Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Good move

I wonder where Milera plays ? .....and how do we squeeze Laird into that backline, I'm not enthused
I am, because Laird should be playing SANFL with Milera

Honestly I know nothing about Cumming as a player. I don’t watch enough of GWS to have an opinion on him. Should we be disappointed if he chooses Port? Will he make us better?

Honestly I know nothing about Cumming as a player. I don’t watch enough of GWS to have an opinion on him. Should we be disappointed if he chooses Port? Will he make us better?
Yes he will. Excellent off the HBF or wing and fast.

Gettable had David Trotter on:

Cumming- Hasn't made his decision yet, seems he is waiting until Port finish and then will have a final meeting with both clubs and make his decision. Maker of that what you will.
Trotter actually said Cumming already met with both clubs, but will have a final chat over the next couple of weeks and make the call. Ideally wanted to stay at GWS but it sounds like the contract they offered forced his hand to explore the market. Both he and his partner's families live in Adelaide too.

The Crows are confident he will select them due to reasons already widely talked about (Tex relationship, discussions over 2 years), but like with Dawson he isn't discounting Port just yet (and it would be stupid to at this point, what if the Perryman deal falls over and they can up their offer?).

Trotter actually said Cumming already met with both clubs, but will have a final chat over the next couple of weeks and make the call. Ideally wanted to stay at GWS but it sounds like the contract they offered forced his hand to explore the market. Both he and his partner's families live in Adelaide too.

The Crows are confident he will select them due to reasons already widely talked about (Tex relationship, discussions over 2 years), but like with Dawson he isn't discounting Port just yet (and it would be stupid to at this point, what if the Perryman deal falls over and they can up their offer?).
The key point here is the order of his next talks to Crows and Port.
Hopefully, he goes to Port first and us second. Then we would be favourites.
We need someone camped in front of both clubs in the week after Port get knocked out. ;)

The depressing thing is that Battle and Barrass have both quickly nominated the Hawks and that gets rid of any white noise and supporter doubt. It would have been nice for Cumming to have just done the same thing if we truly have been into him with a big offer, but no, nothing is so easy for us. It would be nice to be the hawks in this regard.

The depressing thing is that Battle and Barrass have both quickly nominated the Hawks and that gets rid of any white noise and supporter doubt. It would have been nice for Cumming to have just done the same thing if we truly have been into him with a big offer, but no, nothing is so easy for us. It would be nice to be the hawks in this regard.
What does it matter? It's just a repeat Dawson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does it matter? It's just a repeat Dawson.
I mean that for hawthorn, it just falls into place and people climb over themselves to want to play for them, like Battle and Barrass. I would love us to like that and get a guy like Cumming to have just done that early too so we know he is coming (as a supporter base) and then look at what else the club may be doing in the trade period.

Think Jones is a case of awful development, showed he had the traits to be an impact player in his draft year but never lived up to what he could be

Now McHenry was bad drafting
Reckon he’s like nick’s coaching, the small spike is the outlier the other 4/5 years are the norm.

Lots of jumping at shadows here. Not coming immediately out and nominating one club straight away is common. Why nominate one club when you can play two clubs against each other and drive your price up a bit?
Nobody should be bagging him for this. It's in his best interest he does this. Probably same thing for luko. We'd also do it to if our own services were required by a few companies.

im not worried about that one at all

luko is far more speculative
Cumming is not unlike the Dawson situation, check both clubs out and then make a choice.
With you here, not worried about this one.
All for adding more size and speed to our ball movement also which is why Cumming is (all going well) a good get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back