Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko has left his legacy. Losing it is a fantastic leadership trait at Hawthorn. ****ing hell.

"I’m proud of our captain, who would have been just as emotional. He was able to stand up and lead in a way that he can be proud of" - Sam Mitchell

"I think what I do as a leader is I always have my teammates’ back and I will stick up for them regardless of who is in the right or the wrong. It is something I pride myself on" - James Sicily

Clarko has left his legacy. Losing it is a fantastic leadership trait at Hawthorn. ****ing hell.

"I’m proud of our captain, who would have been just as emotional. He was able to stand up and lead in a way that he can be proud of" - Sam Mitchell

"I think what I do as a leader is I always have my teammates’ back and I will stick up for them regardless of who is in the right or the wrong." - James Sicily
This is the Hawthorn way.

My prediction …

… Hawks will trade Ginni at some stage in the future. It won’t be this year, but it’ll happen.

Sure, many young players do stupid things and take time to mature. But Ginni has been in the AFL system for four years now, he’s had four senior coaches (Buckley, Harvey, Fly and Mitchell), he’s been at two clubs, over that journey he’s been under an off field microscope as much as anyone …

… and the penny still hasn’t dropped for him.

Jayden Stephenson Mk II.

Last edited:

My prediction …

… Hawks will trade Ginni at some stage in the future. It won’t be this year, but it’ll happen.

Sure, many young players do stupid things and take time to mature. But Ginni has been in the AFL system for four years now, he’s had four senior coaches (Buckley, Harvey, Fly and Mitchell), he’s been at two clubs, over that journey he’s been under a an off field microscope as much as anyone and the penny still hasn’t dropped for him.

Jayden Stephenson Mk II.
who will he be traded to? Bunnings?

My prediction …

Sure, many young players do stupid things and take time to mature. But Ginni has been in the AFL system for four years now, he’s had four senior coaches (Buckley, Harvey, Fly and Mitchell), he’s been at two clubs, over that journey he’s been under a an off field microscope as much as anyone and the penny still hasn’t dropped for him.

Jayden Stephenson Mk II.
Difference is that Ginni is still improving as a player despite the circus. Stepho's issue is that he plays crap footy.

Difference is that Ginni is still improving as a player despite the circus. Stepho's issue is that he plays crap footy.
The other factor is that despite him coming across as a flog to so many fans, his teammates seem to genuinely like him.

Stephenson is 3-4 years ahead of Ginni.

Hinkley admitted in his presser that Port used Ginni’s tweet as a big motivator during the week …

… in a semi final Port ended up winning by 3 points.

As a wise man once said “Read the room Jack”
There would not be a coach in the league that wouldn’t have used Ginnivan’s Instapost as motivation for his team.
Wines said Ginni’s comment went up on the whiteboard early in the week.
It’s my opinion that Ginnivan had a big bearing on tne result of the game.
It brought out the best in Port who played 4 quarters of high pressure footy. They had to in order to win this game.
It also affected Ginnivan. He was poor. Ignore the two goals. Watch his other touches. He fumbled, looked timid and missed targets by hand. After the blowback during the week, it played on his mind I believe.
And for all those who have an issue with Hinkley, just remember it started with Ginni’s post. Without that, Hinkley would have said nothing to Ginni after the game. Sicily would not have said anything to Hinkley. None of it would have happened.
As it is, I think it’s very rich that Hawthorn can bitch and whine about Hinkley. When Ginni is a smartass, it’s cheeky, he’s having a bit of fun, it’s good for the game and the game needs characters. But when Hinkley has a dig, it’s not on. Its deplorable. What a load of crap and double standards.
I realise coaches are held to a different standard but please. It was harmless. He said nothing terrible, no profanities, it was fine. Sicily made it worse than it needed to be. He caused the scene. He ruined Breust’s send off. Not Hinkley.
Anyway, that’s my two cents worth.

There would not be a coach in the league that wouldn’t have used Ginnivan’s Instapost as motivation for his team.
Wines said Ginni’s comment went up on the whiteboard early in the week.
It’s my opinion that Ginnivan had a big bearing on tne result of the game.
It brought out the best in Port who played 4 quarters of high pressure footy. They had to in order to win this game.
It also affected Ginnivan. He was poor. Ignore the two goals. Watch his other touches. He fumbled, looked timid and missed targets by hand. After the blowback during the week, it played on his mind I believe.
And for all those who have an issue with Hinkley, just remember it started with Ginni’s post. Without that, Hinkley would have said nothing to Ginni after the game. Sicily would not have said anything to Hinkley. None of it would have happened.
As it is, I think it’s very rich that Hawthorn can bitch and whine about Hinkley. When Ginni is a smartass, it’s cheeky, he’s having a bit of fun, it’s good for the game and the game needs characters. But when Hinkley has a dig, it’s not on. Its deplorable. What a load of crap and double standards.
I realise coaches are held to a different standard but please. It was harmless. He said nothing terrible, no profanities, it was fine. Sicily made it worse than it needed to be. He caused the scene. He ruined Breust’s send off. Not Hinkley.
Anyway, that’s my two cents worth.

Possible Hawks’ reactions …

(A) Gracious. Laugh it off. “Oops, we ended up with egg on our face over that one, didn’t we? Nice one Ken”

(B) Needled. “Yeah, yeah, onya Ken. (tosser)

(C) Ignore it. “Dunno what you’re on about Ken”

(D) Triggered

Hawks obviously locked in (D) and are being very sensitive about this.

Maybe it wasn’t just a motivation for Port, but it might have also been an unwanted distraction for Hawks during the week?

I truly couldn’t imagine Collingwood (Fly / Moore) reacting the way Hawthorn have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possible Hawks’ reactions …

(A) Gracious. Laugh it off. “Oops, we ended up with egg on our face over that one, didn’t we? Nice one Ken”

(B) Needled. “Yeah, yeah, onya Ken. (tosser)

(C) Ignore it. “Dunno what you’re on about Ken”

(D) Triggered

Hawks obviously locked in (D) and are being very sensitive about this.

Maybe it wasn’t just a motivation for Port, but it might have also been an unwanted distraction for Hawks during the week?

I truly couldn’t imagine Collingwood (Fly / Moore) reacting the way Hawthorn have.
Cornes said they have “the glassiest glass jaws in football” 🤣

Sicily again went in to bat for Ginnivan and his teammates on Saturday morning: “I can’t recall exactly what was said. He was talking to our players and said something to Ginni and I think what I do as a leader is I always have my teammates’ back and I will stick up for them regardless of who is in the right or the wrong,” he said as the Hawks prepared to fly home.

exactly the type of behaviours you want young men to normalise & aspire to!

The funny thing is, he was saying it like he was proud. Just suck it up and use it as fuel in the future. You lost Sicily, because you missed the match winner. Forever. You are a choker and single handedly lost your hokballers a chance at a ridiculously memorable flag. And that will never change. And maybe, just maybe, you will never win a flag or another final again. That's it you're done. Maybe you should sook and cry about it some more like your newly sensitive daddy coach.

Geez, maybe I need to get out there and tag Sicily next year?

Loving the tears coming from the poo and wee’s.

Even Matthews sooked it up. So awesome. The only thing better would be for them to plummet back down the ladder as guys like Meek, Worpel, Amon, Scrimshaw and DAmbrosio revert back to being pretty average.

Slowly but surely
shovel digging GIF by Hunter Gatherer

Waiting patiently for his next big fail.
He needs to grow up. After seeing his old man run amuck I'm not quite sure he will.
It's getting embarrassing and slowly becoming untenable. Hawthorn wouldn't be happy with him, regardless of the media. He cost them the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back