Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the absence of the big 4 Melbourne clubs takes some gloss off the finals.
Let's face it, GWS have about 500 diehard supporters.

They actually have a decent enough following and how does this impact on any level of quality?

I couldn’t give two shits what the big 4 are doing in their circle jerk.

The two best neutral finals I can think of in the last decade besides the Pies-Eagles grand final which I really enjoyed have both involved GWS and neither involved a big 4 club. And many people would say the same: Saturday’s game just gone, and their prelim against the Dogs in 2016.

Not having four entitled, rich, over represented clubs in the action won’t somehow affect the quality of the product.

Only the worst according to the OP because the Tigers aren't in the hunt for a flag, they pathetically languished at the bottom of the ladder.

If they were a contender I'm sure he would be falling over himself to declare this seasons one of the best, if not the best, EVAAAHH11111

Better and stronger than any season Brisbane, Geelong, Hawthorn won a flag in recent memory I'm certain. Pathetic.

This finals series will be the lowest attendance in many a year according to news reports.

View attachment 2106754
Imagine if Geelong was allowed to host home finals and they'd had been a GMHBA final next week. Both Sydney and Geelong playing at their home grounds will be disadvantageous for other clubs.

Geelong should start to play games at Marvel or MCG

Imagine if Geelong was allowed to host home finals and they'd had been a GMHBA final next week. Both Sydney and Geelong playing at their home grounds will be disadvantageous for other clubs.

Geelong should start to play games at Marvel or MCG

Yes we’ve only played 120 games at the MCG in the past 18 seasons which includes two seasons where we didn’t play there at all.

8 times a year on average simply isn’t enough at one of those two grounds, in another city, is it. The legend of your critical thought grows by the day.

OP made this thread just to see how many times he could be called a salty, biased moron.

I'm not falling for it.

Well he’s sort of got a point. The best player this year (apparently) was the Bont and he just faceplanted.

Daicos also isn’t playing either. Seems like a Bradbury season.

The MCG elimination final this week had nearly 98k attendees, which made it the highest ever attended in history. You're not very good at this

Yep. No doubt the largest ever crowd for a Hawks and Dogs game also. And neither are even top 4 (even though their form was very much as good or better than anyone else's). Clearly a sign of a the worst season and lack of interest. :drunk:

AP underlying what an ignorant , nonsensical ####ing tool he is as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread just keeps on giving, especially when the OP keeps making himself look even more miserable/silly with every post he makes 🤣
Wooden Spoon supporter who has little to look forward to and had nothing from his team this season to stir his jollies. Just a miserable old man yelling at the clouds.

Has been the best season ever, the Swans game was a classic for the ages, but Aristotle Pickle probably didn't watch it!

This finals series will be the lowest attendance in many a year according to news reports.
Who cares? Do attendance figures give you some form of pleasure that Richmond aren't providing you?

Only the AFL execs who have KPIs to meet really care about attendances. Well eff them, let's enjoy the finale to this intriguing season

Who cares? Do attendance figures give you some form of pleasure that Richmond aren't providing you?

Only the AFL execs who have KPIs to meet really care about attendances. Well eff them, let's enjoy the finale to this intriguing season
Who are the stars of the comp at the momant and who are the best teams? Two questions hard to answer.

Geelong and Sydney. Jeremy Cameron and Heeney
Not sure about those teams, they could easily lose those prelims.
Heeney is a star of the comp, Cameron misses too many goals and is not consistant.
The stars of the comp are Heeney, Bont, Daicos , Cripps and Neale.
Not that great group of stars besides Bont and Daicos imo.

Not sure about those teams, they could easily lose those prelims.
Heeney is a star of the comp, Cameron misses too many goals and is not consistant.
The stars of the comp are Heeney, Bont, Daicos , Cripps and Neale.
Not that great group of stars besides Bont and Daicos imo.

He’s kicked 40.23 in 12 games since his off patch in the middle of the season and had only two games where he hasn’t kicked multiple goals - and in one of them he was still good anyway.

So now it’s another negative that the teams waiting in the prelims aren’t certainties to make it to the GF

I’m a Guardian reader and I think the OP is full of shit.
I used to be one.
To me it’s pretty much the Sky News of the left. Just no attempt at objectivity.
But, I digress… at least we can find common ground on our views of the OP.

Aristotle Pickett is wrong in this front too:

Record number of memberships this season for the AFL , 1 in 20 Aussies have a membership, only
Melbourne, Kangaroos, Eagles, Essendon and Richmond were the clubs that didn't break a record this season.

Record attendances for home and away season.

The Port v Cats game was the highest attended final ever for Port, the elimination final was a record for an elimination final and the Swans v Giants game was the third highest attended final ever at the SCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back