Remove this Banner Ad

SaveFeriss

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 28, 2003
Have a Cigar
Other Teams
Ya gonna go far
That now we've reached the lowest of lows, we have the most exciting period at Tigerland in the last 20 odd years now in front of us.

does anyone else get that feeling?

I'm a lil worried by the amount of supporters who expect us to make the finals next year :confused:

SaveFeriss said:
That now we've reached the lowest of lows, we have the most exciting period at Tigerland in the last 20 odd years now in front of us.

does anyone else get that feeling?

I'm a lil worried by the amount of supporters who expect us to make the finals next year :confused:

Who thinks we will make the finals...

*crickets*

...?
:confused:

Hopefully the best is ahead but these things definatly take time. Everyone is saying Wallace is our god. Our hope.. Our Future etc. We need players first.

rfctigerarmy said:

You would be surprised, not of bigfooty boards but mates of mine who also follow the tigers are expecting finals...try tell them different but their heart is set on it...at least they have faith in us?

If we make the finals next year, ill eat a watermelon through my arse and sh*t it out my mouth :)

now that would be something i would HAVE to see!!! :D - not beyond the realms of possibility and i like that wallace has come out and told the players they are aiming to play in september, but really would you tell them otherwise? cant see it happening myself, but as they say hope springs eternal.

• Banned
rfctigerarmy said:

I put up a poll on the 18/8/04 titled, Your hope for 2005 (Final Placing)

Here's the results from 28 voters

1-2 14.29%

3-4 0%

5-6 0%

7-8 42.86%

9-10 10.71%

11-12 25.00%

13-14 0%

15-16 7.14%

Now I know 28 voters isnt enough and the 4 people who voted for 1-2 are obviously so One-Eyed they cant imagine anything but the best.

But it showed a large majority are 'hoping' for 7-8.

I remember when I posted this poll I also deliberatly used 'hope' instead of expect as I think we should lay of the pressure in as many ways as possible for the 1st year or 2.

Your Hope for 2005 (Final Placing)

To be quite honest, i will not be disappointed in any way next season if we miss the finals. However, i will be extremely disappointed if the teams performances do not improve by 100%.

We were at the lowest of lows this season, and i can only think of 2 or 3 games where we actually tried.

As for finals, they are not out of reach next season, but would be bordering on unlikely at this stage.

Our problem over the past 3yrs[Moreso 2002+2003] has been the lack of direction in regards to youngsters.next year however im looking fwd to the youngsters growing in stature and be given the oppotunity and the confidence to perform at the highest level.this will take a few years and while id love to make the finals next year im more excited about the prospect of a culture change at Tigerland.
Start a new era and bring the kids on as a group so they can achieve as a team unit and not as a splintered one that we have atm.

cheers!

SaveFeriss said:
I put up a poll on the 18/8/04 titled, Your hope for 2005 (Final Placing)

Here's the results from 28 voters

1-2 14.29%

3-4 0%

5-6 0%

7-8 42.86%

9-10 10.71%

11-12 25.00%

13-14 0%

15-16 7.14%

Now I know 28 voters isnt enough and the 4 people who voted for 1-2 are obviously so One-Eyed they cant imagine anything but the best.

But it showed a large majority are 'hoping' for 7-8.

I remember when I posted this poll I also deliberatly used 'hope' instead of expect as I think we should lay of the pressure in as many ways as possible for the 1st year or 2.

Your Hope for 2005 (Final Placing)

I know this isnt sticking to the topic but actually that was a really good post. Backed up your discussion with evidence very well.

Wallace has been saying he wants success strauight away but i believe he will still rebuild the club in a way Sheeds does with the Dons, stays in the top 8 but also rebuilds at the same time, so the Dons never have to miss out on finals but are rebuilding at he same time, Wallace i believe is gonna do something like this if he can

rfctigerarmy said:
I know this isnt sticking to the topic but actually that was a really good post. Backed up your discussion with evidence very well.

Did you think it beyond me?;)

All we have is kids for the next few years and I'm above content atm with Hartigan, Schultz, Jackson, Coughlan, newman, Krakour and add a few juicy kids from this years draft and we look like Geelong from 2-3 years ago.

I started this thread because to me this feels the most exciting and promising time in decades.

At the start of this season, people were posting that we need to start all over again, and I wasnt happy with that, as it seems every 2nd year we are told this and I didnt want to have to wait again.

In the plain light of day (last 18 weeks) it's obvious we need a serious rebuild and that begin 2 years ago, stepped up a gear last trade/draft period, and is set to hit top gear for this years... next year should see our nucleas begin.

If there's one thing we have experience in, it's waiting.... But this is the begininging of the most exciting time we've had for 20 years IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SaveFeriss said:

All we have is kids for the next few years and I'm above content atm with Hartigan, Schultz, Jackson, Coughlan, newman, Krakour and add a few juicy kids from this years draft and we look like Geelong from 2-3 years ago.

I started this thread because to me this feels the most exciting and promising time in decades.

At the start of this season, people were posting that we need to start all over again, and I wasnt happy with that, as it seems every 2nd year we are told this and I didnt want to have to wait again.

In the plain light of day (last 18 weeks) it's obvious we need a serious rebuild and that begin 2 years ago, stepped up a gear last trade/draft period, and is set to hit top gear for this years... next year should see our nucleas begin.

If there's one thing we have experience in, it's waiting.... But this is the begininging of the most exciting time we've had for 20 years IMO.

Spot-On Ferris. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

SaveFeriss said:

On the money Bueller

Greg Miller started the ressurection 18 months ago .

You here this quote in footy a lot these days " You have to go backwards before you can go forwards "......... we`ve already done that .

The drafting of Jackson, Gilmour and Raines was an absolute bloody masterstroke , all those boys should have been in this years draft . They would have been high placed picks as well . When we throw in this years raft of quality picks , we will have a core of 10- 12 of the best youngsters in the land, all the same age , all coming through the system together. That is where the foundations to success are laid .

Not to mention TW. Another well worn saying in life is " If only i had a second chance " TW is getting a second go at it . How much better do you think he will be this time around ? Imagine how much he has learnt ?

The future`s so bright , i gotta wear shades

yeah i gotta say miller you are a genius. the team should develop nicely and tw should be nice and hungry too. in that poll i voted 7-8 because it is the best i can hope for, but realistically i expect us to finish just outside or lower. with the amount of young players we are likely to be playing we will most likely lack a little consistancy and be prone to the occasional thrashing, but i am looking forward to the players looking like they want to be there, and giving it thier all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back