is st kilda the outright least successful sporting club in australia's history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly, they have out ****witted the Geelong supporters already, and it hasnt even been a week!

Dont tag all Hawk supporters.

I can understand you being a little testy after the Hawks tore the Saints a new one in a game that mattered. :thumbsu:

The amount of St Kilda tossers on here the week before the Hawks V Saints Prelim saying " we have the wood on the Hawks " was unreal.

Dont tag all Hawk supporters.

I can understand you being a little testy after the Hawks tore the Saints a new one in a game that mattered. :thumbsu:

The amount of St Kilda tossers on here the week before the Hawks V Saints Prelim saying " we have the wood on the Hawks " was unreal.

Contradict much?

Anyways as to the OP, i have an answer

The North Bendigo FC joined the Bendigo league in 1887 and between then and 1946 failed to make a grand final, left to join the inferior Bendigo Football Association (later renamed Golden City Football League) and won 1 grand final in 1976.

Rejoined the Bendigo FL when it merged with the Golden City FL in DIVISION 2, and made another granny in 1982 but lost. Divisions were scrapped in 1983 and from then until 1995 they didnt make another finals series and left in 1996 to the inferior Heathcote District FL and made but lost another granny in 1998

I think St Kilda has it on them :)

Contradict much?

Anyways as to the OP, i have an answer

The North Bendigo FC joined the Bendigo league in 1887 and between then and 1946 failed to make a grand final, left to join the inferior Bendigo Football Association (later renamed Golden City Football League) and won 1 grand final in 1976.

Rejoined the Bendigo FL when it merged with the Golden City FL in DIVISION 2, and made another granny in 1982 but lost. Divisions were scrapped in 1983 and from then until 1995 they didnt make another finals series and left in 1996 to the inferior Heathcote District FL and made but lost another granny in 1998

I think St Kilda has it on them :)

Ah yes, the zoo! Played there for one year and I was the only bloke without a tattoo. Good times! :D

at least the geelong supportes had a leg to stand on tho they have the players and backups.. few injuries will spell the end for the hawks team and a big injury to hodge, bateman, roughhead or franklin and they become nothing

Hodge was injured int he grand final, Franklin was injured in the grand final, Bateman was injured in the grandfinal. our only defender croad wa sinjured practically all year. Clinton young was injured after being practically being BOG.

that is 5 injured players in the big game and we won. any other myth?

well i'm just going to put it out there, not sure what we'll find but here goes.

i am going to ask this one question. is there a less successful sporting club (any sport) throughout australia than the dreadful st kilda saints? now, in the context of this debate i'm going to say the pool of clubs includes both professional and amateur, that should give those sainters a nice oppurtunity to discredit this thread. but i will put one limitation; the sporting club has to have existed for more than 25 years.

i think the above sets a clear and fair outline for the question being asked.

the saints are better than you and the pissant private school u went to by 100000000000000000%....get a life....

Hodge was injured int he grand final, Franklin was injured in the grand final, Bateman was injured in the grandfinal. our only defender croad wa sinjured practically all year. Clinton young was injured after being practically being BOG.

that is 5 injured players in the big game and we won. any other myth?
Don't forget Browny playing the finals series with a broken foot. Plus a number of other players in the Grand Final picking up injurys.

Over the long term, St Kilda would have to be one of the worst, with just one flag from five grand final appearances in 112 years. Although the Bulldogs have also won just one premiership from two grand finals, both of which were many years ago, the Bulldogs have been more competetive consistently and rarely easybeats, unlike St Kilda which have won 26 wooden spoons and hold some shameful records. The Bulldogs have also been in the competition a lesser amount of time.

In the 27 years it played in the SANFL, Woodville established a terrible record, making the finals just three times (no grand finals) and collecting many wooden spoons, including six in a row in the early 1980s. This ended when the team merged with West Torrens after the 1990 season. Peel Thunder was admitted to the WAFL competition in 1997, and only twice has finished out of the bottom two places. It has never challenged for a finals position and has collected five wooden spoons, failing to win a game at all in 1999.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When a club gloats about having a 11-0 record over another club, despite said club still having over a 76% winning record against them, you know that they're struggling. :eek:

Yes, I'm sure you get great glee from having the wood on us back in the Stone Age, a time when Carlton coaxed all the best players due to a lack of a salary cap. :thumbsu:

Tassie fans should keep quiet. At least they play all their home games in Melbourne. **** off to Tasmania Hawks.

LOL-TRY HARD! We get money-But we are the HAWTHORN HAWKS! hahahahahhahaahahahah-get it through your head dumbarse!

Its ok mate-Your team have won plenty of Premiership!....just not this year!

They are an embarrassment to the AFL. But then so are Fremantle, Richmond, Melbourne and the Dogs.

So have you already forgotten your last match against us in Rd.22? If I recall there was only one team that was an embarrassment that day and it wasn't us.

Oh sorry chump, I thought you would realised that by the "stone age" I was referring to the early 1900's, not the 1960's.

It doesn't matter. Even in the 60's, we had your measure constantly. It has really only been this decade where you have had a period of dominance, but even that is in stark contrast to the losses you have accumulated in every other era, stone age or otherwise.

It doesn't matter. Even in the 60's, we had your measure constantly. It has really only been this decade where you have had a period of dominance, but even that is in stark contrast to the losses you have accumulated in every other era, stone age or otherwise.

Find out the % between St. Kilda and Carlton from 1965 onwards.

it can't be a stkilda bagging thread without their biggest achievement....

228779.jpg

it can't be a stkilda bagging thread without their biggest achievement....

228779.jpg

That winning streak was good but not as good as our current winning streak against Carlton. We may need a DVD boxset for that one by the time it finishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

is st kilda the outright least successful sporting club in australia's history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back