worsfold

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2006
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Come on lets have everything your got on this bloke other than the tent issue. Is he a true FF if so I want him at WCE

GC have told Darling they will take him in the draft , whether that is 3-5-7-9 draft pick . IMO if West Coast have pick 4 GC will use 3 : if West Coast have pick 6 GC will use 5 : if West Coast have pick 8 GC will use pick 7 !

We wont get him ! unfortunately :(

GC have told Darling they will take him in the draft , whether that is 3-5-7-9 draft pick . IMO if West Coast have pick 4 GC will use 3 : if West Coast have pick 6 GC will use 5 : if West Coast have pick 8 GC will use pick 7 !

We wont get him ! unfortunately :(
If they said they WILL take him, they they have to pull the trigger at 1-3. They can always trump the Coast, but the Tigs wouldn't be too disinterested to discount.

He's a definite talent, but he's got an attitude that does stick right with me.....but then again, so does Buddy.

Dude has some serious issues. Woulden't want him playing for my club, may be a decent player but a **** bloke, not worth the punt.

1.swallow gc 2.bennell gc 3.darling gc 4. sam day rich please afl gods let this happen.

Seriously, the guy has done nothing to justify pick 3. Will be a big slider. Forget about whatever you've heard about him in the past - he was a big guy, playing against skinny teenagers.

Lucas Cook and Solly are much better options than Darling and will go ahead of him.

Darling has also been overshadowed by Shane Kersten in the U18's also. In fact Kersten's performance has been streets ahead of Darling - more goals (bags of 5, 4, 3...), more influence etc...Same height as Darling (190cm), similar weight. Unfortunately Kerston is not eligible this year but GWS can snap him up.

Seriously, the guy has done nothing to justify pick 3. Will be a big slider. Forget about whatever you've heard about him in the past - he was a big guy, playing against skinny teenagers.

Lucas Cook and Solly are much better options than Darling and will go ahead of him.

Darling has also been overshadowed by Shane Kersten in the U18's also. In fact Kersten's performance has been streets ahead of Darling - more goals (bags of 5, 4, 3...), more influence etc...Same height as Darling (190cm), similar weight. Unfortunately Kerston is not eligible this year but GWS can snap him up.

GC have told Darling they will draft him , some time ago .... are they allowed to change there mind seeing his form is now average ..... Bluey is an honest good man , but maybe GC are talking to Darling about his options and what he wishes to do ???

Anyone who saw Darling at the Championships last year would have their mouths watering at the chance of picking him up. He was the difference up forward (with Swallow being the difference down back and in the midfield). The ball came down reasonably and Darling either marked it, or got it on the ground. He was excellent.

This time the teams seem to have done their homework on Darling a bit. Segrave of the Rams did a great job on him the other day.
However, it also appears that Darling has stagnated a bit this season. He hasn't quite had the impact as much or as often.

However, he is still going to go early. He can take a grab. He can find the ball on the ground. He has 2nd and 3rd efforts. He can mark in a pack. He usually kicks pretty well (although the other day he took a 40 m run up to kick the ball not a lot further and he didn't have his kicking boot on).
I don't know if he is quite tall enough or fast enough, but he has enough runs on the board to get a top 10 pick. Whether he'll go in the top couple will depend on his draft camp results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just got a goby off some birds not that much, had a beer or too, people are looking way to much into this incident. Schools are no fun nowadays.

Still think he is top 5 talent, had some injury problems and has stagnated a bit but still has talent. IMO still second best KPP behind Day, has very good skills.

Difference with previous sliders and Darling, is Jack is very athletic. His upside is as strong as ever, it's whether people can stomach his perceived attitude.

Does anyone else think it's just a case of him not really caring bout this year? He knows he is gonna get drafted, he has made it pretty clear that he wanted to be at GC as of last year and GC want him in return.

He dominated Champs last year as sn underage forward. I think he is just going through the motions cos he has nothing to play for this year. Who ever finishes last really needs to put the pressure on GC to take him in the top 3 and have Day or Bennell slide to 4, or GC just pick him up at their lesuire at 5 or 7.

His ordinary performances in the Carnival will see him drop a bit: inevitable after the hype of last year. However, he will be a Rich or a Butcher: good value at whatever pick he goes at, even ifit isn't #1 - #3 any longer.

Remember, Buddy Franklin had a shocking Carnival and was thought to be extremely lucky to be taken as high as he did. He came out OK.
I reckon Darling could too.

Does anyone else think it's just a case of him not really caring bout this year? He knows he is gonna get drafted, he has made it pretty clear that he wanted to be at GC as of last year and GC want him in return.

He dominated Champs last year as sn underage forward. I think he is just going through the motions cos he has nothing to play for this year. Who ever finishes last really needs to put the pressure on GC to take him in the top 3 and have Day or Bennell slide to 4, or GC just pick him up at their lesuire at 5 or 7.

I agree with your theory.

I think there must be a small group of players certain to be drafted who cruise through the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Profile Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back