viccles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2004
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just seen a Mark Lecras floating around maybe to be drafted..was wondering if he was any relation to Brent from the Roos..they both are from WA I think?

WA ROO said:
speaking to one of the asst coaches of the WA u/18 he said Mark is a ready made AFL footballer

U reckon? No way IMO.

Far to light, not overly quick, but he does have pretty good skills and uses the ball well. Only played 4-5 WAFL games last year (as oppossed to Wellsy who played a season and nearly won the Sandover), so he hasn't been exposed to many bigger players and tested.

Haven't seem much of him, so i cant really say, but i doubt if he'd be ready for the AFL.

dus said:
U reckon? No way IMO.

Far to light, not overly quick, but he does have pretty good skills and uses the ball well. Only played 4-5 WAFL games last year (as oppossed to Wellsy who played a season and nearly won the Sandover), so he hasn't been exposed to many bigger players and tested.

Haven't seem much of him, so i cant really say, but i doubt if he'd be ready for the AFL.
i agree

**this Has Been Posted Before Just Before The And During The U/18c-ships And Yes We Did Discover Its His Younger Brother Who Played For W.a In The Carnival **

3rdEchelon said:
That's what they all say. :rolleyes:

Not really when you think about it.

Whilst there have been examples of players being spoken about as being "ready made AFL players" - the likes of Reiwoldt, Judd, and Hodge spring to mind, I reckon that the coaches tend to hose down expectations when it comes to young players. Blokes like Wells and Josh Fraser were said to be long term prospects (although in the end, both played plenty of senior footy in their debut seasons). Our own David Trotter was always considered to be a long term prospect - the same goes for Jesse Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Mark Lecras any relation to Brent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back