Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the worst by any stretch of the imagination. There's been so many ups and downs, twists and turns, this year it's giving me whiplash trying to keep up with it all. Nothing's certain in a season like this - as was shown yet again last night. A commanding lead is now no longer anywhere near a guarantee of victory at the end of battle. Any one of the four remaining, on their day, could get the job done and lift the cup. This won't be a repeat of 2007 (apart from the potential for the same two teams to be playing), when it was pretty much over by quarter time. How boring that was for most.

Despite being cripplingly depressing for my own side I can comfortably say this has been the most interesting season in the last 5 perhaps 10 years. In week 2 of the finals you genuinely felt like 5 of the 6 sides could win the flag and now all 4 are really capable in week 3.

Many upsets, comebacks and a genuine feeling most teams could win every week if the other is even slightly off.

Despite the disappointment, it's been a great season of incredible surprises. All teams have had weeks when they looked rubbish. Only to find form. The week to week uncertainties surely is what most fans want most of the time.

The peaks have been very high: Cats week one finals win was near perfection. Ports week 2 gritty and high pressure return was inspirational. The whole season has had these moments on a weekly basis.

Brisbane are average, should hsve got beat.
Geelong played one good final so far, Sydney were very lucky to win, Port were lucky.
Four average teams left and it will be the least anticipated GF in years but I hope Port make it and win it.
Gladiator GIF

God you’re a sook.

Brisbane aren’t average, they’re just a game after being 44 points down. Sydney had a legitimate home final and beat a good side also. Geelong obliterated Port on the road, what else can they do? Port smashed Hawthorn in the first quarter and set the tone.

It will not be the least anticipated GF in years, the least anticipated are the big 4 circle jerking GF appearances where Collingwood and Richmond get to play home GF against interstate sides.

Just go to the Richmond board you big quince.
"Quince"

Lol

Brisbane are average, should hsve got beat.
Geelong played one good final so far, Sydney were very lucky to win, Port were lucky.
Four average teams left and it will be the least anticipated GF in years but I hope Port make it and win it.

How many good finals should Geelong have played to get to the preliminary final so far? 2, from the 1 match we’ve played? Invented our own wildcard round and played 3 matches? Staged an intraclub match with our VfL team? Taken on the Melbourne Storm in a superbowl style clash?

Why is it we get this same thread every single season and it's fans of the shittest teams making them? Aristotle Pickett it's been a great season, it's Richmond who has been historically bad this year.

1726356942135.png

Maybe Collingwood should have been better and played finals.

So what’s a strong season in your opinion?

If Collingwood with Daicos, thought they had one of the best teams of all time, and were due for a dynasty, surely that same Collingwood team that finished 9th this year, proves that this year was that MUCH better then last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say what we are seeing with every further justification from the OP is someone who is increasingly desperate to find something to justify his stance as he encounters more and more people who disagree with it and recognise that he’s essentially telling the world ‘my team performed like a bag of wet mice this year, ergo I don’t like football.’

I’d say what we are seeing with every further justification from the OP is someone who is increasingly desperate to find something to justify his stance as he encounters more and more people who disagree with it and recognise that he’s essentially telling the world ‘my team performed like a bag of wet mice this year, ergo I don’t like football.’
Look at it this way. How do each of the remaining 4 teams compare to their last premiership team?

strange season with various teams looking good then dramatically falling away due to various reasons. there is not one team looking as if they were certainties to make the grand finals. its a flip of a COIN who will win it at the mcg which is vastly different to their home grounds

strange season with various teams looking good then dramatically falling away due to various reasons. there is not one team looking as if they were certainties to make the grand finals. its a flip of a COIN who will win it at the mcg which is vastly different to their home grounds
And for the first time in a while the MCG won’t be a home ground advantage for either side.

Look at it this way. How do each of the remaining 4 teams compare to their last premiership team?
Well Geelong might be very similar. Thats all we can judge given Sydney, Port and Brisbane won over 10 years ago.

What are you getting at here? It’s going to likely be an excellent GF. The majority of GF we see are Victorian clubs blowing out there interstate opponents. Boring.

Well Geelong might be very similar. Thats all we can judge given Sydney, Port and Brisbane won over 10 years ago.

What are you getting at here? It’s going to likely be an excellent GF. The majority of GF we see are Victorian clubs blowing out there interstate opponents. Boring.

Its going to be Geelong and Sydney which was a complete blowout just 2 years ago, yeah really excellent…

Its going to be Geelong and Sydney which was a complete blowout just 2 years ago, yeah really excellent…

Let's say that is the Grand Final , there is no reason it is the same result again.

Are you deliberately stupid or is it an act?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back