Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko, Sheeds, Malthouse, Ken…. It’s all been done before.

Sicily looked like he wanted to go on with it 🤣

Mitchell also sooked it up, probably without really knowing what was even said.
There was so much to love - Sicily and Mitchell on the verge of tears was gold. Plus the embodiments of Clarko's unsociable football - Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis lecturing the comp on football etiquette. It was glorious.

Last edited:
Possible Hawks’ reactions …

(A) Gracious. Laugh it off. “Oops, we ended up with egg on our face over that one, didn’t we? Nice one Ken”

(B) Needled. “Yeah, yeah, onya Ken. (tosser)

(C) Ignore it. “Dunno what you’re on about Ken”

(D) Triggered

Hawks obviously locked in (D) and are being very sensitive about this.

Maybe it wasn’t just a motivation for Port, but it might have also been an unwanted distraction for Hawks during the week?

I truly couldn’t imagine Collingwood (Fly / Moore) reacting the way Hawthorn have.
Absolutely right.
Sicily made it so much worse than it should have.
I liked Kane Cornes’s comment (he doesn’t have many) when he said - “Hawthorn need to toughen up. They showed they have the glassiest of glass jaws”.

Possible Hawks’ reactions …

(A) Gracious. Laugh it off. “Oops, we ended up with egg on our face over that one, didn’t we? Nice one Ken”

(B) Needled. “Yeah, yeah, onya Ken. (tosser)

(C) Ignore it. “Dunno what you’re on about Ken”

(D) Triggered

Hawks obviously locked in (D) and are being very sensitive about this.

Maybe it wasn’t just a motivation for Port, but it might have also been an unwanted distraction for Hawks during the week?

I truly couldn’t imagine Collingwood (Fly / Moore) reacting the way Hawthorn have.
Fly's reaction to Langdon's 'all duck no dinner' comment was to use it as motivation, but also said he loved that type of thing and though it was great for the game. There is no way he would have taunted Langdon after the game. That's the difference between Fly & Hinkley.

This is spot on

Yep, they were flat as a tack coming out of the qualifying final beating and Ginni's stupid smart arse comment gave them something to immediately shift their focus to and get fired up about when they otherwise might have still been collectively dwelling on their piss poor effort vs Geelong.

When a team has had a shocker the week prior there's no better panacea than something done off-field by their next opponent to piss them off and get them motivated, and it was clear from the first bounce that they came out ready to make a statement and shut the cocky Hawks up with their defensive and body pressure early on.

Fly's reaction to Langdon's 'all duck no dinner' comment was to use it as motivation, but also said he loved that type of thing and though it was great for the game. There is no way he would have taunted Langdon after the game. That's the difference between Fly & Hinkley.
I like Hinkley. Just another emotional outburst. It has happened numerous times in games. Nothing to see here

In respect to Hinkley , he has had everyone coming at him this year.

There was so much to love - Sicily and Mitchell on the verge of tears was gold. Plus the embodiments of Clarko's unsociable football - Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis lecturing the comp on football etiquette. It was glorious.
Don’t forget this tosser either. I’m not sure that Dermott has the moral “head stomping” compass to call Ken Hinkley’s actions “absolutely dreadful” either.

I liked how after Lewis had his sook, Buckley turned around and said that he completely disagreed with what Lewis said and that it didn’t happen the way he spoke of it…

Don’t forget this tosser either. I’m not sure that Dermott has the moral “head stomping” compass to call Ken Hinkley’s actions “absolutely dreadful” either.

It's the club of Clarko getting outraged by a smartarse quip from a coach. FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I had red hair I would wear it with pride.
Although it would be grey nowadays.
He has a massive ego as does Sam Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis..
The 3 stooges you mentioned at the end should not have been on the broadcast team to begin with all being ex hok tuah players and shit commentators on top of the bias they have

Mouthy little ****s need calling out. Harmless chatter by Hinkley, offends the ‘be better brigade’ who coincidently were some of the snipeiest thugs going around. Just the biggest ****ing laughable storm in a teacup of the season for mine.
Moral of the story is shut your ****en mouth to beginnivan with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back