Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Something obviously bothers you to keep referencing my amazing self. Chuck me or anyone else on ignore if you don't like negative commentary about your team.
“I’m not obsessed, YOU’RE obsessed!”

LOL.

The point is, “commentary” is way too flattering a term for your strange and repetitive public wish-seeking.

I really hope you don’t have 3 kids, I kinda hope you don’t have any.
why? you wish he didn't have kids because they think your football team is a boring/bad/whatever???? lol wtf

Why the hell did this thread get divvied once it actually started to become true? This is the worst preliminary final weekend in many a long while. If we get an upset result we'll get a 119ing in the grand final.

Why the hell did this thread get divvied once it actually started to become true? This is the worst preliminary final weekend in many a long while. If we get an upset result we'll get a 119ing in the grand final.
would it be better if hawthorn didn't choke?

Instead we get Wish.com finals. Geelong vs. Brisbane and Sydney vs. Port.. Awesome....
Normal, non-bizarre footy fans find both of those prospects very enticing.

SCG already sold out.

There’ll be a big crowd at the MCG.

But that’s not good enough for you with your quaint nostalgia for opposing pages of the Melways locked in mortal combat like it’s 1922.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey everyone. There is a good reason why Mr. A.Pickett was voted flog of the year in 2023 on the bay. With voting for foty 2024 fast approaching you may want to show your disagreement of this thread by voting for him, be on the lookout for the thread after the conclusion of the AFL season. :thumbsu:
Why still target him when he's copped his whack last year? Elmer_Hauser should be your target this year after his disgraceful Darren Mliane rant and Degoey injury troll I think he's a much bigger priority this year.

Elmer DZh.png

Why still target him when he's copped his whack last year? Elmer_Hauser should be your target this year after his disgraceful Darren Mliane rant and Degoey injury troll I think he's a much bigger priority this year.

View attachment 2112965
Some very flogworthy moments but he's an easy target when drunkmelting. The real mvp's do it naturally.

full

100% agree.

Not really sure why this is a controversial take. Here are some possible prelim match up story lines we could have had when finals started:
  • Swans vs. Hawthorn (GF Rematch, Great Rivalry)
  • Sydney vs. Geelong (GF rematch)
  • Bulldogs vs. Sydney (GF rematch)
  • Bulldogs vs. GWS (Prelim Rematch, Great Rivalry)
  • Carlton vs. Anyone (2023 Prelim Loss)
  • GWS vs. Anyone (2023 Prelim Loss)
Not to mention, the results for this year for these teams:
  • Round 6 - Geelong vs. Brisbane: Brisbane kicked 37 points and lost by 5 goals. :sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol:
  • Round 21 - Sydney vs. Port: Sydney kicked 36 points and lost by 112. :sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol:
Very, very little going for these Prelim match ups.

Aristotle Pickett is wrong in this front too:

Record number of memberships this season for the AFL , 1 in 20 Aussies have a membership, only
Melbourne, Kangaroos, Eagles, Essendon and Richmond were the clubs that didn't break a record this season.

Record attendances for home and away season.

The Port v Cats game was the highest attended final ever for Port, the elimination final was a record for an elimination final and the Swans v Giants game was the third highest attended final ever at the SCG.
Yeah, but only until 3/4 time

🤣🤣🤣 hey, remember "if it bleeds we can kill it," as long as you take the iv at half time 🤣🤣🤣, I still remember Essendon players protesting that shit.

Hawthorn and Geelong were near the top when drafts were compromised, 🤣🤣🤣 but yeah, if I was a Hawthorn or Geelong supporter I'd like to believe we would've won those flags even if they weren't.

Just be honest like me, look, if Richmond weren't allowed to vigoursly man the mark against Geelong from '17 to '20 you guys would have 3 more flags.

Hocking admitted when he was trying to justify a f**king 50 metre penalty for someone making the slightest movement on the mark, he said: "There has to be a reasonable size penalty. One of the things we’ve got to remember around the introduction of this rule is the delay and the pressure that comes from a guy standing on the mark."

So do you remember the delay and pressure that a Geelong player felt when Richmond used to man the mark?

Our pressure based system took a hit when we couldn't delay and pressure the sh*t teams anymore, making it possible for sh*t teams to win flags, and that's the reason I wouldn't count out Carlton or Essendon winning the flag next season.
Holy shit Geelong's continued dominance has destroyed Richmond supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back