Speculation Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

He's great, but he's just always injured

The K Rock radio guys nicknamedhim the loch ness Conway. An enormous monster that no one had ever seen

For me it's a definite "no thanks" to someone like Soldo. A relative name player, comes in expecting (or being promised) the #1 ruck spot, apparently cracks the shits after being supplanted by younger alternatives and wants to leave.

It sounds like exactly what we (Geelong supporters) would want to happen (Conway and/or de Koning establishing themselves as regular AFL ruckmen), would unfold the same way for Soldo as the situation at Port which has seemingly got him so disenchanted in the first place.

I don't want anyone to come in with expectations of being the main man. If anything, I just want a Ceglar who's happy to have another year in the AFL. To me, next year is the year to back in Conway and SDK and if that doesn't work, we'll I'm not getting premiership year vibes from 2025 anyway. It's time to back the young fellas in and it's low-risk if it doesn't go well.

If we're toying around with Soldo types, well that doesn't suggest to me that the Cats have much faith in Conway getting his body right.

For me it's a definite "no thanks" to someone like Soldo. A relative name player, comes in expecting (or being promised) the #1 ruck spot, apparently cracks the shits after being supplanted by younger alternatives and wants to leave.

It sounds like exactly what we (Geelong supporters) would want to happen (Conway and/or de Koning establishing themselves as regular AFL ruckmen), would unfold the same way for Soldo as the situation at Port which has seemingly got him so disenchanted in the first place.

I don't want anyone to come in with expectations of being the main man. If anything, I just want a Ceglar who's happy to have another year in the AFL. To me, next year is the year to back in Conway and SDK and if that doesn't work, we'll I'm not getting premiership year vibes from 2025 anyway. It's time to back the young fellas in and it's low-risk if it doesn't go well.

If we're toying around with Soldo types, well that doesn't suggest to me that the Cats have much faith in Conway getting his body right.
Soldo did not want to leave Port, the issue is his glamorous missus did not like living in Adelaide (so she left)

He's got that skill that very few of us have - he's 6'7 and is reasonably mobile (for 6'7).

He'll get a couple more cracks at it. If he was cheap (ie Port pay 95% of his salary) - we'd have him back as Nank insurance. Our 2 young kids are still miles off it.
OHB so far off it, it took me a few seconds to work out who you were talking about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back