Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

I could see Luko and Dawson being twin weapons floating around the ground, finding space at both ends, delivering the ball off half back and inside 50, taking marks in defence and inside forward 50.

At best, he becomes an AA swingman or Tom Lynch connector type, at worst, he's a bloody massive upgrade on Chayce Jones on the wing and he won't cost too much at the trade table, Suns have tanked his value.

Given we'll finish in the bottom 4 or 5 our 2nd round pick should be enough for him.

I think we have to be somewhat realistic though about what we're getting, he reminds me a bit along the lines of Tom Lynch (ours not the Richmond one) as a player.

Our second round pick is from Melbourne, we don’t have one we gave it to GWS (who then onforwarded to St Kilda)

Indicative draft order after Round 22

Imagine going back to 2018 and thinking we would have Rankine and Lukosius running around for us in their prime

2018 me would be as excited by this as I was about the last season of Game of Thrones. Lets hope this turns out a bit better.
Imagine taking two blokes in the top three of the same draft only for both of them to request a trade to the same club.

That's brutal.

Given we'll finish in the bottom 4 or 5 our 2nd round pick should be enough for him.

I think we have to be somewhat realistic though about what we're getting, he reminds me a bit along the lines of Tom Lynch (ours not the Richmond one) as a player.
Not even sure he'll be that good.

But he might be

excellent point. Has any team in history had so many highly drafted players in the forward line? Yes I know Luko isnt 'worth' a pick 3 but most of the others are worth what we paid. We have a very exciting defence built on almost nothing (delisted FA/rookies like Hinge, Murray, Keane, Butts, Max was a bargain). Add the mids the last bit to focus on for a couple of drafts and FA's and we are pretty well set list wise IMO
Can only really think of Hawthorn with Franklin, Roughead and Rioli but that's only 3 but a big 3. I think of their forward line and the high scoring in their dynasty teams rather than their midfield who if IIRC lost a few midfield battles or broke even.
Feel it could be good path to take as I think the midfield and forward positions require the most natural talent. Wouldn't be that excited if we spent high draft picks on defenders or ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were warned.
I was one of those doing the warning back then 🤣 🤣 , although Luko has stayed on longer than I suspected at the time (and he is no certainty to leave this year either)

Disagree. It has nothing to do with being a crows fan - it was the wrong draft strategy for a club that is bleeding players at a rate of knots to take 2 guys that will be fought over like nothing else by not just the SA clubs as early as this year coming. Cripps publicly forwarned them and now SEN are reporting interest already and it is not even christmas after the draft. And yep - we will revisit it and for GC sake, they had better hope none of the players ask out or it will be an absolute hammer blow to them as a club when they had the chance to do it differently

He would be a good fit for them.
Their forward line is sh!t
Georgiades I rate.
DIxon is cooked.
Marshall handy but not a gun.
Finlayson is decent when fit.
Lord unknown.

Being home will have the exact same effect on his performance as it has Rankines. Just shut up and get the deal done. Having him in our side will automatically make us better. It's a no brainer. Anyone bagging his ability or saying he is not a need has zero clue.

Less about the need and more about what it costs. If it’s a 2nd rounder and the Suns are paying some of his contract then I’m very happy with the deal.

I want to see luko on 1 wing .. and curtin on the other wing.

Sholl?

And I don’t know if wing is really the spot for Curtin anyway, he’s not just tall, he’s a big boy. The way he threw his weight around in the last quarter on Sunday I don’t think we want to keep him on the outside.

I think wing could be a good spot for Lukosius though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back