Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

I know for a fact he did a physical with us when we played Sydney in the last round. We're into him more than Port are. Luko likely to go to Port if he chooses to leave Suns.
My intel was that Cummings has met with both clubs, wants to come to SA (for the reasons stated by Morris re his girlfriend) and Port sold it better to him than we did. That's what I was told directly by someone who would know (you join the dots).

I'm afraid you're wrong with this aspect when negotiating

Rubbish

1. Hw is contracted
2. The assumption they need to move him in to bring in Rioli is wrong
3. GC have told him, they are happy for him to stay if the right deal can’t be done, but GC will require adequate compensation

People need rk deal with facts not fantasy trading

There will be no salary cap dunk deal

There will be no 2nd round deal

Both Luko and GC want the right deal for GC, or it won’t get done, and GC has all the hand.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rubbish

1. Hw is contracted
2. The assumption they need to move him in to bring in Rioli is wrong
3. GC have told him, they are happy for him to stay if the right deal can’t be done, but GC will require adequate compensation

People need rk deal with facts not fantasy trading

There will be no salary cap dunk deal

There will be no 2nd round deal

Both Luko and GC want the right deal for GC, or it won’t get done, and GC has all the hand.

Strike 2

I would suspect they start tomorrow and had Mad Monday today

Its a testament to how well run our club has been in recent years as we get our mad Monday out of the way in the back end of August to free September right up and not interrupt the Royal show week for families...THE family friendly club you could call us

My intel was that Cummings has met with both clubs, wants to come to SA (for the reasons stated by Morris re his girlfriend) and Port sold it better to him than we did. That's what I was told directly by someone who would know (you join the dots).

I did say we were into him more than Port were. That's not to say he's into Port more than us. I guess we'll find out in the next week or so.

I’ve heard his preference is to stay at GC, but that could be the narrative until he’s either pushed, or he has confidence that a trade will get done.

Not sure how Pprt get a trade done, because despite some views on here GC won’t accept a 2nd round pick, and Port are only considering trading Houston to get back into the 1st round of this draft, they have no intention to use it as trade capital.

I suspect Port will hope for 2 first rounders - which I doubt they will get.

Alternatively - and more likely - getting a first round pick for this draft will allow them to off load a future first for Luko

Then next year they are allowed to trade 2 years ahead so can try and get back into 2025 draft then

As much as we bag their list they had 5 under 23 players in the finals team of the week - and they can keep collecting pieces until it finally clicks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Alternatively - and more likely - getting a first round pick for this draft will allow them to off load a future first for Luko

Then next year they are allowed to trade 2 years ahead so can try and get back into 2025 draft then

As much as we bag their list they had 5 under 23 players in the finals team of the week - and they can keep collecting pieces until it finally clicks

As much as we laugh at hinkley, reality is with an all in midfield and journeymen everywhere else they have made what, 3 prelims in 4 years?. I'd swap nicks for him in a heartbeat. Maybe invest this draft and next years likely low end finish draft picks on top end mids and hope for a coaching change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you hope for and what you get are two very different things

I would be amazed if a club gives up two first rounders for Houston, he’s obviously a good player but that’s too much trade capital for Houston

My mail is that we have been confident since early in the year that we have had him locked away.

We also have the strongest offer on the table.

Port has 7 year deal for Perryman which limits what they can do for Cumming

What you hope for and what you get are two very different things

I would be amazed if a club gives up two first rounders for Houston, he’s obviously a good player but that’s too much trade capital for Houston

two picks in the teens is about right or one pick around 8

hes a dual AA

My mail is that we have been confident since early in the year that we have had him locked away.

We also have the strongest offer on the table.

Port has 7 year deal for Perryman which limits what they can do for Cumming

I think we can both be right. If port want him, he’s there’s. But I expect Perryman and Houston will affect things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back