Toast Ivaaaaaan

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy is seriously becoming my favourite Tiger. Just goes 100% all day. It's easy to love a bloke like Cotch and Martin, but the mullet, man, he's something else. Pure aggression. I LOVE HIM. There i said it, alright, don't judge me.

If you looked like your avatar I'm sure the love would be fully reciprocated, he is just what we needed, might teach our young rucks what it takes as well.

Nothing to be ashamed of mate - can you think of many players who left their Club with the amount of well wishes and affection as Ivan when he left us?

I'm stoked to see him really standing up - he deserves to have a solid career and have his contribution respected and appreciated.

It was because of this that I had no fears that he would do well at Richmond, all you want is to see them put in 100% and Ivan sure does that.

Maric, Martin, Cotchin, Deledio, Foley, Conca... give it 3-4 years, midfield of champions! Don't want to jump the gun, but so pumped and excited for the future

I was so impressed by his game I've been motivated to register here!

I had my doubts when we went hard for him, but after seeing him in the nab cup and now in the season proper hes proven to me we did right.

I have had him in dream team since round 1, my mates laughed at me, i'll be the one laughing tomorrow!

I thought he would be barely an upgrade on Graham and Browne too. I thought he might just provide a bit more competition for spots.

So wrong. He's shown so much more than even a glimmer of hope the other two have in their careers.

Just goes in tough and hard. You know what you'll get. That's what I love. Just a trying, consistent, reasonable ruckman.

He gets around the ground too which is so critical and, unlike Graham and Browne, can actually clunk a couple.

With the way he's playing, i can't for the life of me work out how he wouldn't have fit into your structure. Just a great trade so far on our behalf. He's a ripper.

I think you're seeing exactly why he couldn't stay mate - we have Jacobs (potential AA ruck), then Tippett, McKernan and now Jenkins; Maric would only replace Jacobs in that list, in case of injury.

We have an odd situation because of Tippett/McKernan and the versatility they give us - Maric isn't good enough to displace Jacobs, but he's too good to be a back-up Ruck in the SANFL.

I was a critic in the recruitment of Ivan, Not because i didnt want him

samnewmanohreally.gif

Think its a little unfair being critical of Graham & Browne compared to Maric
One is 26 years old and in his peak, the others are only early 20s and being expected to play like they are 5+ years older

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Angry Ivan.
If he's not winning centre bounces, then nek minnut he is taking marks in defence.
Cult hero for the mullet. Fan fave for his footy.

I see what you did there. ;):D

images

Think its a little unfair being critical of Graham & Browne compared to Maric
One is 26 years old and in his peak, the others are only early 20s and being expected to play like they are 5+ years older

As has been said, Ivan is only just a year older then Graham and I reckon Ivan has taken more overhead marks backing into the defensive 50 each match then I recall seeing Graham do over his entire career...

Maric, Martin, Cotchin, Deledio, Foley, Conca... give it 3-4 years, midfield of champions! Don't want to jump the gun, but so pumped and excited for the future

ivan is fantastic for you guys right now. quite a few adl supporters (incl me) were here saying that when you got him. i think the reality though, is that when you get to the point of challenging for a flag, you'll probably need a bit more than him. what he will do for the next 3-4 years is give your mid's their fair share of clean posession and break evens. this will be much better for their development and make you a much better side. but if you want to be winning a flag, i think you'll be happier if someone eventually overtakes him. and he's not going to make it easy for that to happen. that's the beauty of ivan, it'll have to be a very good ruckman to push him to the magoos, or the bench.

I too like those strong contested marks in defense and, as someone else said, he more often than not makes the right decision. I also like the way he can hit a target.

Love him.

I propose that his new nickname be

"Samson"

His hair seems to be the source of his strength, hope he never cuts it off

I was having similar thoughts ! Don't touch the MULLET !! ;)

Im stoked for the big man that he has been so successful with you guys. I knew you would love him.

He was my favorite player at the crows and as a result of him moving to Richmond I've actually become a bit of closet Richmond supporter. I've watched more Richmond games this year than I have in my whole life.

Umm, Graham is 25.:confused:

As has been said, Ivan is only just a year older then Graham and I reckon Ivan has taken more overhead marks backing into the defensive 50 each match then I recall seeing Graham do over his entire career...

Graham only turned 25 a couple of weeks ago, Maric is a year and a half older than him. Consider many of the reactions to getting Maric before he came to the club at the end of 2011 with people saying he was just a stop-gap ruckman and at best he would break even at a ruck contest. The guy couldn't get a game in a bottom 4 team.

Now Maric is at the age that he should peak as a player. Graham isn't at that age yet, but has been expected to play that role anyway. I'm not suggesting that Graham can click like Ivan has, but to have expected him to already I'm not entirely sure is fair. Similar story to Jamar at Melbourne.

Same goes even more so with Andrew Browne who is still only 21. For him to have played a game like he had against Essendon last year at only 20 years old should suggest that he has something to work with, we just need patience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ivaaaaaan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back