Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

9.5 to 5.2 in the second half.

Is that quite right? Looks like both sides were accurate aside from a few long range shots that fell short, and GWS didn’t put the cue in the rack and do a 1-2 goal second half disappearing act. Seems like you’re just trying to talk yourself into thinking you’re correct
That's his modus operandi on most things

I don't like seeing the players being told to "STAND" and can no longer put any pressure/psyche out the ball carrier behind where the opposition player marked the ball, without some ridiculous 50 metre penalty being paid.

Yes I watched it, Heeney's mark was fantastic but the game was marked by a GWS collapse and a lucky Sydney win.
I don't think Sydney are deserved premiers on that performance.
GWS “collapse” LOL. They lost by a single kick with two minutes to go. They were in it the whole way.

Sydney “lucky” LOL. We came from 28 points down, as is often the way in the modern game.

It had a manic intensity from the first bounce which never let up.

Never mind that plenty in the press are calling it the best final in 10 years. (Personally I think that’s going a bit far; there have been plenty of blinders, but it is some sort of indication of how divorced from reality you’re becoming).

I don't like seeing the players being told to "STAND" and can no longer put any pressure/psyche out the ball carrier behind where the opposition player marked the ball, without some ridiculous 50 metre penalty being paid.
I'd have thought the rule has served its purpose and run its race. The rule was only brought in to thwart Richmond and winning the wooden spoon in 2024 confirms goal achieved ;)

GWS “collapse” LOL. They lost by a single kick with two minutes to go. They were in it the whole way.

Sydney “lucky” LOL. We came from 28 points down, as is often the way in the modern game.

It had a manic intensity from the first bounce which never let up.

Never mind that plenty in the press are calling it the best final in 10 years. (Personally I think that’s going a bit far; there have been plenty of blinders, but it is some sort of indication of how divorced from reality you’re becoming).
GWS were 28 points up.

Aristotle Pickett is jealous.
This Is Delicious Episode 4 GIF by PBS

Yes, I already said Swans were 28 points down. Is there a distinction I’m not getting?

His point is that if a team leads the whole way, it is boring, and if a team is ahead, but then lose it is a collapse and therefore also boring.

I assume the implied point is that only Richmond games are objectively good, because he is the main character in the story of the world.

His point is that if a team leads the whole way, it is boring, and if a team is ahead, but then lose it is a collapse and therefore also boring.

I assume the implied point is that only Richmond games are objectively good, because he is the main character in the story of the world.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Aristotle Pickett, and the Word was Aristotle Pickett - that sort of thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a pretty limited set of criteria for what constitutes a good season.
Limited criteria from a limited poster.
Tigers fans making a fool of themselves in this thread.

Goal of the year, and mark of the decade in the first week of the finals

20240909_183447.jpg

Two of the great midfield performances from Heeney and Newcombe.

Cats surprise everyone with their peripheral players starring and slaughtering Port, Hawthorn beat the highest rated team in the finals with two 19 year olds kicking 4 and 3 goals in their first final, battle of the bridge was an epic to the last minute and we saw Carlton go 0-60 but OP has nerve to come here and say he's bored?

Honestly, Richmond winning flags with their dour press and low skills was the equivalent of Ross Lyon era had he won multiple flags. Boring as ****

Last edited:
Aristotle, according to most scholars, is probably the last person to acquire a command of all spheres of knowledge in the times in which lived.

Aristotle Pickett, on the hand, has difficulty advancing a coherent argument to support a basic proposition.
There is no evidence that this season has been a good quality season because it hasn't.
The Sydney GWS game had good moments but the other 3 finals were fizzers.
If you are a Hawthorn supporter it is a very exciting season but from the neutral observer it's not.

Goal of the year, and mark of the decade in the first week of the finals

View attachment 2106397

Two of the great midfield performances from Heeney and Newcombe.

Cats surprise everyone with their peripheral players starring and slaughtering Port, Hawthorn beat the highest rated team in the finals with two 19 year olds kicking 4 and 3 goals in their first final, battle of the bridge was an epic to the last minute and we saw Carlton go 0-60 but OP has nerve to come here and say he's bored?

Honestly, Richmond winning flags with their dour press and low skills was the equivalent of Ross Lyon era had he won multiple flags. Boring as ****
You've gilded the lilly there a bit.

This finals series will be the lowest attendance in many a year according to news reports.

That’s amazing.

Three games in week 1 at stadiums that can ONLY hold 50,000 people at most, and a guarantee of two semi-finals at stadiums of limited capacity, and a preliminary final of limited capacity.

Wow, how did those news reports put this prediction together.

Linked-up NASA super computers piggy backing off one another?

A confabulation between Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad and Ganesh at a round table where they predicted what would happen?

A tarot card convention where miraculously every medium predicted the same thing?

Help me out here.

That’s amazing.

Three games in week 1 at stadiums that can ONLY hold 50,000 people at most, and a guarantee of two semi-finals at stadiums of limited capacity, and a preliminary final of limited capacity.

Wow, how did those news reports put this prediction together.

Linked-up NASA super computers piggy backing off one another?

A confabulation between Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad and Ganesh at a round table where they predicted what would happen?

A tarot card convention where miraculously every medium predicted the same thing?

Help me out here.
I think the absence of the big 4 Melbourne clubs takes some gloss off the finals.
Let's face it, GWS have about 500 diehard supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back