It's time to see Luke Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown or Stiffy to come in, Martin onto a wing with Mackay on the other and Jaensch to HFF. Seems logical. But one has to drop out and it might need to be one of those I mentioned moving

May as well. Lets see if he is up to it. Looks to have an AFL body.

In lieu of us not having someone who is performing in the role, its a great opportunity to develop him on the job (so to speak).

At worst he gives us the same output as Jaensch and Martin, I would have thought.

With Johncock out and our small defenders down on form, it looks like now or never for Brown in 2012.
Is Stiffy injured?

Would like to see Brown in Crows colours, but is he ahead of Smith at this stage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Stiffy injured?

Would like to see Brown in Crows colours, but is he ahead of Smith at this stage?

probably not. i reckon browny played better football last yr than he has this yr. he's had a few minor injury setbacks this season... and i don't think i'd call him an out and out defender either as some here have described him.

Is Stiffy injured?

Was injured and missed last week. This week the selectors decided he wasn't fit enough, having barely trained since the injury occurred 2 weeks ago.

I'd be more than happy to see both Smith & Brown selected this week, at the expense of Martin & Jaensch (who were both nothing short of terrible).

Was injured and missed last week. This week the selectors decided he wasn't fit enough, having barely trained since the injury occurred 2 weeks ago.

I'd be more than happy to see both Smith & Brown selected this week, at the expense of Martin & Jaensch (who were both nothing short of terrible).
Don't believe in wholesale changes after 1 bad loss & Brown needs to demand selection.

Smith in for Martin if Stiffy isn't right (Jaensch has built up more credit points).

After ten quality possessions for the Magpies it's time for Stiffy to bring out the Gold Pass.
Am I right in saying that you think senior players need mutiple SANFL games to prove themselves ready again?

How about younger players? Players like Lyons who had 3+ weeks in the bests?

After ten quality possessions for the Magpies it's time for Stiffy to bring out the Gold Pass.
Johncock was allegedly played in the SANFL in order to regain fitness, having missed 2 weeks of training due to injury. If the Coaching staff are to be believed then he should return this week, with his SANFL form being largely irrelevant. If he's not named in the Crows team this week then it's safe to say that fitness was not the only reason for his non-selection last Thursday.

I'm still keen on Kerridge. Looks like he's been playing alright the last couple of weeks. Can't remember him doing anything particularly wrong when he got a chance at the start of the year. Has seemed to drop right off the radar. Could provide plenty of pace and hardness off the HB line.

I'm still keen on Kerridge. Looks like he's been playing alright the last couple of weeks. Can't remember him doing anything particularly wrong when he got a chance at the start of the year. Has seemed to drop right off the radar. Could provide plenty of pace and hardness off the HB line.

I havent seen any of Kerridge in the SANFL (living OS), but I've been watching his stats from week to week and it doesnt look as though he's been setting the world on fire. Can anyone who sees a bit of Sturt shed any light on his role there and how he's been playing?

I havent seen any of Kerridge in the SANFL (living OS), but I've been watching his stats from week to week and it doesnt look as though he's been setting the world on fire. Can anyone who sees a bit of Sturt shed any light on his role there and how he's been playing?

I too rely mostly on second hand info when it comes to SANFL games, so if anyone can shed some light please do so. Seems though that SANFL form counts for little when it comes to getting selected.

Johncock was allegedly played in the SANFL in order to regain fitness, having missed 2 weeks of training due to injury. If the Coaching staff are to be believed then he should return this week, with his SANFL form being largely irrelevant. If he's not named in the Crows team this week then it's safe to say that fitness was not the only reason for his non-selection last Thursday.

Or he still isn't fit enough....1 game does not make someone fit

just ask Port

Stiffy looks to have a fair verandah over the toolshed to be honest, perhaps it was the "famous prison bars jumper" (why you would be proud of prison bars is another issue).

Watched the WA v Nwd game on telly, was a bit of a snoozefest until last 10 minutes, Brown was serviceable without being great and demanding selection, but he does look like a natural defender, knows where to stand, how to block & protect space etc

Remove this Banner Ad

It's time to see Luke Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back