Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I didn't mind Hodge having a go at Kenny, as he also had a go at Ginni for his shit stirring. But Mitchell doing so was pathetic when he'd come out in the week saying nothing to see here about the shit stirring.
Personally, I've got nothing against either Ginni or Kenny doing what they did. A bit of fun and entrtainment from both of them.
The AFL mullahs want a please explain 👹

The AFL mullahs want a please explain 👹
Are they thick?

I could explain it to the AFL:

Kenny had his arms out like an aeroplane, making fun of Ginnivan's smart arse tweet and then threw in a smartarse comment. Then Sicily went nuts - like a little kid who'd lost his blanky. Then Sammy, on the verge of tears, carried on about it, protraying Kenny as a monster and Sicily as a heroic leader.

Clearly Clarko's leadership mantra - "Lose my Shit" has inspired the next generation of Hawk leaders. Posters with the slogan and pictures of people off their chops are up on all the walls at their HQ.

The risk for Jack, Mitchell and the Hawks is that Jack is risking being the player who consumes more energy, time, leadership effort, headlines etc than he brings.

When winning players like him or Akermanis get away with it.

After a loss it quickly becomes tiring and exhausting. The questions are never ending.

My guess is this is why Fly and the pies had no issues with letting him go.

I’ve said it all the way along, I don’t miss him one bit.

He’s a clown.

His last 3 finals;
  • Races the night before a grand final
  • Pub the night before an elimination final
  • Giving ammo to the opponent on social in the week leading up to a semi final

He has also played like dogshyte in 2 of these games.

The club is bigger than the player.
Spot on. He may as well not have been out there in the GF or last night. Seriously, what sort of knob thinks there is nothing wrong going to the races at moonee valley the night before playing in an afl grand final? Collingwood did the right thing at the end of 2023, and this will be shown emphatically with the passage of time

Yep, no one's mentioning his behaviour. Everyone wants to go on about the big old meany man picking on the young kid..then the opposing view is Sicily not respecting his elders.. 😉 and not thinking of a senior team mate's 300th.
I like you Elliots Maggies. You have to own this though. You were filthy on the club getting rid of this rat.

No problem, you have seen the light. We all make mistakes.
Keep up the good work.

I like you Elliots Maggies. You have to own this though. You were filthy on the club getting rid of this rat.

No problem, you have seen the light. We all make mistakes.
Keep up the good work.
I liked Ginni, yes. He was one of my favourites. What does that have to do with his current behaviour? I never liked his off field stuff & I didn't like the way he spoke about Fly & the club after he left.

I definitely wouldn't have liked him posting something like that before a final if he were playing with us.

I find it gobsmacking that what he was criticised for (ducking, being cheeky) whilst at the Pies is now seen by the media & oppo supporters as good tactics & all innocent fun & games.

His 2022 season with us was great. Who can deny that? He ruined his 2023 season with his off field antics. His GF appearance was woeful.

He's Hawks problem now. And he's admitted he shouldn't have posted those comments & regrets it. After they lose..

After watching him first play for us in 2021, I rated him and saw some good potential. I picked him as one of 3 players to kick on along with Beau and Ruscoe and be good AFL players in our team in 2022 and onwards. However by the end of 2023 I didn't mind that we let him go. I still believe that he has the footy smarts to be effective but I'm not sure if he has the social awareness. Time will tell if he has an AFL career.

The Coodabeens' "Man from Canterbury" would be appalled at this narcissistic display - it's not cricket and would provoke even the most properly brought up people (think Grammar, Scotch etc) to mutter rude responses - even shake fists.

Some Hawthorn supporters probably support Trump
Most

I liked Ginni, yes. He was one of my favourites. What does that have to do with his current behaviour? I never liked his off field stuff & I didn't like the way he spoke about Fly & the club after he left.

I definitely wouldn't have liked him posting something like that before a final if he were playing with us.

I find it gobsmacking that what he was criticised for (ducking, being cheeky) whilst at the Pies is now seen by the media & oppo supporters as good tactics & all innocent fun & games.

His 2022 season with us was great. Who can deny that? He ruined his 2023 season with his off field antics. His GF appearance was woeful.

He's Hawks problem now. And he's admitted he shouldn't have posted those comments & regrets it. After they lose..
I liked him too. Particularly in 2022 when he went through his Sick Boy stage.

The risk for Jack, Mitchell and the Hawks is that Jack is risking being the player who consumes more energy, time, leadership effort, headlines etc than he brings.

When winning players like him or Akermanis get away with it.

After a loss it quickly becomes tiring and exhausting. The questions are never ending.

My guess is this is why Fly and the pies had no issues with letting him go.

Hinkley admitted in his presser that Port used Ginni’s tweet as a big motivator during the week …

… in a semi final Port ended up winning by 3 points.

As a wise man once said “Read the room Jack”

I really wish the “Never tear us apart” crowd had belted out this little number after the game, it would have been a sight to behold …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether you like it or not he has provided a major distraction in the lead up to both Hawks finals appearances - and it all boiled over at the end of last nights match. That's the reason he's no longer at Collingwood - you see the blow up now - would have been twice as bad if it was us
If it was us I could see Fly handling it with the perfect straddle between Nicks hanging Rachelle out to dry and Mitchell in full support of his boy. Ginny really needed a "read the room" last week.

If you want to be antagonistic, shit stirring flogs on and off the field don’t get sooky when the rest of the AFL world laughs in your face when it all turns to shit

Was always going to end in tears. Never did i dream it would be this amazing

I wished for an under a goal loss. I wished for Ken Hinkley selfie , it got better than that and i love it. We got Ken Hinkley airlines landing a reality blow for Ginni and his tiktok bois

I really wish the “Never tear us apart” crowd had belted out this little number after the game, it would have been a sight to behold …

Absolute classic. I don't think most Port fans are smart enough to think of that, though.

Yeah
How weird was that comment.
They don’t have each other’s phone numbers. They speak by snappy and TikTok.

What the hell are they discussing? Dick picks? Dance moves?
Grow up is right.

lol who said that , was that Mitchell ?

I never realised how dense Mitchell was until last nights presser. Holy shit he is the dumbest coach ive heard , actually Goodwin is up there too.

lol who said that , was that Mitchell ?

I never realised how dense Mitchell was until last nights presser. Holy shit he is the dumbest coach ive heard , actually Goodwin is up there too.
Yup. Mitchell.
I don’t think his Mensa membership pack has arrived yet.

Yup. Mitchell.
I don’t think his Mensa membership pack has arrived yet.
When they were handing out brains, he thought they said trains, but he was so dense he ended up at the bus stop.

Awww poor babies having a cry. Hahahaha this is hilarious.

I’d defer to the Australian Constitution, where I’m sure it’s written clearly “Don’t give a sledge unless you can take a sledge.”

And this “… we had a very young player have some aggressive words said to him by a man who has been in the game for a long time …” BS from Mitchell made you think Hinkley was hurting poor Bambi …

… Yeah, Ginni’s off field antics were very cute and charming when he was a young 19yo in his second year dishing it out …

… but FFS, he’s been in the system for four years now.

And Mitchell is hardly a paragon of dignity …

IMG_3493.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back