Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless he can improve his attack on the ball and contested side of the game he will not be the player we are needing. Sure he has a nice kick and looks skillful when in space but as soon as there is a hint of contact he is not prepared to dig in and fight. His tackling efforts are quite poor and he has no presence within a contest.

There is a reason he has fallen out of favour at Gold Coast and it is quite simply Hardwick can see his is not prepared to attack the contest in the required manner. I know not all players are built for or capable of impacting a contest but they are expected to go when it is their turn. If this part of his game can't be fixed then we will have used salary cap and draft collateral on a player who will not help us if we somehow make the finals in a year or two. Very rarely in finals is there time and space for players who play like Jack to show off their skills and impact a game.

It appears some people are still wedded to the fact he was pick 2 in the draft years ago along with being a South Australian. If he was from anywhere else I bet we wouldn't even be talking about him and that goes for the List management team. Talk of giving away a future first round pick or downgrading this years first is very worrying considering the obvious deficiencies in his game.

Personally I don't see the need.
He's a decent player, but no superstar.

My question is - what position does he play that substantially improves us? Is he a half forward that we use as the connector?

It could make us a bit top heavy up forward, especially if Tex plays on. I can't see how we play Luko, Tex, Fog, Thilthorpe and probably Curtin in the same forward line.
Can he play wing?
Decent player.....
Tex should retire..... let the next gen come through

I just feel he is only going to digress from here onwards

At this stage its too early to judge Curtin... give him a few more games to get acclimatized.

Unless he can improve his attack on the ball and contested side of the game he will not be the player we are needing. Sure he has a nice kick and looks skillful when in space but as soon as there is a hint of contact he is not prepared to dig in and fight. His tackling efforts are quite poor and he has no presence within a contest.

There is a reason he has fallen out of favour at Gold Coast and it is quite simply Hardwick can see his is not prepared to attack the contest in the required manner. I know not all players are built for or capable of impacting a contest but they are expected to go when it is their turn. If this part of his game can't be fixed then we will have used salary cap and draft collateral on a player who will not help us if we somehow make the finals in a year or two. Very rarely in finals is there time and space for players who play like Jack to show off their skills and impact a game.

It appears some people are still wedded to the fact he was pick 2 in the draft years ago along with being a South Australian. If he was from anywhere else I bet we wouldn't even be talking about him and that goes for the List management team. Talk of giving away a future first round pick or downgrading this years first is very worrying considering the obvious deficiencies in his game.
Scott Pendlebury? has time and space..... its like his been walking through games.

Future First?? most articles say 2nd round at best.

Think he need the Burgess treatment like what he did with Thilthorpe this year, some said Thilthorpe was weak at the contest but not after returning with the GIGACHAD body this year. There's media talk of pick in the 20s so F2 especially if we are taking on his heavily backend remaining contract.

Have at it.

Luko wanting to come home is exactly why you don't burn bridges on the trade table with other clubs.

We will look back and be thankful our Lyons, Wigg, Rankine, Burgess trades ran smoothly with the Suns.

Woah this is weird, I agree with you!

The other thing that works to our advantage is that IF we're working with GC on a Luko deal then we'd surely be in their ear about other potential pick swaps

I think he's worth taking a punt with a future 2nd. If it's rumoured he's on $1m per year for his final 2 years then no way are we giving over a 1st...

Scott Pendlebury? has time and space..... its like his been walking through games.

Future First?? most articles say 2nd round at best.
Pendlebury also plays in the midfield and is prepared to contest for the ball. Pendlebury is able to create the time and space within the contest. Lukosius requires to start in the space to execute his skills.

There have been quite a few posts on this board prepared to offer up our future first as a means to get him.

Pendlebury also plays in the midfield and is prepared to contest for the ball. Pendlebury is able to create the time and space within the contest. Lukosius requires to start in the space to execute his skills.

There have been quite a few posts on this board prepared to offer up our future first as a means to get him.
yes some on this board, by the current media suggest second round pick.

I do agree about Pendles but i'm hopeful Luko can develop that part of his game.

its a mental thing... just like our very own in Sholl.

Luko is 195cm at only 85kg...... needs to be in the weight room.... who would be an upgrade over Gollant and Himmelberg in addition of the retiring Tex (this year or next).

Hope we bring him in. Having potentially the most potent forward line by quite a distance could be a POD play.

Thilthorpe (2)
Lukosius (2)
Fogarty (12)
Rankine (3)
Rachele (6)
Pedlar (11)
Keays (24)

with Dawson, Curtin, etc rolling through
Just imagine if we can get the ball down that end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I don't see the need.
He's a decent player, but no superstar.

My question is - what position does he play that substantially improves us? Is he a half forward that we use as the connector?

It could make us a bit top heavy up forward, especially if Tex plays on. I can't see how we play Luko, Tex, Fog, Thilthorpe and probably Curtin in the same forward line.
Can he play wing?

Ar worst, he may be able to dislodge Murphy from his ironed-on,non- statistical role and make us instantly better. If Jones can play wing. Luko could play wing. If Smith can play half back, Luko can play half back.
He's not going to win us a flag and I wouldn't want to be paying overs, but he makes us better and could easily contribute to the club @ the same level as the much maligned Paul Seedsman eventually did.

I think this guy could thrive back home. Same as we've seen with Rankine.

Hope we bring him in. Having potentially the most potent forward line by quite a distance could be a POD play.

Thilthorpe (2)
Lukosius (2)
Fogarty (12)
Rankine (3)
Rachele (6)
Pedlar (11)
Keays (24)

with Dawson, Curtin, etc rolling through
excellent point. Has any team in history had so many highly drafted players in the forward line? Yes I know Luko isnt 'worth' a pick 3 but most of the others are worth what we paid. We have a very exciting defence built on almost nothing (delisted FA/rookies like Hinge, Murray, Keane, Butts, Max was a bargain). Add the mids the last bit to focus on for a couple of drafts and FA's and we are pretty well set list wise IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back