Speculation Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone's got to go out of him, Sweet and Visentini. He'd be first out the door for me. Overpaid for backup ruck when getting Sweet was enough.

He looked good early, injuries all it takes is a slight form drop for someone to take your spot
but I always thought it was strange Port convincing two rucks that want to be a number #1 to come & fight for number #1 ruck.

I would've wanted more assurances, but it's not like he can't ever get back into the side their stats very close Sweet has more hit/outs but Soldo has more to advantage n minimal disposal jump difference.

It's not like he can't ever get back into this team was what his deal 3-4 years?, not sure I would be cracking the sads just yet if I was Soldo.

Not sure what the going rate on a solid ready made ruck is, but maybe pick 36, 72, and a F4 if we're talking a swap to the Cats?

The p36 might be involved in the smith trade (unsure if we will get a compo pick for parfitt or if he ends up no compo). But a future 3rd or something id probably do.

Actually played one really good season for us and looked like a good first ruck

Then from memory he did his knee, spent a year out, and hasn’t really got back close to that level

It has been long enough now that you’d have to doubt he’s going to get back to his best
He looked really good as first ruck for us in the first half of the season this year too, before hurting his knee and missing a bit of footy. It then seemed that we brought him back a bit early and he hurt it again. In the mean time sweet hasn’t really put a foot wrong so he has lost his spot. He would still be playing first ruck with us without the injury. It will be interesting to see who is first choice next year if he stays.

I would take him on the cheap as our ruck depth is a little thin, if Tim English goes down we have to move Darcy or Lobb out of their key positions, or rely on an 18 year old at VFL level. There doesn't seem to really be any Victorian clubs crying out for a number one ruck at the minute so he is going to have to accept that he will be depth until he proves otherwise.

Could Carlton trade TDK for Petracca and then bring in Ivan to support Pittonet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate him, would have happily kept him.

He's good enough to be an AFL number 1 ruck, he just keeps getting injured at the wrong times, e.g. as soon as he's establishing himself in that role, he seems to get injured and then is back to square 1 fighting to get fit and back to form.

He's 29 next year though, and while that's still a good age for a ruck, he's probably losing time if he sits in the SANFL all 2025.

Someone's got to go out of him, Sweet and Visentini. He'd be first out the door for me. Overpaid for backup ruck when getting Sweet was enough.
Sweet worked hard on his tank in the early years and seems to cover the ground pretty well these days. I can see why he's jumped ahead of Soldo.

Soldo probably walks into the no 1 spot at West Coast and he'd be a cheap pick up for the Eagles.

Better off talking to Tom Campbell about a career as a back-up.
speaking of, Soldo to Saints to cement himself as a #2 and allow Marshall to rotate forward more?

Campbell was our 'Break Glass' ruck, otherwise our pinch-hitter was Caminiti (and before that when our whole team was dead last year, Owens lol). Hayes' knee might never hold up enough to do hit outs again - if he doesn't get moved on too.

wouldn't be the most exciting trade, but we've done dumber deals. Some random lowish pick

I honestly doubt Soldo will move and I really think it's just media bull 💩. But if he wants a no 1 ruck spot, the option would be at Geelong.. Stanley will likely retire at season's end. Conway canteven hold his body together , so the option is there... Maybe a future 3rd round pick!

Let the Merry Go Ruckman go around every year

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back