is Port being smashed in the GF the only thing adelaide have going for them?

Remove this Banner Ad

No you amde a GF becasue

C Cornes
K Cornes
Lade
S Burgoyne
P Burgoyne

All had very good years. Your younger players played Cameo roles. Not to mentions a good dose of luck, which you were good enough to take advantage of.

It wasnt untill the Finals that Westhoff drew the key backman, consistantly. He will struggle next year as he will be pushed off the ball too easily. Look at his older brother, he wont bulk up. He will get to mid 90KG, not enough for a key forward. Great Footy smarts, if he could run he would be agreat Flanker but he runs like gumby.

Rising star nominations means the player had one good game. Winning it is what sets them apart. Since D Pearce won his he has been tagged out of games. He needs to work on this. Grays game were good. Westhoff came a distant third to Pendlebury and Selwood. And rightly so. Look at the lsit of nominated players from 2005/06. How many ahve taken off since. Dean Polo anyone??

Have a look at our games mate, Westhoff drew Darren Glass against West Coast and kicked 4 goals on him, he also kicked 3 or on Mal Micheal or Dustin Fletcher. Serioulsy take your Crows goggles off, if you started a Justin Westhoff thread, you would get nothing but praise for him form everyone other than crow supporters.

Pearce had a solid year, not as good as the year before, but was good.

Football is a team game, you dont make the grand final on the back of 5 players having good seasons.

Why dont you start a thread to see who everyone thinks has better youngsters out of Port and the Crows, i think you'll find People rate our youngsters much higher than yours.

None whats ur point...

You ahve to admit the Port boys give up when things are tough. If you dont, you watch with rose coloured glasses

No we dont have to admit that.

Round 1: 34 points down away to Freo, and come back to win.

Round 4: Losing to Collingwood all day the come back and win at the MCG.

Round 13: We were winning by a fair margin, Brisbane came back, had all the momentum, scores were level, then we hit back and won, at the gabba.

Round 20: Kicked 2 goals in the last minute to win away again against Hawthorn.

Round 21: Similar to the Brisbane game, were in front and Geelong came back hit the front, and we were abke to hit back for the win.

Qualafying final: 4 goals down midway through the 3rd quarter, and we came back and won.

So no i dont think Port boys give up when it gets tough. I think you need to take off your crows goggles.

All of the bolded players either weren't good enough to make the team or turded to jelly on GF day. The only unbolded player is as soft as they come (just ask Barry Hall). Yeah....a great list of front running talent there

Dont know why i even bother, these guys got us to 2nd on the ladder and into a GF, where did your guys get you?

Do you realise its only Crow supporters who think our young guys are no good.

Does that matter??? Are we not entitled to an opinion???

Ok, let deal in facts. 119... thats a fact, a record and DAMN FUNNY!

Your allowed to have an opinion, but it seems my opinions of our youngters get canned by your mob, take a look at mb2326, i say our young guys did well for getting us into the GF, and he just says there are rubbish. Im saying that your opinions of us are tainted by your hate for Port Adelaide.

Seeing you want facts, week 1 of finals, 31pts up, then lose, also pretty funny.

Your allowed to have an opinion, but it seems my opinions of our youngters get canned by your mob, take a look at mb2326, i say our young guys did well for getting us into the GF, and he just says there are rubbish. Im saying that your opinions of us are tainted by your hate for Port Adelaide.

So you're saying your youngsters played well in the Grand Final? I've never seen a bigger bunch of overrated hacks choke on the big stage like that.

Seeing you want facts, week 1 of finals, 31pts up, then lose, also pretty funny.

Not as funny as humiliating yourselves to the tune of a record-breaking 119 points making Port Power the biggest losers ever in the history of the AFL.

So you're saying your youngsters played well in the Grand Final? I've never seen a bigger bunch of overrated hacks choke on the big stage like that.

Not as funny as humiliating yourselves to the tune of a record-breaking 119 points making Port Power the biggest losers ever in the history of the AFL.

Im not saying they played well on GF, day but they did to get there, unlike 14 other teams.

People have been bagging Port supporters for saying, at least we got there, but the facts are we did get there, and at 2.30pm on that day every other supporters from every other club wished they were in our position.

Im not saying they played well on GF, day but they did to get there, unlike 14 other teams.

People have been bagging Port supporters for saying, at least we got there, but the facts are we did get there, and at 2.30pm on that day every other supporters from every other club wished they were in our position.

True, but at 5:30pm every other club in Australia (including local leagues) were gald they were not Port as you have humuliated yourselves on the world stage.

Fos is lucky he didn't have to see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port can hardly be considered perinial losers. If you say playing in 2 prelims in a row 'aint too bad', we played in 3 in a row, also played in 6 of the last 7 finals series, making at least the prelim on 4 occasions and 2 Gfs, as well as making it to the 2nd week of the finals in a terrible year. I know 2 premierships is better than 1, but we are hardly perinial losers.

I guess because you said you would rather you youngsters over our they must be better, but ill have K.Cornes, S.Burgouyne, B Ebert, S.Salopek, J.Westhoff, T.Chaplin, J.Surjan, M.Pettigrew, R.Gray, D.Pearce, T.Logan, N.Krakour, T.Boak, A.Thomson, M.Thomas, A.Carslile anyday.

And do the Crows have a captain???????

Youngsters:confused: 2 has beens and a guy who only gets a game cause his dad played for port adelaide before port power was born

Youngsters:confused: 2 has beens and a guy who only gets a game cause his dad played for port adelaide before port power was born

If you can classify S.Thompson and Rutten as Young, then you would have to consider those guys young aswell.

As for your other comment, your a fool, dont know if its even worth pointing out your stupidness.

If you can classify S.Thompson and Rutten as Young, then you would have to consider those guys young aswell.

As for your other comment, your a fool, dont know if its even worth pointing out your stupidness.

I never said that rutten and thompson were youg and what is wrong with my other comment

Primus no flags Keating 1
Francoo no flags Clay Sampson 1

Remember though they are comparing our forwards with their gun forward line:eek:.
Gil, Welsh, bod... (no their best small forward got delisted) Do they have any other forwards?:D

I never said that rutten and thompson were youg and what is wrong with my other comment

Primus and Francou got knifed in a big way too. Now Primus is a yes man in the Port Power assinat coach round about for Choco and Francou joins Rucci writing Pro Power and Crow Propoganda at the Powertiser.

Primus and Francou got knifed in a big way too. Now Primus is a yes man in the Port Power assinat coach round about for Choco and Francou joins Rucci writing Pro Power and Crow Propoganda at the Powertiser.

Now i know why so many assistants want to leave port with primus and willy in the box no room for a average side head in their

Take a look at other posts, they were mentioned as your young brigade, along with Johncock, when comparing the young players from each team.

K.Cornes - 2 time All Australian

S. Burgoyne - All Australain, and considered by all but Crow supprters as an absolute gun.

Ebert - was a nomination for All Australian this year, kicked 50 plus goals for the year.

Thats whats wrong with those comments.

By the Way, Gary Ablett snr. never played in a premiership, i guess he must be rubbish too.

How many goals did your gun forward line kick in the biggest game of the year

Plastic guns at best

Our forward line had a shocking day no doubt, so did the rest of the team.
Unfortunately your mobs forward line was not good enough to even win one final. :)
Ports forward line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crows forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

is Port being smashed in the GF the only thing adelaide have going for them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back