J.Fraser for L.Ball will be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? We don't need Ball. Getting him would be a great addition to our team, but we can live without him. He's leaving the Saints either way, offer them a second round pick and if they don't bite he goes to Melbourne, big deal.

It's entirely up to the Saints, do they want something for him, or nothing?

Before the news came out that he wanted to come here most Pies supporters viewed him as a luxury that might be worth going for, dunno why suddenly he's so important that we must capitulate to the Saints demands when we hold the better position.

Happy for Collingwoods midfield to not have Ball and then play them again next season smashing them everytime as Pendles watches his "hero" Lenny Hayes do a number on the chumps....again:D

Im always happy to have Collingwood about 4/5th - they arent and will not be serious flag contenders over us Dogs, Cats and now Brisbane and will still not get top draft picks to improve with...:thumbsu:

FFS Obree plays AFL??:rolleyes:

You can keep Fraser - hes a lemon along with your fleet of small, soft fwds who go missing when it matters - no thanks.

Make the Everitt deal happen or id be happy for Ball to play at the Demons for the rest of his career.

Happy for Collingwoods midfield to not have Ball and then play them again next season smashing them everytime as Pendles watches his "hero" Lenny Hayes do a number on the chumps....again:D

Im always happy to have Collingwood about 4/5th - they arent and will not be serious flag contenders over us Dogs, Cats and now Brisbane and will still not get top draft picks to improve with...:thumbsu:

You can keep Fraser - hes a lemon along with your fleet of small, soft fwds who go missing when it matters - no thanks.

Make the Everitt deal happen or id be happy for Ball to play at the Demons for the rest of his career.

Pretty much on the mark with what you said about the midfield and Frser your a Troll with the rest though

Fraser and Goldsack for Ball on trade Fraser to port or Hawthorn or to village cinemas as the popcorn boy i dont care

Pies should get ball all people say his manager is the best in the business at getting people to there preferred club

Zahki.....The fact Ball has nominated Collingwood means we have had discussions with him.

So whether you believe we want Ball or not, the club is obviously interested.

And my take on it is that we NEED Ball. O'bree is going to be 31. He is terribly underrated and has been a great servent...but we need someone else in there.

Ball, Swan, Pendlebury and O'Bree is great with Davis and Didak getting an armchair ride.

Guys like GOldsack and Macaffer have bright futures, but at this stage we have coverage in their positions. Saints don't. It's the sort of trade that makes sense.

To bloodstainedangel5....yes that is meant to be an impressive range. At 193cm, Goldsack is able to play on a smaller quicker forward like Johnson, or a versatile tall who plays small like O'Loughlin.

Saints like defenders who can play on different sorts of opponents, and zone off their man to help out. It's how they did it all year. It's why Hudghton lost his spot.

Fraser will not be at St.Kilda

IMO it will be:

Davis to WC
Ball to Pies
McKinley + Maybe something else to St.Kilda

Your not kidding are you?

Why on earth woulsd the weagles give up a promising young forward for Davis at 28 years of age?

You would struggle to get a pick in the top 25 for Davis at the moment - too old and a dud in finals

You would struggle to get a pick in the top 25 for Davis at the moment - too old and a dud in finals
Why would that be of concern to WCE or Fremantle fans?

sigh, such a bitter saints supporter. It seems 1 premiership ever has saints fans acting like s**ually frustrated 13yo's.
Don't bag our players when your very captain cry's frequently, you won't win a flag because your team is soft, more skillful yes, harder no....soft captain, soft club.

Second, Ball is a luxury, take a third or second rounder or give him to melbourne for free, not fussed either way.....

Any chump suggesting a direct swap with Ball for Davis has no idea.

Davis was AA this year and has x factor in abundance. Ball is a run of the mill in and under that struggled to make the St.Kilda side this year.

sigh, such a bitter saints supporter. It seems 1 premiership ever has saints fans acting like s**ually frustrated 13yo's.
Don't bag our players when your very captain cry's frequently, you won't win a flag because your team is soft, more skillful yes, harder no....soft captain, soft club.

Second, Ball is a luxury, take a third or second rounder or give him to melbourne for free, not fussed either way.....

Ball aint a luxury. He is a ready-made, hard nosed in and under midfielder who went pick 2 in the superdraft and WANTS to come to Collingwood.

Every side has barely 1 or 2 players like him.

Get it done Collingwood.

Haha good one idiot, Mckinley is better than ball, Leon is better than Ball how do you get McKinley and something else

Why on earth do people call other people idiots?

It is clear that a players worth is subjective. There is no set formula.

If leon Davis played alongside Aaron Davey, he would be expendable. Because we have no other of his type, he is not.

McKinley is not better than Ball in my eyes...but then again you can't compare KPF's to in and under's. If one team needs a midfielder and 1 team needs a forward, then the deal could be done based on needs.

This is a subjective thing. Everyone rates things differently.

In my mind, there is nothing more important to Collingwood than getting another in and under midfield considering O'bree is 31 soon, and Sidebottom and Beams can't be expected to shoulder the load until they are around 23 which is 4-5 years off. Not if we want to win a flag anyway.

All I agree with you is that Leon Davis is not up for trade. He is happy at Collingwood, Collingwood is happy with him...that's why he was re-signed mid-year.

But its the height of cowardice to call someone an idiot from behind a computer screen over something that is clearly subjective and depends on a person's view.

I think some Pies fans need to figure something out - the Saints don't want you getting better without them improving. Therefore, If they don't get Everitt plus pick, they would see letting Ball go to Melbourne/richmond as a better option as they would not have to face the prospect of meeting him in the finals in the next few years. Conversely, if the Pies are serious about being top 2 thenm they need to get a player like Ball who gets the footy first to complement Swan, Pendelbury, etc, and if that means giving up a promising defender you pay that price for a chance to play in the GF. Ball is in his prime - you seriously wouldn't give up Brown or Reid for him!?!

You're called id!ots because you're always expecting something for nothing. Either you're serious about winning now, or you think that you're chances are better in 3 years when (if) Brown and Reid are developed KPP's, Davis is on his way down, Lockyer and O'Bree are past it, etc. The reason Carlton traded for McLean is the same reason WCE traded for Stenglein years ago - they want to win now, and needed McLean to provide hardness and protection for the skilled mids. If the Pies want to do damage in the finals, you need players like Ball, Fev, Jolly in order to compete in finals football.

Bit off flawed logic using McLean as an example of wanting to win now when they are shopping around Fevola

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think some Pies fans need to figure something out - the Saints don't want you getting better without them improving. Therefore, If they don't get Everitt plus pick, they would see letting Ball go to Melbourne/richmond as a better option as they would not have to face the prospect of meeting him in the finals in the next few years.
Everitt + Pick? You've lost the plot. The Saints aren't out to screw Ball.

If Collingwood can deliver the Saints Andrejs Everitt, Ball will be a Magpie.

Ball is in his prime - you seriously wouldn't give up Brown or Reid for him!?!
Even Saints fans are comfortable admitting; Ball ain't in his prime. Not even close.

MacAffer was a bit nervous in the finals series. I was sitting next to my Geelong supporting mate in the Prelim, and when he took a mark inside 50 I put the mozz on him. I mentioned that (and of course I said "he'll kick this OOF now, but just saying...") MacAffer is darned close to being as good a set shot as Jack Anthony. He fluffed the kick, but I stand by the statement.

Pies really need Ball, they have too many downhill skiers. We don't need any Pies player at this point, they could only improve on our fringe players so we don't need to trade at all.

I don't know why ppl think this is any different to O'Keefe situation last yr. Don't be suprised if Ball resigns, there's no way he'll go into PSD even though I'd love to see Melbourne take him.

Pies really need Ball, they have too many downhill skiers. We don't need any Pies player at this point, they could only improve on our fringe players so we don't need to trade at all.

I don't know why ppl think this is any different to O'Keefe situation last yr. Don't be suprised if Ball resigns, there's no way he'll go into PSD even though I'd love to see Melbourne take him.

Yeah, Pendlebury, O'Bree, Sidebottom, Swan, Beams, damn they all look like downhill skiers to me.

Luke Ball is O'Bree's replacement that is all, we don't absolutely we need him, he would just add to our already strong rotation.

We lack absolute clearance players, but to say all our mids are downhill skiers stinks of a lack of knowledge of our list.

If we get Ball for a reasonable price, good, if not, most Pies supporters won't lose too much sleep over it.

Fairly sure the ramifications of this include Richmond FC being traded from the 2nds to the 3rds of his cricket club, in a dramatic turn of events which has happened recently. :cool:

James Gwilt may also be heading to Collingwood from what I've heard.

Fairly sure the ramifications of this include Richmond FC being traded from the 2nds to the 3rds of his cricket club, in a dramatic turn of events which has happened recently. :cool:

James Gwilt may also be heading to Collingwood from what I've heard.

what u heard??? i like gwilt.. didnt he get like 30+ possies in a final (was in his first handful of games too i think) a few years back??

Remove this Banner Ad

J.Fraser for L.Ball will be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back