Moonos21

Debutant
Jul 30, 2007
Newport, VIC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golf
Just moved back from Japan to Oz and want to get the internet hooked up ASAP. Back in Japan I had a 100 mbps connection with unlimited downloading and was only paying about $40. I know I'm not going to get anything like that here, but any advice on the best ISP and plan would be appreciated. Don't want to spend an arm an a leg for unlimited downloading, so looking for a plan with a dl limit of around 30 gig. I live in Newport in Vic.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Prepared to be disappointed.

Whirlpool is the best place for you to be looking. Great advice on it all and it's Australian.

The TPG deals look pretty good.

Not sure of the comparisons, but Internode have always been pretty good to me, and they have a 30GB plan.

I'd also give serious consideration to IInet's naked DSL plans if you can get them. The BIG benefit being no phone line rental and cheap phone calls - you'll make big savings compared to using Telstra or Optus et al.

Whoever you choose, do not go with Bigpond, Optus or iPrimus.

As already mentioned, its a bit of rude shock coming back to Oz and finding the the really pathetic plans that are on offer compared to O/S.

Not sure of the comparisons, but Internode have always been pretty good to me, and they have a 30GB plan.

I'd also give serious consideration to IInet's naked DSL plans if you can get them. The BIG benefit being no phone line rental and cheap phone calls - you'll make big savings compared to using Telstra or Optus et al.

As already mentioned, its a bit of rude shock coming back to Oz and finding the the really pathetic plans that are on offer compared to O/S.

Keep in mind that their Naked DSL plans include UPLOADS as part of your quota.

Thanks for the advice. TPG and internode both look the best of a bad bunch. I remember when I signed up in Japan. High speed, 100mbps, unlimited dling, when I signed up I got a 50% discount on the first 6 months so was only paying $25 a month, plus free connection and a free modem!

Thanks for the advice. TPG and internode both look the best of a bad bunch. I remember when I signed up in Japan. High speed, 100mbps, unlimited dling, when I signed up I got a 50% discount on the first 6 months so was only paying $25 a month, plus free connection and a free modem!

That's it, screw this country I'm moving to Japan!

or still not having adsl2 at my exchange and being only ten minutes from the city:mad:

That's it, screw this country I'm moving to Japan!
Meh - its not that good, my old ISP in France provided that PLUS 100+ free TV channels (+150 more subscription channels) as well as free phone calls throughout France and to 70 different countries (including Australia). All for around $50 p/month.

Remove this Banner Ad

ISP Recommendations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back