Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't really have a major problem with the Ginnivan social media post albeit it's the latest lesson of never give your opposition any extra motivation if it can be avoided. I had no problem with the emotional Hinkley response given his career might have been on the line after the debacle the week prior.

While the Hinkley comments post game were largely directed at Ginnivan in reality the cocky Hawks as a whole have been setting themselves up for this moment for months. While the extroverted nature of their goal celebrations and social media posts have been embraced by Hawthorn and the media in general (a lot of the public also) that's largely down to the brand of football they had been playing and the fairytale that looked to be unfolding after a 0-5 start.

Even if we didn't like them we begrudgingly admired what they were achieving under Mitchell.

Still, that grace period of being prepared to overlook the general smugness that was being emitted only lasts so long and I feel Ken was speaking for us all when the moment finally arrived we could knock the arrogrant pr*cks down a peg or two.

While I unfortunately believe the Hawks aren't going away anytime soon, you do sense the opposition has reached their limit of Hawthorn arrogance and aren't going to cop it so easily from here on out.

If the wins don't come as freely next season the Hawks and wider football media may not cop it so sweet either.

It will be interesting to see how long the Hawks can be bothered with the continual sideshow that seems to follow Jack. Mostly from his own doing but some from the constant media fascination. 3 years for us was enough.

In the honeymoon period, whilst the going is good, things can be glossed over (as a young bloke finding his way) but let’s see what happens if they have a drop off and he doesn’t mature. I’ll be watching on with interest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I didn't really have a major problem with the Ginnivan social media post albeit it's the latest lesson of never give your opposition any extra motivation if it can be avoided. I had no problem with the emotional Hinkley response given his career might have been on the line after the debacle the week prior.

While the Hinkley comments post game were largely directed at Ginnivan in reality the cocky Hawks as a whole have been setting themselves up for this moment for months. While the extroverted nature of their goal celebrations and social media posts have been embraced by Hawthorn and the media in general (a lot of the public also) that's largely down to the brand of football they had been playing and the fairytale that looked to be unfolding after a 0-5 start.

Even if we didn't like them we begrudgingly admired what they were achieving under Mitchell.

Still, that grace period of being prepared to overlook the general smugness that was being emitted only lasts so long and I feel Ken was speaking for us all when the moment finally arrived we could knock the arrogrant pr*cks down a peg or two.

While I unfortunately believe the Hawks aren't going away anytime soon, you do sense the opposition has reached their limit of Hawthorn arrogance and aren't going to cop it so easily from here on out.

If the wins don't come as freely next season the Hawks and wider football media may not cop it so sweet either.

This 100%. Maybe it’s just me seeing the world with Gen X eyes but I can’t stand the post game selfies and wanky goal celebrations. What the bloody hell is “Hok Ball” or “Hawk Tua” anyway? Maybe it’s the new way of the world but I find them very unlikeable (even if they are playing a great style of footy). It’s a condescending smugness.

It wouldn’t sit well with me (as an opponent) if they carried on like this against me. It would illicit a fairly strong verbal and physical response before the next bounce. Hopefully some teams next year feel the same way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This 100%. Maybe it’s just me seeing the world with Gen X eyes but I can’t stand the post game selfies and wanky goal celebrations. What the bloody hell is “Hok Ball” or “Hawk Tua” anyway? Maybe it’s the new way of the world but I find them very unlikeable (even if they are playing a great style of footy). It’s a condescending smugness.

It wouldn’t sit well with me (as an opponent) if they carried on like this against me. It would illicit a fairly strong verbal and physical response before the next bounce. Hopefully some teams next year feel the same way.

Hawk GIF by novak

Dermie can run through other teams huddles though.
STFU Derm

It tops May and the Dees last year as the funniest exit I can remember. Not sure which is my highlight:

Their captain losing the plot.

Their coach on the verge of tears in his press conference.

The coach's outrage over a smartarse quip a few days after being supportive of smartarse quips.

The captain and coach being proud of the captain for losing the plot and claiming it was great leadership. Despite him being so triggered by a quip that he nearly dropped Bruest as he chaired him off, and then remaining so triggered that he kept on going at Kenny during his tribute to Bruest. Great leadership James.

The sanctimony of their former sniping stars. Dermie Stand on his Head Brereton and the star disciples of Clarko's unsociable football transforming into pearl clutchers outraged over a smartarse quip. Their lecture series on football etiquette is comedic gold.

"PORT Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley has been fined $20,000 by the AFL for targeting Hawthorn forward Jack Ginnivan after Friday night's thrilling win at Adelaide Oval."

Bullshit from the AFL IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back