Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

We won 8 games this year. It would have been less if we dropped Crouch and Laird.

I mentioned the current year, as the comment I responded to seemed to be referring to the impact of Crouch and Laird on current year winning. If I have misinterpreted, I apologise.

I also think that giving the kids experience in winning AFL games is better than just giving them AFL games. So, in my opinion, playing the right balance of experienced players and kids is a better path to success than playing all the kids all the time.
Did you see how many direct turnover Laird did when he was moved to HB after stinking in the midfield? As worst as Smith who had to apologies after the GCS game.

Last edited:
We won 8 games this year. It would have been less if we dropped Crouch and Laird.

I mentioned the current year, as the comment I responded to seemed to be referring to the impact of Crouch and Laird on current year winning. If I have misinterpreted, I apologise.

I also think that giving the kids experience in winning AFL games is better than just giving them AFL games. So, in my opinion, playing the right balance of experienced players and kids is a better path to success than playing all the kids all the time.
I’m not as hot on Crouch, but to my (and many others) eyes, Laird’s experience is not only useless but a complete detriment to the team, in regards to both output and attitude. I cannot see how playing alongside him benefits any of our younger players

I’m not as hot on Crouch, but to my (and many others) eyes, Laird’s experience is not only useless but a complete detriment to the team, in regards to both output and attitude. I cannot see how playing alongside him benefits any of our younger players
And yet he's top 10 in coach's votes for us, which is about positive impact on the game.

I'm all for him staying in the backline for most of the game, and I think the end is coming quickly. But playing him gives us a much better chance of winning than playing someone at the very fringes.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet he's top 10 in coach's votes for us, which is about positive impact on the game.

I'm all for him staying in the backline for most of the game, and I think the end is coming quickly. But playing him gives us a much better chance of winning than playing someone at the very fringes.
Not sure I’d be putting much weight on his coaches votes this year

10 votes vs North
4 votes vs WC
5 votes v Saints

His stagnant, stat padding game style means he’s arguably worse at half back than he is in the middle, he seems completely incapable of creating meaningful attacking play anymore. If we get Cumming, Laird is absolutely who he should be replacing (fat chance though)

I’m hearing if he comes he’s been earmarked for a half back role

That’s his best and more preferrred role , was pushed out by Kingsley preferring Whitfield and Ash in that role
Good move

I wonder where Milera plays ? .....and how do we squeeze Laird into that backline, I'm not enthused

Your track record isn’t exactly the best
Chris Davies has applied for the role @ Richmond replacing Gale but missed out and apparently has now applied for the Collingwood job… just what I have heard think he is keen to get back to Victoria
Burgess is off to Carlton to replace Andrew Russell.... was told this about 3 weeks ago... seems be gaining momentum.
These haven’t been far off. Can only pass on what I have been told and they aren’t from Joe blogs down the road.

He's no longer elite, and will have clangers. But Curtin gave up 6 goals in 3 quarters of football. That's a different level (but I'd still play Curtin, because he WILL be elite).
Curtin is young and inexperience, Laird turnovers were panic and same as what Smith did against GCS so he is going down the Smith route.

Curtin is young and inexperience, Laird turnovers were panic and same as what Smith did against GCS so he is going down the Smith route.
Laird's loss of pace, makes him an ordinary player ....that's only going to get worse from here

Then its Nank

He moves to the emergencies

Bond Murphy Dowling Sholl wont be best 22 either IMO if we get all of our targets
Sholl is our equivalent to Langdon ....runs point post to point post ....his contested game is miles better now

He's our #1 Wingmen

I agree, the others are on notice .....IMO Dowling has to move, in my mind, past the Lyons caparison

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back