Recommitted Jack Graham [staying]

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. I would still rather not trade that pick 26 for graham. To be honest I think a bit of the dissapointment stems from not aiming higher with the player types we are supposedly trading for. Every team, including port, has role players that are a similar standard to graham. Yes we could use him, but it’s not a drastic need. Losing Amon and picking up graham for the same compensation is a significant loss, no matter what that pick is.

I get ya.

Bottom line I don't like FA compo. It should just be cut your losses.

Personally I think we should keep Graham. Don't think he's on huge coin like 450

I get ya.

Bottom line I don't like FA compo. It should just be cut your losses.

Personally I think we should keep Graham. Don't think he's on huge coin like 450
100% agree hope we do keep him although I’d suggest Port will offer him a 5-7 year life changing deal at 600k plus to come home . If they offer that type of deal a pick between 15 - 25 is a minimum!!!!

100% agree hope we do keep him although I’d suggest Port will offer him a 5-7 year life changing deal at 600k plus to come home . If they offer that type of deal a pick between 15 - 25 is a minimum!!!!
If Port offer him a deal like that then everyone involved should be sacked on the spot.

Cumberland plays a totally different position. He plays as a small forward.

Sonsie probably does play a similar role, but more so on the attacking side. The 2 which are more likely to be pushed out are Cotch (who will maybe play 15 games next year tops) and Short (the coach loves him, but he plays a similar role to Sonsie, neither of them play that defensive role that Graham does).
I'll give you the Amon compensation for Short the guys a gun - well his kick is a weapon anyway. No way Graham plays ahead of Short.

I'm sick of this. This is actually worse than the Wet Toast idiots who think that a portly young indigenous man who has spent the last 2 years sitting on a couch is worth a top 20 pick.

Lol. That's a nice assumption to fit your narrative. There's a few other guys that would be getting told that before Graham. Plus you're forgetting that Lambert and Edwards have retired so those additions really won't change too much.

Plus there are question marks over Dustys mindset plus prestia and cotchins body holding up. There's no chance the club would he telling anyone around the top 25 or so that they're looking at limited opportunity next year.
Who are the other guys who would be told they before Graham?
Reckon you’re probably wrong given he’s the only one who has toured another club’s facilities

Nobody is going to give him a contract that long or at $600k
That’s what we are giving Hopper and he’s much better.
4 years would be the most likely and money would be a bit below $600k

600 no way haha

450-550 absolute tops and that's considering new EBA coming up.

He's a 20 disposal 5 tackle per week player.

Unless he moves clubs and just finds another level out of nowhere like Jarryd Lyons that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...Because Port came looking after Dunkley knocked them back. He's been chased before.
No probably because Hopper and Taranto will be in our lineup next year and he won’t be getting midfield minutes in front of them

600 no way haha

450-550 absolute tops and that's considering new EBA coming up.

He's a 20 disposal 5 tackle per week player.

Unless he moves clubs and just finds another level out of nowhere like Jarryd Lyons that is.
I'd still be more than happy to keep him.
Turning 25 at the start of next season, will play his 100th game in 2023, about to come into his prime. Think he can be released a bit more to see him shine in a more offensive role, he plays a thankless role with a lot of two way gut running and defensive work. Free him up a bit at half forward with a bit more licence to attack. He's a good disposer by foot, good shot for goal.

100% agree hope we do keep him although I’d suggest Port will offer him a 5-7 year life changing deal at 600k plus to come home
Not a remote possibility of this $$$ value and or length of contract IMO. If that was the deal, they guys responsible need to pack their bags and be walked out the door.

Still hoping any thought he had of wanting to move to Port was quashed after he met Hinkley and realised that peanut is not capable of coaching a Premiership quality team.

That shows how little you know our team if you think Graham and Short are playing the same role.
I didn't say that. I said Short is a better player and I would give Amon comp for Short not Graham.

Blind with outrage you're putting words in my mouth. Short plays in Richmond's best 22 Graham doesn't once Taranto and Hopper arrive.

lmao at all the list managers here.
I'm sure Pear know what they are doing.
They won't offer overs for Jack and I doubt Richmond will accept gross unders either.

I didn't say that. I said Short is a better player and I would give Amon comp for Short not Graham.

Blind with outrage you're putting words in my mouth. Short plays in Richmond's best 22 Graham doesn't once Taranto and Hopper arrive.

Short is a different player/role but yes a better player and won't be making way for any recruit you'd think

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jack Graham [staying]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back