Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

The depressing thing is that Battle and Barrass have both quickly nominated the Hawks and that gets rid of any white noise and supporter doubt. It would have been nice for Cumming to have just done the same thing if we truly have been into him with a big offer, but no, nothing is so easy for us. It would be nice to be the hawks in this regard.
Well ANB did.........

Think Jones is a case of awful development, showed he had the traits to be an impact player in his draft year but never lived up to what he could be

Now McHenry was bad drafting

Might get smashed for this as I am pretty sure he is a good bloke. From afar to me Jones failed because of character flaws. Too introverted and in his own head to make a successful AFL career - and has an extremely low footy IQ for the level.
Or he isn’t very intelligent if it’s not his footy IQ

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Might get smashed for this as I am pretty sure he is a good bloke. From afar to me Jones failed because of character flaws. Too introverted and in his own head to make a successful AFL career - and has an extremely low footy IQ for the level.

Would suggest the former, he was dicked around a fair bit to start which obviously didn't help.

I think the AFC do a bad job aligning a players strength and character with the footballing direction and philosophy of the club.

Jones was made to question the player and person he was and to curb his natural instincts. This invariably broke the player for good. He was broken down and rebuilt as an average player handicapped within the unnatural style and limits imposed on him by coaching staff, instead of the player he could have been if encouraged to be who he was and to play to his natural instincts.

Honestly I know nothing about Cumming as a player. I don’t watch enough of GWS to have an opinion on him. Should we be disappointed if he chooses Port? Will he make us better?
Yes, and yes.

I prefer Cumming to Perryman. Faster and can run and carry. The only query for me is the soft tissue injuries, he’s missed a lot of football this year.

I suppose that we need to back in our fitness staff to get him right. If so, he’ll be a good addition.

Smith is gone and I’ve just about given up on Milera. Michealanny is a lock and Nankervis and Hinge have versatility to play elsewhere. As does Cumming btw.

Honestly I know nothing about Cumming as a player. I don’t watch enough of GWS to have an opinion on him. Should we be disappointed if he chooses Port? Will he make us better?

Apples, good footy IQ and elite ball user, IMO has AA potential at HB

This year he has had injury issues but prior to this year he’s been healthy

GWS obviously rate him, they offered a 4 year deal and had no hesitation in selecting him for finals after a long spell with injuries

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apples, good footy IQ and elite ball user, IMO has AA potential at HB

This year he has had injury issues but prior to this year he’s been healthy

GWS obviously rate him, they offered a 4 year deal and had no hesitation in selecting him for finals after a long spell with injuries

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
His marking would be an asset across half back or on the wing also.

Yes, and yes.

I prefer Cumming to Perryman. Faster and can run and carry. The only query for me is the soft tissue injuries, he’s missed a lot of football this year.

I suppose that we need to back in our fitness staff to get him right. If so, he’ll be a good addition.

Smith is gone and I’ve just about given up on Milera. Michealanny is a lock and Nankervis and Hinge have versatility to play elsewhere. As does Cumming btw.
hes also more contested and better overhead than perryman

if he stays fit he will be good but a bit worried about the body

Its an interesting dynamic between cumming and Perryman at the moment.
I wonder if they are good mates.
They could be working together to get to the same place, but also actively conspiring against each other in terms of maximising their $ value, and pitting one club against another. Maybe both are waiting for the other to be announced.

They could be working together to get to the same place, but also actively conspiring against each other in terms of maximising their $ value, and pitting one club against another. Maybe both are waiting for the other to be announced.
If the reported value for Perryman is correct and it's Port Power who is offering him 7 years at $850K then it has worked for him.

I'm not sure Perryman has even confirmed that he wants to explore FA as yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back