Backfire It's Titanic Week:109th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. It's a very emotional time of year. How will you be honouring Titanic week?

Remove this Banner Ad

They did a very hitech and rigorous experiment.

I think the debate is now over.
Pffft, it was all made up on somebody's computer

Its okay to admit you were wrong.

I and Dinsdale have admitted here on a few occasions in the past when we were wrong, ironically never one retraction from you Betty Louise, even against insurmountable odds.

It's a two way deal Jaz x

I and Dinsdale have admitted here on a few occasions in the past when we were wrong, ironically never one retraction from you Betty Louise, even against insurmountable odds.

It's a two way deal Jaz x
Oh dear it seems you are wrong again!
(It isn't my fualt that thread didn't age particularly well)

I look forward to another deflection instead of an honourable written apology and retraction!

Happy new year everyone!

Oh dear it seems you are wrong again!
(It isn't my fualt that thread didn't age particularly well)

I look forward to another deflection instead of an honourable written apology and retraction!

Happy new year everyone!

The only apology you'll get from me is when my South East Melbourne Phoenix when they wipe the floor of your Jack Jumpers this afternoon and we are forced to wipe away your tears.

#tassiesux

The only apology you'll get from me is when my South East Melbourne Phoenix when they wipe the floor of your Jack Jumpers this afternoon and we are forced to wipe away your tears.

#tassiesux
Could you please stop being wrong now? It is getting really really embarrassing :embarrassedv1:

Starburns_ Dinsdale Elmer_Judd Wosh A Cut Above MAXIMUM GAWNAGE zackah frggr

tumblr_n5dfmazFAz1tq4of6o1_500.gif

I am feeling incredibly emotional right now after so many years of bullying and lies to have finally being proven scientifically and factually correct! I am looking forward to receiving many handwritten apologies in the coming days!
Did the stuntmen actually die though?
If not, it proves nothing.

Jazny vindicated . . .

View attachment 1579020

Flogstradamus tag thanks mods.

"We took two stunt people who were the same body mass of Kate and Leo and we put sensors all over them and inside them and we put them in ice water and we tested to see whether they could have survived through a variety of methods and the answer was, there was no way they both could have survived. Only one could survive," he said.

For a "forensic" analysis, there was exactly zero science in that article. They didn't give a single reason why they formed their conclusion. That's just bullshit.

This is how the AFL has always worked of course, claiming they have their research indicates we needed teams in Western Sydney and the Gold Coast, despite both franchises running at a loss ever since they were created around 10 years ago.

For a "forensic" analysis, there was exactly zero science in that article. They didn't give a single reason why they formed their conclusion. That's just bullshit.
They used stunt doubles.

AFL uses secret formulas mostly to determine who should get priority picks I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is the 111th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic today. I hope you guys have lit some candals and are ready to re-watch the beautiful masterpiece that is Titanic!

7i8ymt.jpg

You are exploiting this family's tragedy for your own selfish entertainment grandstanding?

NcbJhrqI7QN5mKVmkFUzJWpVXQM=.gif

7i8ymt.jpg

You are exploiting this family's tragedy for your own selfish entertainment grandstanding?

NcbJhrqI7QN5mKVmkFUzJWpVXQM=.gif
That is literally what you are doing right now

lady-duh-facepalm-e8ugo0lx1n4dx833.gif

Imagine bumping a backfire fred where you not only got pwned in the fred itself but then constantly for the following 2 years in multiple freds on the same topic? :$

Go to bed Jazny.
I am very proud of this thread and how easily I dealt with all the horrible little trolls in here.

Again, already? Where does the time go? The last anniversary seems like yesterday.

In these COVID times time is a blur.

So how was the 2023 re-release updated super hi-def version? I've never seen any versions.

It's amazing the list of coincidences with the Titanic, as well as the subsequent misfortunes of some survivors.

For example, Lord William Pirie, the Chairman of Harland and Wolf shipbuilders in Belfast, the first man to envisage on Olympic class ocean liner by means of a drawing during dinner with White Star Line Managing Director J Bruce Ismay in 1907, was born on 31 May 1847. The Titanic was launched on 31st May 1911, the same day as the Olympic left for her sea trials and maiden voyage, while Milvena Dean, the last Titanic survivor died on 31 May 2009.

Milvena Dean's older brother Bertram died on 15th April 1992, 80 years to the day after Titanic sank in 1912, while Marian Thayer who was widowed during the sinking died on 14th April 1944, 32 years after the Titanic hit the iceberg before sinking the next morning. Mrs. Thayer's death, coupled with the death of his own sons in World War II sent her eldest son Jack Thayer into a deep depression. Jack had survived the Titanic by jumping from the decks and swimming to an upturned canvas lifeboat, but was haunted by the disaster and the death of his father for years, and he took his own life on 20th September 1945, 34 years to the day after the Olympic collided with Navy ship HMS Hawke at Southhampton, the incident delaying Titanic's completion and maiden voyage to April 1912 ...

Genuine Titanic photographs are rare given her short lifespan, but thanks to a priest sailing from Southhampton to Queenstown (Cobh) in Ireland, a number of photographs of the early part of her voyage are preserved. One well-known image, later replicated by James Cameron in the 1997 movie, shows a young boy (Douglas Spedden) playing with a spinning top on the promenade deck, while his father and a friend watch. Douglas Spedden survived the sinking aged 5, but died in 1915 aged 9 when hit and killed by an automobile in Maine, the first recorded road accident death in the state.

I will admit. I only watched Titanic in full for the first time late last year.

The bit that got to me the worst was the bit where the Woman was trying to read to her children to put then to sleep. That made me cry so that was enough for me.

Fun thread, would read again. They should do a remake of Titanic like they did with The New Legends of Monkey. Jack could be a fish spirit and survive this time. Then his whore girlfriend could bone him figuratively then literally and let his carcass sink to the bottom of the ocean where the killer whale from Orca, the shark from Jaws and the moray eel from The Deep fight over the scraps while she chows down on some fresh sushi to survive.

I bet Tarantino would be interested.

Fun thread, would read again. They should do a remake of Titanic like they did with The New Legends of Monkey. Jack could be a fish spirit and survive this time. Then his whore girlfriend could bone him figuratively then literally and let his carcass sink to the bottom of the ocean where the killer whale from Orca, the shark from Jaws and the moray eel from The Deep fight over the scraps while she chows down on some fresh sushi to survive.

I bet Tarantino would be interested.
Hmmmm.
Tarantino is interested in a reboot of First Blood with Adam Driver playing the part of John Rambo.

Hmmmm.
Tarantino is interested in a reboot of First Blood with Adam Driver playing the part of John Rambo.
See. Weird shit is right up his alley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Backfire It's Titanic Week:109th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. It's a very emotional time of year. How will you be honouring Titanic week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back