Analysis Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

2 Years in, Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do reckon Leigh goes a as a member of any team or board when he is not the undisputed and revered leader?

He was a very dominant player (brilliant player), he coached with an iron fist (brilliant coach for that team at that time), and now has a pulpit to to talk from in the media.

The only time that he "failed" was when he up and quit with no plan for the best interest of the club in place (no succession plan). i always felt that he quit cause he was unable to adapt to working in the development stage. Brilliant finisher, but not a developer.

If he wants Leppa would he back down and accept that others might have answers, or would he back himself completely and fight like hell? And since we are well entrenched in the development stage, does he actually know what we need?

On the other hand, does anyone?

Brion was rock bottom, the fact we make grown Men run through that thing is disturbing. There would be so much slegdge ammo for the opposition. Lol

He needs to be harpooned in public as a sign times are changing.
At least the players run out of it's mouth and not the other way around.

Hmmm. Seems Leppa is gone from all reports.And that makes me a sad panda.
But here's hoping he's our Peter Schwab, and the next guy is our Alastair Clarkson. Hope springs eternal...

So... is this another case of the players setting the agenda. Getting very tired of the influence senior players who have not pulled their weight this season again bitching about it all being the coached fault. keep going around in circles. Love Rocky as a player but think its time for him to move on.

So... is this another case of the players setting the agenda. Getting very tired of the influence senior players who have not pulled their weight this season again bitching about it all being the coached fault. keep going around in circles. Love Rocky as a player but think its time for him to move on.

IF caro is right or even slightly right about how the board presentation went, then she is suggesting senior people in the 'footy dept' were the ones with the bad feed back - so it would seem, unless I am proven wrong, that the negative apraisal of the club was coming from a level above the players. She (again only assuming she is near the mark) actually didnt mention the players, my guess is they wpuld have been fairly cordial this time around, they ripped him to pieces this time last year.

I am not sure this is player led TBH. I think it is coming from most levels if our footy club and that is not only coming from that article, i am more gaging why the AFL seem so convinced he is not working, they wouldn't be listening to the players IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i really hope this is not the case as well, would be a terrible mistake IMO to move a coach on because a couple of senior guys are not happy. i don't believe our senior guys have enough credits in the bank to be wielding that much power.

i wonder how honest/blunt Leppa was in his appraisal of the senior group of players.

Caro has good contacts. If the review to both the AFL and the recent board presentation has gone even remotely as close to as bad as that sounds, then a decision to sack him is a mere formality. Hopefully for his sake her info is bad.
I haven't seen anywhere that suggests the presentation to the AFL reflects poorly on the coach. It sounds to me that the AFL think sections of our board are overly negative.
That negativity was also reflected in the club's recent presentation to the AFL Commission, which painted a bleak and concerning picture of life at the Brisbane Lions. The AFL took a dim view of the board presentation.
In a previous article, there was talk of a "victim mentality", which suggests that some don't take our shit sandwich seriously. After all, they are "reasonably pleased" with footy up here. If the AFL takes a dim view of our board's presentation, and some players also insist there is negativity within the board, then there must be some conflict but I don't see how that reflects on the coach as you suggest.
I'm also not sure that we could say that the board meeting presentation went really bad either.
List manager Peter Schwab also addressed the board, along with football manager Matthew Francis and Leppitsch, who put forward an impressive performance of the long-term on-field upside he saw at the Lions and also a strong bid to be allowed to see out his contract.

I think there's no doubt he is gone, but I also don't think anything can be gleaned from those statements.
To me it sounds like a case of true believers (including some with good football knowledge) v. some deeply concerned about the commercial impact and taking the word of some disgruntled players of the place being horrible. Like the rest of the place, it is more believable that things are bad than on the right track, and that will determine the vote (that has probably already been had, even if unofficially).

I haven't seen anywhere that suggests the presentation to the AFL reflects poorly on the coach. It sounds to me that the AFL think sections of our board are overly negative.

In a previous article, there was talk of a "victim mentality", which suggests that some don't take our shit sandwich seriously. After all, they are "reasonably pleased" with footy up here. If the AFL takes a dim view of our board's presentation, and some players also insist there is negativity within the board, then there must be some conflict but I don't see how that reflects on the coach as you suggest.
I'm also not sure that we could say that the board meeting presentation went really bad either.

I think there's no doubt he is gone, but I also don't think anything can be gleaned from those statements.
To me it sounds like a case of true believers (including some with good football knowledge) v. some deeply concerned about the commercial impact and taking the word of some disgruntled players of the place being horrible. Like the rest of the place, it is more believable that things are bad than on the right track, and that will determine the vote (that has probably already been had, even if unofficially).

Funnily enough I was very pissed off about Leighs GC's comments earlier while most cheered that it was 'about time we stood up', I personally felt introducing that outwardly victim culture was going to be costly, just a terrible operations move IMO and it has been the theme of the year.

Yeah all in all it sounds like both presentations havent worked in favor of Leppa, if thats the case, moving him on is probley the right move, should it go that way.

I reckon he will be moved on in the off-season too.
That's not what I heard.
My source is someone in the industry that used to work at inflatoworld , and he told me Brion was disgruntled and felt his career had stagnated.
He is now in negotiations with inflatoworld where the facilities have better hygiene .
True story;)

I am just so so sick of this shit. It all comes down too winning games doesn't't it, fixes everything. The board needs to go to AFL and say we need reasons to make players stay/come up here, facilities, money, whatever works otherwise things will never change. If they not willing to help the whole club needs to throw its hands in the air as a collective and say stuff it we will remain an uncompetitive rabble. Who ever wants to stay can stay and whoever wants to go can go but we not going to bother trying to sell an inferior product to players or fans,force their hand or fold.

Late bid to save Brisbane Lions coach Justin Leppitsch from the axe
Caroline Wilson

In relation to the above article.

I have heard the words 'TOXIC CULTURE' thrown around a fair bit from a certain assistant coach at the lions, regularly at underage footy games on weekends to regular jo blogs, which i always felt was completely unprofessional at the time, but now has turned into something much more sinister.
Luckily it has already been stated that this particular person is more than likely gone at the end of the year.
Maybe, just maybe this is where the leaks have been coming from.
I do not feel that i should mention a name but i have had a feeling for a while that he might be 'A' if not 'THE' leak from the lions internally.
There have been 3 names floated as leaving at the end of the year. I can tell you with certainty it is not one of them.

My contacts suggest that Dodoro is trying to get Brion through the PSD.

Given they're also interested in Green, there's a definite "skin folds" consistency there.

In relation to the above article.

I have heard the words 'TOXIC CULTURE' thrown around a fair bit from a certain assistant coach at the lions, regularly at underage footy games on weekends to regular jo blogs, which i always felt was completely unprofessional at the time, but now has turned into something much more sinister.
Luckily it has already been stated that this particular person is more than likely gone at the end of the year.
Maybe, just maybe this is where the leaks have been coming from.
I do not feel that i should mention a name but i have had a feeling for a while that he might be 'A' if not 'THE' leak from the lions internally.
There have been 3 names floated as leaving at the end of the year. I can tell you with certainty it is not one of them.

Are you able to private msg me who as I would love to know more but won't mention it online or anywhere?

Are you able to private msg me who as I would love to know more but won't mention it online or anywhere?
*pulls mask off*
Ah! It was Andrew Hamilton the whole time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back