Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whenever we don't have any of the real big foundation clubs in the last 2 weeks of finals with the large supporter bases it does make thge post-season feel a little bit irrelevant. Hawthorn isn't quite the same, but atleast they made it interesting and had some character.

As much as I dislike Carlton, it would have made the Finals a bit more interesting having them stick around. Right now it seems like we are in a bit of a holding pattern waiting for next season to start. Geelong, Sydney, Port and Brisbane is a bit of a snooze fest in terms of relevancy.

Whenever we don't have any of the real big foundation clubs in the last 2 weeks of finals with the large supporter bases it does make thge post-season feel a little bit irrelevant. Hawthorn isn't quite the same, but atleast they made it interesting and had some character.

As much as I dislike Carlton, it would have made the Finals a bit more interesting having them stick around. Right now it seems like we are in a bit of a holding pattern waiting for next season to start. Geelong, Sydney, Port and Brisbane is a bit of a snooze fest in terms of relevancy.
Don't hide that superiority complex.

Whenever we have any of the real big foundation clubs in the last 2 weeks of finals with the large supporter bases it does make the post-season feel a little bit irrelevant. Hawthorn is the same.

As much we all dislike Carlton, it wouldn't have made the Finals any more interesting having them stick around. Right now it seems like we are on the cusp of the most tantalising final two weeks in a long time. Geelong, Sydney, Port and Brisbane are all very realistic chances to win the 2024 Australian Football League premiership and given there is a mere cigarette paper between the four of them, the eventual premier will truly be deserving of the title.
Not bad, but I've gone in and just made a few tweaks.

...because the big 4 Vic teams were sh1t, this finals series is now illegitimate. heck off!

Doggies vs Hawks got +90k at the MCG. SGC, GABBA and AO packed to the rafters The only let down was Giants stadium which if moved to Canberra would have also filled out.

...because the big 4 Vic teams were sh1t, this finals series is now illegitimate. heck off!

Doggies vs Hawks got +90k at the MCG. SGC, GABBA and AO packed to the rafters The only let down was Giants stadium which if moved to Canberra would have also filled out.
Not just referring to Vic Teams.

One club in the top 8 for memberships left in finals just leaves it feeling a bit meh at the moment.

I’d say it’s the worst because the ‘in-game’ manipulation by the umpires, which has gone on all year. Obviously a directive from the top to keep games exciting and as close as possible. Personally, I don’t like it. I’d like to see football played fairly, and on its merit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not worst season of AFL in a while but to me its a situation where we all know the competition is about to get plenty worse in the next 5

A little bit about the insane overreaction to Harley Reid is the mere fact not as many great young players are coming through as they used to. We all know we are walking into a absolute dynasty situation for clubs like Sydney/Brisbane/Gold Coast/GWS and a situation where Eagles/North/Richmond/St Kilda have absolutely zero hope for the future.

The salary cap is just a absolute shambles at present. None of these dynasties will be broken up cos the increases are too high in too short a period of time

A Sydney vs Brisbane Grand Final, if it happens is a bad sign for the competitiom, especially when we know we have 5 years of it to cone.

How do we get excited for the next 5 years when we already know what will happen during it? Im certainly not as a Eagles fan

The finals series has been better than the H&A season, I was getting bored of the year & I cancelled my Kayo three quarters through the year not gonna lie. umpiring gets worse every year

It's a good thing Channel 7 shows all the finals.

Not worst season of AFL in a while but to me its a situation where we all know the competition is about to get plenty worse in the next 5

A little bit about the insane overreaction to Harley Reid is the mere fact not as many great young players are coming through as they used to. We all know we are walking into a absolute dynasty situation for clubs like Sydney/Brisbane/Gold Coast/GWS and a situation where Eagles/North/Richmond/St Kilda have absolutely zero hope for the future.

The salary cap is just a absolute shambles at present. None of these dynasties will be broken up cos the increases are too high in too short a period of time

A Sydney vs Brisbane Grand Final, if it happens is a bad sign for the competitiom, especially when we know we have 5 years of it to cone.

How do we get excited for the next 5 years when we already know what will happen during it? Im certainly not as a Eagles fan
5 years into the future, you can predict?

Morons are getting dumber.

5 years into the future, you can predict?

Morons are getting dumber.
Yes. Similar to say Penrith Panthers. You get situations where teams are so far ahead of everyone, it's something that's very easy to predict.

Similar situation in NFL with Kansas City Chiefs and NBA with Boston Celtics. This isnt something we can miss

AFL heading to that scenario

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you including Richmond - who aren’t a foundation club - in that? You’ve mentioned also Hawthorn, who aren’t a foundation club, as well.

So basically whenever Carlton, Collingwood, or Essendon aren’t involved, it’s not worth following.

Well f**k, as hard as Collingwood have tried to prop up the Christmas tree in the last 30 years, it has been a F**KING boring three decades hasn’t it????

I reckon 5 years ago in 2019 people were saying similar , that Richmond were winning again , here come GWS etc.

It never just happens like that. Look at Hawthorn this year , came from no where. Eagles for instance could easily win a flag in the next 5 years if things go right.

Are you including Richmond - who aren’t a foundation club - in that? You’ve mentioned also Hawthorn, who aren’t a foundation club, as well.

So basically whenever Carlton, Collingwood, or Essendon aren’t involved, it’s not worth following.

Well f**k, as hard as Collingwood have tried to prop up the Christmas tree in the last 30 years, it has been a F**KING boring three decades hasn’t it????
Posted elsewhere not just Vic teams, and also not just the big 4.

There are attractive matchups that don't include large clubs. Even from this finals crop of teams:
  • GWS vs. Bulldogs Prelim :fire:
  • GWS vs. Sydney GF :fire:
  • Geelong vs. Hawthorn GF :fire:
  • Hawthorn vs. Sydney Prelim :fire:
  • Carlton vs. Anyone in GF or Prelim :fire:

The upside of having the bigger clubs, E.g., West Coast, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond is they can play anyone and it feels pretty big.

Instead we get Wish.com finals. Geelong vs. Brisbane and Sydney vs. Port.. Awesome....

Posted elsewhere not just Vic teams, and also not just the big 4.

There are attractive matchups that don't include large clubs. Even from this finals crop of teams:
  • GWS vs. Bulldogs Prelim :fire:
  • GWS vs. Sydney GF :fire:
  • Geelong vs. Hawthorn GF :fire:
  • Hawthorn vs. Sydney Prelim :fire:
  • Carlton vs. Anyone in GF or Prelim :fire:

The upside of having the bigger clubs, E.g., West Coast, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond is they can play anyone and it feels pretty big.

Instead we get Wish.com finals. Geelong vs. Brisbane and Sydney vs. Port.. Awesome....

lol in your opinion, you assume of course last year watching collingwood was a joy and not just watching an average team scrape home constantly with a cushy draw.

Perhaps you are just talking complete shite.

lol in your opinion, you assume of course last year watching collingwood was a joy and not just watching an average team scrape home constantly with a cushy draw.

Perhaps you are just talking complete shite.
Nope.

Carlton's finals run last year were all bangers. GWS vs. Sydney QF this year was a banger. Hawks vs. Dogs was a banger.

Sydney vs. Port, Geelong vs. Brisbane and the ensuing GF matchups, Snore-Fest. The year has wrapped up at this point, seems irrelevant tbh.

Nope.

Carlton's finals run last year were all bangers. GWS vs. Sydney QF this year was a banger. Hawks vs. Dogs was a banger.

Sydney vs. Port, Geelong vs. Brisbane and the ensuing GF matchups, Snore-Fest. The year has wrapped up at this point, seems irrelevant tbh.
In your opinion.

Time to stop banging on about it and we'll see you next year.

Plenty of people will be interested in 4 states being in contention and a break from MCG tenants fronting up at home every week.

Nope.

Carlton are definitely a banger team come finals... You definitely got one up on everyone in this thread with that logic

This is why Richmond was emasculated though, the AFL and the non-Richmond fans didn't want one stand out team, and now we have none since 2021.

The AFL really has been average since 2021. How else can you explain Melbourne (they were supposed to be a dynasty), Geelong (miss finals after flag), Collingwood (miss finals after flag), it really is a sad state of affairs. They really should of let the Tigers go about their buisness so the other teams could try and get better and win a flag that way, not create an environment where shit teams can win flags, it's just not right.
Spot on.

Brisbane, Hawthorn and Geelong naturally stopped scooping up flags in quick succession, but the AFL had to intervene to stop the most mighty and dangerous dynasty of all time: 2017-2020 Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back