needing to throw 40 TDs a year) and he is in a more rounded team.

Fine thats your opinion, I'm just stating mine. You seriously don't think we are the more rounded (ie better) team though? As I said passing has taken the Colts a long way, but that is only one factor of a team...

Not really, your passing game sucks, your running game relys very heavily on jacobs, and your defense has more and more holes appearing in it every game.

Im not convinced that your team will have anywhere near the period of success that the Colts have, especially as they play in the bEast.

Not really, your passing game sucks, your running game relys very heavily on jacobs, and your defense has more and more holes appearing in it every game.

Im not convinced that your team will have anywhere near the period of success that the Colts have, especially as they play in the bEast.
Its not about a bloody period... The passing game is good with an imposing WR, the running game is good you mean then, and the D didn't let you do too much, as a recent example. You couldn't end drives for the life of you.

We are having pressure troubles, but getting back Osi can only help as well as other factors.

But this shouldn't turn into a GIants discussion, as you seem to enjoy doing in recent times...

Simple answer. No.

Eli has more flaws in his game than Peyton. Technically he isnt as sound and most likely never will be. We are comparing him to a sure fire hall of famer here and some people put it out as its something easy to do.

But for how much would Eli trade the indoors of Lucas Oil for Giants stadium. He is absolutly terrible in the wind and just plain inconsistent in the cold. No excuse of course and some of you will say its karma as the kid should be playing in the sun at SD. But its hardly a co-incidence that his greatest game on the biggest stage of all was where else but indoors.

Simple answer. No.

Eli has more flaws in his game than Peyton. Technically he isnt as sound and most likely never will be. We are comparing him to a sure fire hall of famer here and some people put it out as its something easy to do.

But for how much would Eli trade the indoors of Lucas Oil for Giants stadium. He is absolutly terrible in the wind and just plain inconsistent in the cold. No excuse of course and some of you will say its karma as the kid should be playing in the sun at SD. But its hardly a co-incidence that his greatest game on the biggest stage of all was where else but indoors.
Bah great Giants fan you are :p

Where you been all year when I needed ya man :( :eek:

Bah great Giants fan you are :p

Where you been all year when I needed ya man :( :eek:
Yeah i know man. I feel like a stranger and need to prove myself again.

But have been working 2 jobs that have ****ed up hours whilst still at uni. You gotta have to suffer a few times with a few disappointments (i.e. the weekend) to live like a high roller. lol.

But Eli will be alright. His good (and out-right outstanding) plays is often lost with shitty ones (INTs mainly) that he needs to iron out to move him to the top tier class.

Yeah i know man. I feel like a stranger and need to prove myself again.

But have been working 2 jobs that have ****ed up hours whilst still at uni. You gotta have to suffer a few times with a few disappointments (i.e. the weekend) to live like a high roller. lol.

But Eli will be alright. His good (and out-right outstanding) plays is often lost with shitty ones (INTs mainly) that he needs to iron out to move him to the top tier class.
He only had 12 this year go easy :( :p

With the recent Superbowl win I've been contemplating the Eli v Peyton debate.

I think Peyton is the better QB from a physical standpoint and at times he seems like the Colts OC. I never really rated Eli, the draft day business left me with a bad opinion of him.

After 4 seasons in the NFL, most people would have predicted Peyton to have won more titles, but their W-L record after 4 seasons was.
Peyton : 32 wins - 35 losses. Eli : 30 wins - 24 losses.
Eli won the Superbowl in his 5th season, Peyton lost the AFC title in his 5th. Both their best season finishes to that point.

A lot of their successes has to do with coaching (if Eli stayed with the Chargers I don't think there would be any comparisons) - but Eli seems to have that 'make things happen' factor more than Peyton does. Peyton seems more regimented with his system.

This season was an interesting study for the original question. We saw how valuable Peyton was to the Colts. Could another QB have succeeded at New York? Most likely.

If you are talking right now, in February of 2012, then no question Eli is worth more. He is younger, healthier, and coming off a fantastic season. The Giants will pay him as a reward for what he has done for them, and keep the contract within the constraints of the cap. If that earns him more than Peyton, such is life.

I go back a long way with the Mannings- Dad Archie was one of my favourites growing up when he was at Olr Miss- I actually got an Ole Miss jersey as a Christmas present one year.

It's funny how I was spieling the whole 'team' angle for another potential SB victory in this thread when the only reason we even made the playoffs this year was because of Eli. Terrible running game all year, injuries galore, D was playing terribly for the most part, and Eli carried them all on his back. Just like any playoff run you can't solely rely on your QB though and the team stepped up for him.

Not ignoring his 1200+ yards, 9-1 TD/INT ratio in the playoffs :p

Shame that injuries have very likely ruined the end of Peyton's career though.

And I love it how people were overreacting to Eli's pay - Considering most serious pundits were telling people that having locked him up for so long and with the new CBA coming in, he would very likely end up not being that expensive for a franchise SB MVP winning QB.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Is Eli Worth More Than Peyton?

Back