Speculation Jack Carroll

Remove this Banner Ad

I think whether the Eagles chase him properly depends on other things not happening. Im sure if we miss on other mids we would be putting an offer in front of him

West Coast fans seem confident on him. Probably get done easily once announced.
Where did you see wce fans being confident?

Hes probably one we look at as a backup option if we cant get any better mids that are floating around, but seeing a guy like Kennedy being out the door means Carroll might have a little bit of a chance at some games next year.

This kid was a drifter in his trade year 4 years ago
managed 20 games. Whats his main issue ?
Why is is valued so low at the blues

Need to remember that he was drafted very young and is still just 21. And over the past few years Carlton's midfield has not been a particularly easy one to break into.

The main issue I have with Jack is that despite having 4 years in the system now I am still not sure what his best role/position is at senior level. Is he more inside or outside? What are his main strengths? I've seen a lot of him now and I still am not sure.

We lost some midfield depth last offseason so Carroll by default became the #1 depth option and played more senior footy than he has in previous seasons. But he's still just a fringe player for us.

I tend to agree with bradfisher14 - if Kennedy goes, I think he stays. And I think that's a reasonably likely outcome.

Need to remember that he was drafted very young and is still just 21. And over the past few years Carlton's midfield has not been a particularly easy one to break into.

The main issue I have with Jack is that despite having 4 years in the system now I am still not sure what his best role/position is at senior level. Is he more inside or outside? What are his main strengths? I've seen a lot of him now and I still am not sure.

We lost some midfield depth last offseason so Carroll by default became the #1 depth option and played more senior footy than he has in previous seasons. But he's still just a fringe player for us.

I tend to agree with bradfisher14 - if Kennedy goes, I think he stays. And I think that's a reasonably likely outcome.
Whilst i like Kennedy if given the choice between the 2 players i think Carroll makes more sense for Carlton to keep
Both salary & Age but finding the correct trade for Kennedy would be the important pasrt as i cant see Carlton letting him go for a pick in the 3rd round

Whilst i like Kennedy if given the choice between the 2 players i think Carroll makes more sense for Carlton to keep
Both salary & Age but finding the correct trade for Kennedy would be the important pasrt as i cant see Carlton letting him go for a pick in the 3rd round

I see the Kennedy and Houston situations being linked to each other. If we get Houston, Kennedy will go and that represents a massive upgrade in that position.

If we don't, Kennedy will likely stay.

Carroll isn't tied in to the same extent. I think we'd be happy to keep him and see him continue to develop with stints at both levels. But if a good enough offer came through (or if Jack really wanted to head home) then of course we would look at it.

I saw he was in limbo from an article, West Coast should definitely look at him, he is a very solid player and only young.
I was surprised to hear that he is on the outer a little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Carroll

Remove this Banner Ad

Back