Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

As a club though Port are more skittish being talked about in the media. They try and suppress where they can. Clas example - if story Houston is going to leave for the last few minor rounds but a week or so before finals Houston comes and says definitely staying. Two weeks later the media are still all over he is going.
Port want minimal distractions while they chase the big prize - and fair enough

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree with this , you barely ever see their list manager in media or even recruiting manager

Hamish is good at media and almost revels in it

But port seem to be low key in the background getting stuff done

As a club though Port are more skittish being talked about in the media. They try and suppress where they can. Clas example - if story Houston is going to leave for the last few minor rounds but a week or so before finals Houston comes and says definitely staying. Two weeks later the media are still all over he is going.
Port want minimal distractions while they chase the big prize - and fair enough

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Houston probably want to stay but be paid what he is worth given the significant CBA increase in the next few years, I think he got hold of the news that they were into Perryman and going to bring him in on big money.

Ok seriously I think it will be bond that misses out in the early season. We'll only have room for 1 small defender which will be michalanney.

We can't be playing berry laird and crouch if we want to be winning

And if we're still playing Murphy, then things have gone dire
I think ANB comes in for Murphy, Bond probably slips to sub instead of Jones.

If Berry shows the ability to take the ground ball first time, he probably keeps his spot and Crouch falls out.

Laird..... who knows.

I think ANB comes in for Murphy, Bond probably slips to sub instead of Jones.

If Berry shows the ability to take the ground ball first time, he probably keeps his spot and Crouch falls out.

Laird..... who knows.
Murphy has to be relieved of his leadership status if we want any hope of him missing games. (Shouldn’t be in there anyway)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hearing if he comes he’s been earmarked for a half back role

That’s his best and more preferrred role , was pushed out by Kingsley preferring Whitfield and Ash in that role
Smith replacement who we can then delist.

I fail to see why it's guaranteed that Port have him simply because he didn't nominate them.

Seriously between that and the other option which is that he has offers from both clubs and is turning up the heat on one of the clubs to add something else to their offer before he locks in his choice which do you think is more likely?

He may well pick Port but that doesn't mean he has picked them already.

He might have also picked them already but is waiting to see if the Crows come in with a last ditch improvement.

People talking like it's locked in are fools

I fail to see why it's guaranteed that Port have him simply because he didn't nominate them.

Seriously between that and the other option which is that he has offers from both clubs and is turning up the heat on one of the clubs to add something else to their offer before he locks in his choice which do you think is more likely?

He may well pick Port but that doesn't mean he has picked them already.

He might have also picked them already but is waiting to see if the Crows come in with a last ditch improvement.

People talking like it's locked in are fools
100% agree.
I cannot understand why we needed to say all season how aggressive we will be in trade period. Unless you had some guaranteed players coming in.
Should always be aggressive but just let the trades do the talking.

Frustrating as a fan, hopefully a random reason to why Cumming didn’t nominate us yet.

Ok seriously I think it will be bond that misses out in the early season. We'll only have room for 1 small defender which will be michalanney.

We can't be playing berry laird and crouch if we want to be winning

And if we're still playing Murphy, then things have gone dire
Berry I get. But how does not playing Crouch and Laird improve our chances of winning?

Both are top 10 players this year (by any ranking mechanism), and Crouch should be again next year with Laird still top 20.

You could argue that "playing the kids" helps us in future years, but dropping Crouch and Laird for our 24th and 25th best player (and 31st and 32nd after injuries kick in) doesn't help us win in the current year.

You could argue that "playing the kids" helps us in future years, but dropping Crouch and Laird for our 24th and 25th best player (and 31st and 32nd after injuries kick in) doesn't help us win in the current year.
Playing Laird and Crouch didn’t help us win in the current year either? Of course playing the kids helps us for the future, that’s what a proper rebuild entails lol

Playing Laird and Crouch didn’t help us win in the current year either? Of course playing the kids helps us for the future, that’s what a proper rebuild entails lol
We won 8 games this year. It would have been less if we dropped Crouch and Laird.

I mentioned the current year, as the comment I responded to seemed to be referring to the impact of Crouch and Laird on current year winning. If I have misinterpreted, I apologise.

I also think that giving the kids experience in winning AFL games is better than just giving them AFL games. So, in my opinion, playing the right balance of experienced players and kids is a better path to success than playing all the kids all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back