Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean dual AA, dual B&F winning ruckman Brodie Grundy?

It's not really apples and apples there is it.

At the end of the day, my comfort all comes down to cost. ROI. If we carry the contract, I would only be comfortable with minimal draft capital leaving. If they carry some contract, then given his age and where he was drafted the Grundy deal looks a decent parallel (F2).

But let's not pretend he's done anything close to producing at the level Grundy had.
It’s more that if he chooses Port he will be no good until he starts playing and he actually compliments their team very well and he forms part of their premiership pushes for the next few years.

Port have consistently gone for players that they think will make their team stronger, hasn’t won them a flag year but they’ve finished second. Whilst we are just shit and yet posters on here take the piss out of them.

I reckon it would be tough to get a big name to our club without giving up overs right now.

Development is our pathway- Taylor, Soligo, Edwards, Dowling, Curtin should form the young mid group with Crouch as the leader + Keays, Dawson, Rankine and Rachele all moving through on occasion.

I just can't see Luko coming here for peanuts and other clubs will offer so much more. Port might be happy to give up pick 15-18 to get that premiership.

Port may not need to - looking a definite chance in an even year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Josh Schache former number 2 pick just been delisted by Melbourne, his second club

Yes it is relevant for the thread.

Some good detail here from skam85 on the trading board
Dimma likes Luko, he rates him as a player, the club like him as a person and a player. There is zero bad blood.

Their preference is to keep him if they could, but understanding that Dimma and the coaching team have Luko earmarked as a half back, due to his elite kick.

Luko is adamant his career is as a forward, so unfortunately for both parties that doesn't fit into Dimma's plan for Luko or the club, thus leading to Luko requesting the trade back home. Adelaide can offer him this spot up forward long term, as can Port Adelaide.

It's not dissimilar to Jeremy Howe leaving Melbourne, the irony being he ended up playing back for Collingwood after all that anyway.

Obviously SA, money and contract length also come into it but that's the crux of why he's leaving (yes I know it hasn't officially been announced yet).

By BACCS no less
is BACCS the new Alex?
Or was BACCS Alex the whole time?
shocked jerry seinfeld GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd be a huge get for Port, imagine him playing CHF/FF with their midfield.

If he wants to play forward, how would it structure up for us?

Tilthorpe FF?
Fog CHF?
Luko pushing up and back?
Welsh...?

Could play as a utility, definitely makes us better, but who knows what's being done atm behind closed doors at both clubs.

port will throw the kitchen sink at luko now

gee they might even trade for gollant
If he has the choice of Ken & Nix, he may decide to stay at the Suns.

Didn't make top ten in the B&F. Hmmm. You'd want your new highest paid player to at least be in that list from their previous club.

Didn't make top ten in the B&F. Hmmm. You'd want your new highest paid player to at least be in that list from their previous club.
Came 6th last year playing predominantly as a forward. Kicked 39 goals, second to Ben King

Was played as a forward at the start of this year (first 5-6 games) and then spent the rest of the season mostly at HB

And was then dropped for the last 2 games of the season

It seems Hardwick doesn't view him now as first choice as 1 of the key forwards. And doesn't rate his game style, or he doesn't suit his game plan, playing from HB

Came 6th last year playing predominantly as a forward. Kicked 39 goals, second to Ben King

Was played as a forward at the start of this year (first 5-6 games) and then spent the rest of the season mostly at HB

And was then dropped for the last 2 games of the season

It seems Hardwick doesn't view him now as first choice as 1 of the key forwards. And doesn't rate his game style, or he doesn't suit his game plan, playing from HB
Hardwick built his forward line around two contested marking key forwards, Lynch and Riewoldt.

Lukosius doesn't fit his ideal structure so certainly understandable that he's on the outer there. He didn't really use a 3rd tall forward or any sort of hybrid role at Richmond.

The question for us is does Lukosius just not fit Hardwick's ideal structure, or does he not fit any (aspiring) premiership team's structure?

Is it just a bad fit with Hardwick or is he just not good enough?

To me it comes down to role. What is Lukosius' best role at AFL level and are we able to build this into our team? Frankly I worry that Nicks and his cohorts aren't sharp enough to utilise Lukosius' skills. They prefer the crash n bash types. Even with our best two mids Dawson and Rankine they came around slowly to as to being used in the midfield. Our coaches don't seem to be able to intuitively recognise or utilise each player's strengths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back